Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6788 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
Though I also mostly don't give a fuck about the NT infested piece-of-shit world outside my house or at least outside my village.
:minusevil: I disagree with the term NT infested TheoK. Through out my time in the military, college and the work force there have been non Autist people who have provided help and advice when I needed it just because it was their nature to do so. Danny Thomas is about as neurotypical as they come and he founded St. Jude's Childrens Hospital without the benefit of autism.   
The fact is that we should not have to go to them for advice - or need nice NT's to help us out. Society should not be structured in such a way that we are dependent on NT's to teach us how to play by their rules.

Reality check: the majority of people are neurotypical. Don't blame them for your shortcomings.

I think that is how we arrived at the definition of neurotypical, after defining the majority, first.  Unfortunately for the pursuit of the science involved, as I have mentioned recently, the vast margins surrounding the "mapped points"  may approach infinity. 
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »
We still have no reason to go to NTs for advice or anything. They should pay us compensation, IMHO, for bullying and shit that we have suffered and then leave us alone.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »
Depends what kind of advice. NT's have been very useful in giving me advice on how to manipulate other NT's.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 07:47:56 AM »
I suspect he's at a point in his own life where it's helping to not be enabled, to stop self-medicating, to get out of the house, and to accept the fact that he's depressed - and so he thinks it must apply to everyone.  :P
Not quite. Keep guessing though.

The reality's even uglier?  :ner:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »
I'm pretty good at manipulating NTs myself by now.

They call us predictable; if you once have learned the narrow-minded NT thinking, you can manipulate most of them easily. Their "social" lies, for instance, make them very easily manipulated. The fact that one "should" act in a certain way in a certain situation makes it easy to get them to act that way.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2008, 09:43:24 AM »
Though I also mostly don't give a fuck about the NT infested piece-of-shit world outside my house or at least outside my village.
:minusevil: I disagree with the term NT infested TheoK. Through out my time in the military, college and the work force there have been non Autist people who have provided help and advice when I needed it just because it was their nature to do so. Danny Thomas is about as neurotypical as they come and he founded St. Jude's Childrens Hospital without the benefit of autism.   
The fact is that we should not have to go to them for advice - or need nice NT's to help us out. Society should not be structured in such a way that we are dependent on NT's to teach us how to play by their rules.

Reality check: the majority of people are neurotypical. Don't blame them for your shortcomings.
I certainly can blame them for how they have defined their social structure and society - and then force it upon us.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2008, 02:20:53 PM »
We still have no reason to go to NTs for advice or anything. They should pay us compensation, IMHO, for bullying and shit that we have suffered and then leave us alone.

They do pay you--you live on disability, don't you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »

I certainly can blame them for how they have defined their social structure and society - and then force it upon us.

You can, but it will make you look silly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2008, 02:32:14 PM »

That's not what I call compensation. I should have the same per day as I have per month, which I would have had if I could work with something where I could you most of my potential.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »

That's not what I call compensation. I should have the same per day as I have per month, which I would have had if I could work with something where I could you most of my potential.

English teacher? :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

English teacher? :zoinks:

Maybe History :zoinks: :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »
Damned,  I don't misspell, but I mistype:-\

I've actually gotten a reward from the German consulate in Gothenburg for my German skills in elementary school. I was also "official" the best at history in my high school.  8)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »

Not at all - especially when we reform their society.

TheoK

« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

Not at all - especially when we reform their society.

:agreed:

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »
Damned,  I don't misspell, but I mistype:-\

I've actually gotten a reward from the German consulate in Gothenburg for my German skills in elementary school. I was also "official" the best at history in my high school.  8)
I got a few awards too at school - including most likely to a be a dictator :D