Educational

Author Topic: Just wrong  (Read 2492 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just wrong
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 07:34:41 PM »
It's time to revolt. You have guns in the USA but you don't do anything.

::)

Already David Henry Thoreau thought this was sad, and that was more than 150 years ago.

::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 07:35:36 PM »
But he was kind of claivoyant, wasn't he? Except for the brain bank cities on the moon and the Frankenstein controls everything has proven right. And just wait until you have a compulsory VeriChip implant; then you'll have the Frankenstein controls.

You're as mad as he was.

So what is this? Doesn't it exist or do you believe in the bullshit that it was designed for the little man's safety?

VeriChip

No, I just think you're mad.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
Ostrich, ostrich, ostrich...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
Mad, mad, mad...

- Albert Einstein

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »
WADR, Odeon, you don't live in the US and so you don't totally know how things are here. Since Bush took office, we've gone from being a reasonably strong country with a reasonably strong economy to a country scared of its own shadow and an economy shot through with holes. And I don't see any indication that Obama will change things for the better, at least not soon.  He's not willing to end the War on Drugs, or even legalize marijuana (which would help the economy immeasurably if sold legally and taxed); he hasn't said if he'll revoke the sunset provisions of the Patriot Act, and he seems to think government is the solution to the economy. A New New Deal will only prolong the current depression by taking more $ out of the hands of taxpayers and businessmen, which means the former will be unable to purchase more goods and services and the latter will have to cut jobs and put less money into R & D.

So, until I see more signs that Amerika is regaining its spirit, I'm going to march in the street and keep my powder dry. If that makes me mad, then throw me into the mental health system and fill me full of Thorazine. Won't change a damn thing.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:57:46 PM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2009, 08:45:06 PM »
 :plus:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
WADR, Odeon, you don't live in the US and so you don't totally know how things are here. Since Bush took office, we've gone from being a reasonably strong country with a reasonably strong economy to a country scared of its own shadow and an economy shot through with holes. And I don't see any indication that Obama will change things for the better, at least not soon.  He's not willing to end the War on Drugs, or even legalize marijuana (which would help the economy immeasurably if sold legally and taxed); he hasn't said if he'll revoke the sunset provisions of the Patriot Act, and he seems to think government is the solution to the economy. A New New Deal will only prolong the current depression by taking more $ out of the hands of taxpayers and businessmen, which means the former will be unable to purchase more goods and services and the latter will have to cut jobs and put less money into R & D.

So, until I see more signs that Amerika is regaining its spirit, I'm going to march in the street and keep my powder dry. If that makes me mad, then throw me into the mental health system and fill me full of Thorazine. Won't change a damn thing.

:agreed:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35:51 AM »
Herr Ostrich thinks that if he just sits there in his little village this will all blow past. And if it won't, he hopes that he will at least not be there anymore when the real tyrrany is erected.  ::)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 08:35:58 AM »
Obey your master!
Master!
Master!
Master!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:43:36 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 08:50:33 AM »
Obey your master!
Master!
Master!
Master!

YES that's the idea
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »
You will obey me. You WILL OBEY ME!

God rest ye, Mr Delgado.

TheoK

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
You can't be trusted to take care of yourself!

TheoK

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Obey...or else...!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »

I'm not saying you are mad. I'm saying Lit is. I didn't mean to offend you in any way, Wandrew, and apologise if I did.

Lit, however, is mad, and about the last person here I would trust with a weapon of any kind.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
Herr Ostrich thinks that if he just sits there in his little village this will all blow past. And if it won't, he hopes that he will at least not be there anymore when the real tyrrany is erected.  ::)

You really are quite mad.

- Albert Einstein