Author Topic: Just wrong  (Read 2491 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Just wrong
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »

What makes you think they are?

Oregon is a very strange place.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »
From what I've heard Oregon used to be very good 100 years back. There weren't many laws at all.

People must protest and, if that won't help, do something drastic.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »
It's not just the issue of the tax.  They will know where you are always.  In the NYC region the have metro card for the tolls it was started as an easy quick way to pay them but now the records are used in court ad police investigations

This is a very good point. 

They use cell phones to pinpoint people's general locations for criminal investigations as well.  If your cell phone is on, even if you aren't talking on it, its signal bounces off the nearest cell phone towers.  So if you said you were home when a crime happened somewhere else but your cell phone signal bounced off a tower close to the crime scene at the time the crime happened, they could see that you were lying.

The London congestion charge zone works through a number-plate recognition system that's hooked up to the many, many surveillance cameras in the zone, and given the enormous number of surveillance cameras already in the UK, it would be easy for the government to track the vast majority of vehicles without the need for each vehicle to have it's own tracking system installed.  They're testing face and behaviour recognition systems too, which at the moment can detect if a person is behaving aggressively and flag it for further observation, and it's going to become quite scary when they can track everybody's movements through face recognition.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
Do you still think that Francis E. Dec was completely mad?  ::)

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 01:30:52 PM »
Yes.  Although surveillance is a growing problem in contemporary society, Francis E. Dec was still a ravingly psychotic schizophrenic.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »
But he was kind of claivoyant, wasn't he? Except for the brain bank cities on the moon and the Frankenstein controls everything has proven right. And just wait until you have a compulsory VeriChip implant; then you'll have the Frankenstein controls.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »
He wasn't clairvoyant; his delusions just bore some coincidental and minor similarities to modern developments and had more to do with the pathology of schizophrenia than any insight on Dec's part.  It's common for schizophrenics to experience paranoia, egomania and a sensation that they're being controlled by an outside force, and it was these experiences that shaped Dec's delusions; not clairvoyance or an extrapolation of future social and technological trends.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »
It's time to revolt. You have guns in the USA but you don't do anything.

::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 04:14:25 PM »
Do you still think that Francis E. Dec was completely mad?  ::)

Yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
But he was kind of claivoyant, wasn't he? Except for the brain bank cities on the moon and the Frankenstein controls everything has proven right. And just wait until you have a compulsory VeriChip implant; then you'll have the Frankenstein controls.

You're as mad as he was.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 06:03:40 PM »
It's time to revolt. You have guns in the USA but you don't do anything.

::)

Already David Henry Thoreau thought this was sad, and that was more than 150 years ago.

TheoK

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »

You're as mad as he was.

So what is this? Doesn't it exist or do you believe in the bullshit that it was designed for the little man's safety?

VeriChip

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »

You're as mad as he was.

So what is this? Doesn't it exist or do you believe in the bullshit that it was designed for the little man's safety?

VeriChip

The way I read the website, it is currently being used for Alzheimer's patients or to identify remains in the aftermath of Katrina, but I can see the potential that something like this could be abused, so I think I see your point.

TheoK

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
I'm not one whit interested in the ability to identify me after a tsunami and if I get Alzheimer I don't want any stinking VeriChip but Dr. Kevorkian.

And anyone who tries to implant something like that with force in me will pay with their worthless henchman life or their health.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:30 PM »
No chip for me.  .  Chips could be abused even hack a day web site had a hack on how to read and reproduce them
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw