Educational

Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
Have you ever had clinical depression, Hadron? Getting out of bed is an effort. Eating is an effort. Dressing is an effort. Being bothered to do pretty much ANYTHING is an effort, never mind going for a run. When you're at the bottom of the spiral, finding the energy, motivation and willpower to exercise is likely to be beyond most people. On the road to recovery, exercise can help enormously - I know it benefited me. But when the walls close in, going to the gym is pretty unlikely to be top of your list of priorities, don't you think?.

QFT

ditto.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2008, 05:13:47 PM »
Have you ever had clinical depression, Hadron? Getting out of bed is an effort. Eating is an effort. Dressing is an effort. Being bothered to do pretty much ANYTHING is an effort, never mind going for a run. When you're at the bottom of the spiral, finding the energy, motivation and willpower to exercise is likely to be beyond most people. On the road to recovery, exercise can help enormously - I know it benefited me. But when the walls close in, going to the gym is pretty unlikely to be top of your list of priorities, don't you think?.

QFT

ditto.

Tretto!

What in the puking puckered pink Phuck was he talking about, anyway?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »
I suspect he's at a point in his own life where it's helping to not be enabled, to stop self-medicating, to get out of the house, and to accept the fact that he's depressed - and so he thinks it must apply to everyone.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »
You should stay in your house, be brave, hate NTs and the whole world, etc etc.  :zoinks:

TheoK

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2008, 06:49:42 PM »
if i live alone my drinking gets out of hand. and i'm too paranoid to open the door for anyone and start to imagine people breaking in. i guess i could try it again and go on disability if i move back to finland, which is a possibility now that mom wants to move there. but i really was doing badly there. living here with mom gives me some kind of a bubble away from my past problems. maybe that is enabling and maybe that is me being too dependent, but there are people who actually are dependent for a reason. i don't feel good about it. i just dunno what to do other than go on disability, which i admit maybe i should do. i'm just afraid of changes and living alone again and being dependent on the government. it's scary.

Finland is brave. Be sure to get a gun if you move there.  :)

P7PSP

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »
Though I also mostly don't give a fuck about the NT infested piece-of-shit world outside my house or at least outside my village.
:minusevil: I disagree with the term NT infested TheoK. Through out my time in the military, college and the work force there have been non Autist people who have provided help and advice when I needed it just because it was their nature to do so. Danny Thomas is about as neurotypical as they come and he founded St. Jude's Childrens Hospital without the benefit of autism.   

TheoK

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
There are a few good NTs, yes.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »
I suspect he's at a point in his own life where it's helping to not be enabled, to stop self-medicating, to get out of the house, and to accept the fact that he's depressed - and so he thinks it must apply to everyone.  :P

You know, you're probably right.

ToM is a bitch!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »
Really the important thing here is to start somewhere. Have you looked at the Open University for example?

i can't concentrate. i can't even read a book. i'm reading this dream book and i can barely do a page at a time even though it's really interesting. and that's something i picked for myself and read when i feel like it. i read bits and pieces. and it's a really short book. schools and deadlines don't work for me. i spent like 4 years in high school learning nothing until i dropped out. i'm not smart like you and driven as pure snow. :P or maybe i just can't do it alone. but i have no friends to do stuff with and without friends i don't really exist. and i can't get friends because they don't deserve a shit like me. i already feel bad about my online friends.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

TheoK

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »
Little Milla.  :-\

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »
Not quite. Keep guessing though.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »
Though I also mostly don't give a fuck about the NT infested piece-of-shit world outside my house or at least outside my village.
:minusevil: I disagree with the term NT infested TheoK. Through out my time in the military, college and the work force there have been non Autist people who have provided help and advice when I needed it just because it was their nature to do so. Danny Thomas is about as neurotypical as they come and he founded St. Jude's Childrens Hospital without the benefit of autism.   
The fact is that we should not have to go to them for advice - or need nice NT's to help us out. Society should not be structured in such a way that we are dependent on NT's to teach us how to play by their rules.

TheoK

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »
Down with the NTs!  :arrr:

P7PSP

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
The fact is that we should not have to go to them for advice - or need nice NT's to help us out. Society should not be structured in such a way that we are dependent on NT's to teach us how to play by their rules.
The world is what it is and mentoring happens with non As people as well. You can choose to bang your head on the wall or deal with the way things are. If you choose to only learn from people on the spectrum that will limit your options to a significant extent.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2008, 08:31:31 PM »
Really the important thing here is to start somewhere. Have you looked at the Open University for example?

i can't concentrate. i can't even read a book. i'm reading this dream book and i can barely do a page at a time even though it's really interesting. and that's something i picked for myself and read when i feel like it.
Maybe you could go for an audio book or something - I find them easier when I can't concentrate on stuff.
i read bits and pieces. and it's a really short book. schools and deadlines don't work for me.
Deadlines never really work for me either - but I normally find some way of getting around them. Like requesting an extension.
i spent like 4 years in high school learning nothing until i dropped out. i'm not smart like you and driven as pure snow. :P
I tend to take easy courses and avoid working a lot. Tbh I havent even gone to the majority of my lectures this term.
or maybe i just can't do it alone.
The amount of help you can have access to at a university is amazing, if I had needed to I could have had a salarised employee as a minder for my whole time. Seriously. But as I like my independence and can do without I haven't got one. You can get pretty much all the help you need if you apply for it.
but i have no friends to do stuff with and without friends i don't really exist. and i can't get friends because they don't deserve a shit like me. i already feel bad about my online friends.
My depressed friend says this quite often. It really is a classic sign of depression. Seriously Milla, get your mum to take you to the doctor and tell them all this. Write down everything about how you feel, live your life and so on and get an appointment. There is nothing wrong with asking for help.