Author Topic: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later  (Read 8635 times)

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
While visiting my parents a few weeks ago, I learned something about the teacher I had back in first and second grades.  (Back in the late 1970's, that is.  Remember that bad teacher rant I had shortly after I joined I2 a year and a half ago?)

My parents both taught at that school at the same time I was attending.  (Mother taught kindergarten and Dad taught science.)  The principal had been their band director when they were in high school some years before that.  (That's where my parents met, in their high school band.)  So, my parents had the inside track on the school's faculty politics.

Anyway, somehow the topic of that old hellhole came up during my recent visit.  Turns out that teacher I had back then, who I hate even to this day, was some loser that none of the public schools would hire.  So, the principal of this private school decided to be nice and hire him.  Apparently he was putting this loser's best interests over those of his students.  For those of you who don't remember my bad-teacher rant, this is the asshole who gave me a math phobia.  Initially I liked math.  I even had my own scientific calculator at age seven.  I was aware of negative numbers before I was supposed to "learn" about them, and that annoyed this teacher.  So, the first time I had a bad day with the math, that was Mr. Loser's opportunity to make sure it was a REALLY bad day, and make me hate math.  The asshole enjoyed humiliating students in front of each other.

Fast-forward to a dozen years later, to when I'm college.  I'm majoring in engineering.  I'm taking a Calculus II mid-term and having a horrible time with it, and then I have a flashback.  A stunned, silent flashback, mind you, but still it comes to show you the negative effect.  Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I hadn't been stuck there with that asshole at such a young and vulnerable age.  Maybe I'd be a successful engineer now instead of a government drone.

As for the old private school.  It's been reduced greatly in size.  Its campus has been sold off.  One of the old buildings, originally a hospital, is now offices and restaurants.  The building where Dipshit held class is now a Montessouri school.  Every sign of hell-on-earth is gone.  Last I heard, the principal teaches a dozen students at his house, and calls that his school, but still... good riddance.

Mind you, I don't waste my time thinking about this shit.  It's just that finding out that bit of info, serves as explanation, but I had to have a moment of renewed anger at how the situation could have so easily been avoided.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: blast from the past - new info on a bad teacher I hate, decades later
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:20:29 PM »
That teacher should not have been teaching anyone.

My daughter had a bad teacher when she was in second grade, too.  She put soap in her mouth and she put her hands around my daughter's neck and squeezed until my daughter couldn't breathe.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:46:26 AM »

My daughter had a bad teacher when she was in second grade, too.  She put soap in her mouth and she put her hands around my daughter's neck and squeezed until my daughter couldn't breathe.

W.T.F.?!?!?!  :o

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:06:46 AM »
One of my worst teachers died a couple of years ago.  :evillaugh:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

W.T.F.?!?!?!  :o

It gets worse.  This woman is still a teacher at the same school where she abused my daughter.  It was my daughter's word against the word of a special education teacher, and of course she denied doing any of it.  My daughter told me at school that "Mrs. C put her hands on my neck," and she had marks on her neck.  When we got home I had her show me with a rag doll how it happened and she demonstrated.  I went to school with her for the rest of the year after it happened and then we were able to get my daughter away from that school after the school year ended.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:44:25 PM »
Wow. How come you didn't take her out during the school year? Would the school not transfer your daughter? I heard you can't attend another school if you are already enrolled in the other so they have to transfer you.

Did you file a complaint against the school or take it to court?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 03:12:09 PM »
Wow. How come you didn't take her out during the school year? Would the school not transfer your daughter? I heard you can't attend another school if you are already enrolled in the other so they have to transfer you.

Did you file a complaint against the school or take it to court?

It was a few weeks away from the end of the year and the soonest meeting we could get with the people who needed to attend was after the school year ended.  I told the people in the meeting what had happened, but we did not go to court because it would have been my daughter's word against the teacher's word and my daughter would not have made a good witness since she is autistic and most people could not understand her speech at that age.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:14:14 PM by Callaway »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 03:16:55 PM »
It probably would have ended up on the news anyway in your area if you took further action. I wonder if people can request something to not go on the news. Like if they filed a lawsuit, can they say they do not want it to be reported on the news because they don't want the whole city to know their business.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
It probably would have ended up on the news anyway in your area if you took further action. I wonder if people can request something to not go on the news. Like if they filed a lawsuit, can they say they do not want it to be reported on the news because they don't want the whole city to know their business.
It would go on the news but her daughter would not be named. Still not very desirable.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 06:46:11 PM »
That 5 year old boy who was voted out of kindergarten, they said his name.  :o

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
That was cowardly.  :grrr:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
That 5 year old boy who was voted out of kindergarten, they said his name.  :o
Only because his parents decided to go public.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 01:11:39 AM »
...Anyway, somehow the topic of that old hellhole came up during my recent visit.  Turns out that teacher I had back then, who I hate even to this day, was some loser that none of the public schools would hire.  So, the principal of this private school decided to be nice and hire him.  Apparently he was putting this loser's best interests over those of his students.  For those of you who don't remember my bad-teacher rant, this is the asshole who gave me a math phobia.  Initially I liked math.  I even had my own scientific calculator at age seven.  I was aware of negative numbers before I was supposed to "learn" about them, and that annoyed this teacher.  So, the first time I had a bad day with the math, that was Mr. Loser's opportunity to make sure it was a REALLY bad day, and make me hate math.  The asshole enjoyed humiliating students in front of each other...

I wonder what Mr. Loser, the teacher who should not be teaching anyone anything, is doing now.  Hopefully not teaching anymore.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 07:38:46 AM »
...Anyway, somehow the topic of that old hellhole came up during my recent visit.  Turns out that teacher I had back then, who I hate even to this day, was some loser that none of the public schools would hire.  So, the principal of this private school decided to be nice and hire him.  Apparently he was putting this loser's best interests over those of his students.  For those of you who don't remember my bad-teacher rant, this is the asshole who gave me a math phobia.  Initially I liked math.  I even had my own scientific calculator at age seven.  I was aware of negative numbers before I was supposed to "learn" about them, and that annoyed this teacher.  So, the first time I had a bad day with the math, that was Mr. Loser's opportunity to make sure it was a REALLY bad day, and make me hate math.  The asshole enjoyed humiliating students in front of each other...

I wonder what Mr. Loser, the teacher who should not be teaching anyone anything, is doing now.  Hopefully not teaching anymore.
Not sure. If anything goes badly wrong in my life then I can become Mr Loser - and get away with it. No one wants to teach my subject in schools.

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 08:01:31 AM »
No-one wants to teach Mediaeval German and theoretical philosophy, well almost no-one.  :(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:03:59 AM by TheoK »