Author Topic: Poll: Should Phuc You be kicked off the site?  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Poll: Should Phuc You be kicked off the site?
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2008, 01:12:56 AM »
Callaway certainly did. I believe she even stated her intent.

That's not to say Hiro didn't have a choice about leaving. He did. But people here do attempt to drive away other people here, and sometimes they manage it. That's part of the whole "Intensity" thing, IMO.

Driving John Cooper off the site was not my intention when I called him out, even though he did leave.  I wanted him to admit what he did and to stop stalking people from here.

If he did not stop stalking people, I also thought that other members should be warned about the monster lurking behind the mask so he would not have the opportunity to victimize more people.

At the time, I did not know that he had been able to track down your IRL address and phone number and had already tried to intimidate you with it, so you were actually one of the members I wanted to warn, which is funny in retrospect.  I did not realize then that you actually like to go for messed up older guys.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2008, 04:33:51 AM »
Had the guy actually tried to do anything, all that needed doing was for the intended 'victim' to be waiting with a cricket bat and go WHAM! when he came to the door. Anything that happens inside the fence boundaries is private property, and can be considered self defence. Still, as far as I'm concerned, I'd flip off anyone who made an internet threat because it's all pretentious wanking.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »
Driving John Cooper off the site was not my intention when I called him out, even though he did leave.  I wanted him to admit what he did and to stop stalking people from here.

Ah, okay.

I did not realize then that you actually like to go for messed up older guys.

:laugh: Nor did I. I still haven't quite figured it out, except that I seem to be able to communicate well with them, I have sympathy when I see them getting backed into a corner, and I like their worldview.

John Cooper was a bit too far, though. I wouldn't have agreed to meet him without spending a heck of a lot more time getting to know him online first.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »
Yeah, I think the difference in question is between being "driven off" because you can't stand to listen to somebody else's words, and being "kicked off" aka banned. The first allows free speech, the second prevents it.

Which, interestingly enough, is the same pattern that real school cliques use to control their social environment. How many people have been hounded by a clique at some point as kids, only to throw the first punch out of sheer frustration, and then gotten into trouble with adult authority figures because of it? A ban's basically the same thing, so it makes sense that people get freaked over the possibility.

I'm not sure I'm following you here. Here it's not possible to stop someone from voicing an opinion, no matter what it is, which means that if enough people agree on whatever it is that is said, the target could easily tire of listening to it and leave, causing accusations of him being driven off.

A ban on those grounds, however, is not possible here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »
True, there are plenty of people who just get bored. I wouldn't call that driven off. That's a different category. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought everybody who left was either "driven off" or "kicked off" - just some of them.

"Kicked off" are only those that actually tried to harm this site.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
:laugh: Nor did I. I still haven't quite figured it out, except that I seem to be able to communicate well with them, I have sympathy when I see them getting backed into a corner, and I like their worldview.

John Cooper was a bit too far, though. I wouldn't have agreed to meet him without spending a heck of a lot more time getting to know him online first.

You actually wanted to meet that scumbag? :o

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »
What can I say? I was curious. But no, I did not want to meet him there and then. I knew that would be stupid. That was why I didn't actually arrange a meeting even though he was living only a couple of hours from me.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2008, 10:39:36 PM »
What can I say? I was curious. But no, I did not want to meet him there and then. I knew that would be stupid. That was why I didn't actually arrange a meeting even though he was living only a couple of hours from me.

I'm glad that you knew that it would have been stupid.

I have a strong feeling that you would have regretted it had you gone through with meeting John Cooper.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2008, 10:49:43 PM »
Yeah, don't worry, I'm capable of keeping my insanity mostly under control.  :P

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
I won't worry.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
I'm glad you didn't. I agree with Callaway, you'd probably have regretted it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
Why? Do you think he'd have tried to rape me on the first meeting or something?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
No, I don't think anything, but I suspect you'd have reason to regret it, in one way or another.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
Who is this John Cooper?

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
A half-insane dick who stalked some women on here a couple years ago.