Author Topic: The Pea & Freund  (Read 6488 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: The Pea & Freund
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »
Wouldn't it have been funnier to come up with something original, Hadron? Picking Cho now that P's using Freund is fairly unimaginative.

oh, is he some sort of murdery bloke, then?  i just liked the name.   :-\
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho
He did the shooting in Virginia Tech and was speculated to be autistic.

I like tis photo better that's the same hammer I use at work

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
Wouldn't it have been funnier to come up with something original, Hadron? Picking Cho now that P's using Freund is fairly unimaginative.

Nice one :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »

Nice one :)
:plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 07:57:53 PM »
Anybody else care to emulate any murderers and killers today?

Not really, I am only doing it as a protest at the way some members are throwing their toys at the pram over P's latest incarnation. It wasnt intended to be too humorous...

There's a reason some things should remain taboo. You want to make light of people having been murdered, and the pain that men like Freund and Cho had gone through to bring them to such a state of psychotic rage that they honestly thought killing people would be a good way to go, you go right ahead.

But don't expect me to laugh. And don't expect me NOT to "whine" as you call it. One of the few times in I2's history that a thread actually talks about something serious and instead you gotta call it "whining". That's just fucked up.  :grrr:

Enjoy your avatars and your new names. But don't pretend you aren't being insensitive pricks, claiming the world just needs to lighten up or learn how to take a joke.

Here's a good guide in future to how to behave with such topics:
If it's something you wouldn't do or say to a family member of one of the victims, then it's not okay to do it or say it anywhere else. And if you do it or say it anywhere else in spite of this, then you're just being a two-faced hypocritical git.
Flibbit.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »

Edmund Kemper III is my favourite serial killer.
He had a beautiful sense of humour, especially when dealing with psychologists.
eg. "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right. [And the other part of me thinks] what her head would look like on a stick"
This quote is often mis-attributed to Ed Gein.
I got this information from Wiki  - although I have read some literature attributed to him. I think there should be more. I find him vastly more interesting than Gein.
batcat

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 03:07:28 AM »

Not really, I am only doing it as a protest at the way some members are throwing their toys at the pram over P's latest incarnation. It wasnt intended to be too humorous...

There's a reason some things should remain taboo. You want to make light of people having been murdered, and the pain that men like Freund and Cho had gone through to bring them to such a state of psychotic rage that they honestly thought killing people would be a good way to go, you go right ahead.
Comedians have made light of far far worse people. *cue the Manson jokes*
But don't expect me to laugh. And don't expect me NOT to "whine" as you call it. One of the few times in I2's history that a thread actually talks about something serious and instead you gotta call it "whining". That's just fucked up.  :grrr:
Lighten up. Asides, having not been here for a whole year at least, how can you imply we haven't had lots of serious discussions before. Look around before you comment.
Enjoy your avatars and your new names. But don't pretend you aren't being insensitive pricks, claiming the world just needs to lighten up or learn how to take a joke.

Here's a good guide in future to how to behave with such topics:
If it's something you wouldn't do or say to a family member of one of the victims, then it's not okay to do it or say it anywhere else. And if you do it or say it anywhere else in spite of this, then you're just being a two-faced hypocritical git.
Nah, its called playing the social game. Remember all jokes have their butts.

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 09:22:59 AM »

eg. "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part of me wants to take her out and talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right. [And the other part of me thinks] what her head would look like on a stick"
I got this information from Wiki  - although I have read some literature attributed to him. I think there should be more. I find him vastly more interesting than Gein.

Strange that would be attributed to Gein sometimes; I can't ever imagine him having said something like that.

Quote from: Cho

Oh well, I keep forgetting that if lots of people do something then it's okay.

***jumps off cliff with the rest of the lemmings***
Flibbit.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »

Strange that would be attributed to Gein sometimes; I can't ever imagine him having said something like that.

I suppose you would love to roll back 50 years to good old God Save the Queen crap and anything against religion or the national ideal being strictly verboten. Because that is what comedians have helped to break.

And yes, you do need to lighten up. Or go and live in mother Russia,

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »

I suppose you would love to roll back 50 years to good old God Save the Queen crap and anything against religion or the national ideal being strictly verboten. Because that is what comedians have helped to break.

No, I'm conservative in some areas, liberal in others. And America's just as much a dictatorship as Russia thank you, so I reckon I may as well stay here.

Laughing to ease the pain, to break social boundaries which are so constrictive that people end up choking even if they smile, that's one thing.

But there is no "light side" to pure suffering and unnecessary suffering at that. That's just sadism. You wish to place this under the guise of "comedy" or some Free Speech type of bullshit, have at it; nothing I say or do can obviously do a damn thing to convince you other wise. But don't expect me to sit by and just laaaaaaaaaugh. This isn't the fucking Three Stooges or Looney Tunes where somebody gets hit and just jumps right back up as though nothing happened. People died. And I have better things to laugh at than this.
Flibbit.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »
Freund is a legend and will be remembered for doing a banging job of cleansing the genepool (of himself).
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »
I agree Freund is probably the tackiest avatar Pea has had yet, but putting up too much of a stink on here is bound to get you trolled- and that's exactly what Pea was after.  He was grasping about for a shockjock trick that was likely to get even the usually-jaded (at this point) population of IntensitySquared all het up.  Worked quite well.   :thumbup:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »

No, I'm conservative in some areas, liberal in others. And America's just as much a dictatorship as Russia thank you, so I reckon I may as well stay here.
I wonder where this mix of policies comes from. Lets guess your political views take the line of being harsh on everyone else whilst being soft on yourself. Your being self-centric here, and of course what you want I suspect would be utterly unworkable.

Russia is far more autocratic than the US, ask any political commentator. Of course, that in effect means Russia is rather more dictatorial too.
Laughing to ease the pain, to break social boundaries which are so constrictive that people end up choking even if they smile, that's one thing.
Oh, so we should have social boundaries, but ones that just suit yourself. If thats your attitude, I am sure there is a nice empty cave somewhere for you to live in and go and have your own code of social boundaries.

The reality is that social boundaries harm us collectively as a whole, and should be gotten rid of in near entirety. What you are failing to recognize is how social boundaries affect different people depending on which boundary, and are only picking out the ones that harm you...
But there is no "light side" to pure suffering and unnecessary suffering at that. That's just sadism. You wish to place this under the guise of "comedy" or some Free Speech type of bullshit, have at it; nothing I say or do can obviously do a damn thing to convince you other wise. But don't expect me to sit by and just laaaaaaaaaugh. This isn't the fucking Three Stooges or Looney Tunes where somebody gets hit and just jumps right back up as though nothing happened. People died. And I have better things to laugh at than this.
Once you bar one thing for being tasteless, its a slippery slope. And yes, there are those who would argue for the abolition of Looney Tunes for inciting violence, with very similar arguments to yourself.

thepeaguy

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »
Freund is a legend and will be remembered for doing a banging job of cleansing the genepool (of himself).

Nice one.

:plus:

thepeaguy

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 11:48:25 AM »
I agree Freund is probably the tackiest avatar Pea has had yet, but putting up too much of a stink on here is bound to get you trolled- and that's exactly what Pea was after.  He was grasping about for a shockjock trick that was likely to get even the usually-jaded (at this point) population of IntensitySquared all het up.  Worked quite well.   :thumbup:

*cough*

TheoK

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 11:50:41 AM »
I envy Freund. He was a real man. 8)