Author Topic: Sarah Palin  (Read 5995 times)

TheoK

Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2009, 06:44:24 PM »
She's brave. Why did you chose that fake negro?

Offline Averick

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2009, 08:28:05 PM »
Sarah Palin is an ideal model of what someone can do when they like to get on their knees for america.  Fuckin nutjobs.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2011, 11:47:47 AM »
This seems like a good thread to resurrect in advance of this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/18/frank-bailey-sarah-palin-blind-allegiance-book-_n_850387.html

I think this guy is going to try and paint her as some sort of devious, genius, political mastermind.   :screwy:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2011, 11:52:04 AM »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »

She's brave.

She's retarded.

Last year I didn't think the Republicans could produce anyone more retarded who could do a worse job of running than her, but they dug deep and found The Donald  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »

She's brave.

She's retarded.

Which politicians aren't? And she's a pro-gunner at least. You won't find any pro-gunner in Sweden or most of Europe who will ever come close to any government or parliament.

eris

« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »
I think it is really scary that it seems to be either Donald Trump or Sarah Palin for president.

scares me to death actually

but, no matter what I want or what i think or whatever, Obama is NOT getting re-elected.

He just wont be. I know it.

Prepare for the worst, guys ;-/

midlifeaspie

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »
I think it is really scary that it seems to be either Donald Trump or Sarah Palin for president.

scares me to death actually

but, no matter what I want or what i think or whatever, Obama is NOT getting re-elected.

He just wont be. I know it.

Prepare for the worst, guys ;-/

I would take money on that bet.  Any day, any amount  :orly:

eris

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
you think he will be re-elected ?

I doubt it.

People seem really disappointed, and he isnt going to bring poor people to the table like he did last time. I also dont think that he'll get the black vote for just being black.

It think it was a fluke. Really, he wont be re-elected.

Im not saying I dont want him to be, and i certainly dont like the republicans. I dont like any of the motherfuckers actually, i think we should start from scratch. It's just from what I see and what I read ? He aint coming back

midlifeaspie

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »
you think he will be re-elected ?

I doubt it.

People seem really disappointed, and he isnt going to bring poor people to the table like he did last time. I also dont think that he'll get the black vote for just being black.

It think it was a fluke. Really, he wont be re-elected.

Im not saying I dont want him to be, and i certainly dont like the republicans. I dont like any of the motherfuckers actually, i think we should start from scratch. It's just from what I see and what I read ? He aint coming back

The statistics don't lie and they give him a very strong showing.  His current polling is 5-16 points ahead of any of the leading Republican contenders right now.  The longer the absence of Republican front-runner continues the better his position will get.  It is almost unprecedented for a sitting president to lose an election when his approval rating sits above 45% before the campaigning begins.  He is sitting at 47% with an economy just beginning to turn around.

Let's look at his opponents.  The tea party faction is going to make it very hard for any moderate or reasonable Republican candidate to win the primary as they will be very active in promoting their candidates.  These will be Palin, Bachman and/or Trump.  None of these people can win a general election as their disapproval ratings are above 50% before the campaign even begins.  As the Republican candidates for the primary begin running against each other they will drag out every nasty piece of dirt on each other they can and their disapproval ratings will only go up.  This will either drive the reasonable Republican candidates to take hard-right positions that will hurt them in the general election (see John McCain), or they will actually wind up nominating one of the nut-jobs who can never win.

Regardless of how the primary season turns out, at least one of these loonies is going to mount an independent bid - likely someone with the money to do so - likely The Donald.  If this happens the conservative vote is split even more.  If several of them run it gets even worse.  The Democrats (who are still the larger party) have an 87% approval of Obama while the Republicans can barely muster 60% on any of their candidates.  The independents (who always cast the deciding votes) disapprove of the tea party Republicans anywhere from 50% - 85%.

I would be very surprised, in the absence of a game changing moment, if Obama didn't actually win bigger this time than he did last time.

eris

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
The tea party is going to guarantee Palin. That's obvious. But I just think that there are too many people that WERE his supporters, and arent now

i remember he won all kinds of ridiculous states, like georgia.

I dont think that is going to happen again. That was young people trying to believe in something. I dont think they believe in it anymore :(

midlifeaspie

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
That was young people trying to believe in something. I dont think they believe in it anymore :(

I agree.  Nobody is more disappointed in Obama than I am.  If he had a credible candidate running against him I would agree that his chances are shot.  Fortunately for a Democrat like myself, the other party has absolutely nothing to go with that isn't a joke, or massively flawed.  I think Obama will slide easily into another 4 year term and I hope like hell that once faced with 4 years during which he doesn't have to worry about re-election he finally starts behaving like he promised he would during the campaign.  If not I can start getting excited about the idea of Weiner in 2016  :viking:

Only time will tell of course.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
Fucking republicans  ::)

and I mean that as a complaint, not a hobby

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

as a side note , who would actually do that? aside from Hillary Clinton of course.

Republicans all seem to be so fugly.  :zombiefuck:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2011, 04:31:07 PM »

as a side note , who would actually do that? aside from Hillary Clinton of course.

Republicans all seem to be so fugly.  :zombiefuck:

I don't understand the Clinton reference.  Did she once fuck a Republican?