Educational

Author Topic: Poll: Should Phuc You be kicked off the site?  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Poll: Should Phuc You be kicked off the site?
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2008, 03:49:22 AM »
Yeah, not really gonna happen eh.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2008, 05:24:15 AM »
Too fucking small! I'd swallow it!  :hahaha:

Oh, it only LOOKS small ...  uhm, because .. uh, I'm so uhm, errr ... far away, that's it! Yeah, I'm err ... far away.

:plus:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
Back to the subject at hand; Phuc Yu, Depressed Mode, Ziyaret, Scrotum-ret, and any other fuking nick he goes under has been kicked off every other forum including WP and AFF for whatever fucking reason. So if he got kicked from here, where there virtually are no rules, it would show what a real LOSER he is.  :indeed:

But he's NOT going to be kicked off this place.

And that's practically a rule, and I just made it up.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2008, 05:21:20 PM »
Considering the type of members we've driven off (Happeh, Post Person, Calandale, etc.)  Phuc Yu is nowhere near that level.  Plus he's shown the ability to take what comes his way.

This poll is meaningless, except  as an expression of free speech by one member about another!   8)

:headbang2:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
I was nearly driven off this site last year. I'm glad I didn't or it would have made me a coward.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
As I recall, Ozy's been nearly driven off, too.  :P And Lucifer keeps coming and going.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2008, 02:33:16 AM »
All hail free speech.... :respect: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Wrongplanet:  :squit:  and can kiss my :booty::wanker:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
Some people choose to leave while others choose to stay. They have very different motives for doing either. We do not drive people off this place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »
Callaway certainly did. I believe she even stated her intent.

That's not to say Hiro didn't have a choice about leaving. He did. But people here do attempt to drive away other people here, and sometimes they manage it. That's part of the whole "Intensity" thing, IMO.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
Yes, individual people will always attempt to drive others off this site. Some with good reason to do so, others will, well, less than good reasons. But as you point out yourself, it's part of this place, too. It's certainly part of free speech.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2008, 05:13:08 PM »
Yeah, I think the difference in question is between being "driven off" because you can't stand to listen to somebody else's words, and being "kicked off" aka banned. The first allows free speech, the second prevents it.

Which, interestingly enough, is the same pattern that real school cliques use to control their social environment. How many people have been hounded by a clique at some point as kids, only to throw the first punch out of sheer frustration, and then gotten into trouble with adult authority figures because of it? A ban's basically the same thing, so it makes sense that people get freaked over the possibility.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
What about people who leave because they were tired of this place, bored? Is that being driven off?

My definition of being driven off is you don't like what you see here, you don't like the people or how they act, you didn't like how you got treated, etc. so you leave.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 07:44:52 PM by Spokane Girl »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2008, 07:43:42 PM »
True, there are plenty of people who just get bored. I wouldn't call that driven off. That's a different category. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought everybody who left was either "driven off" or "kicked off" - just some of them.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
True, there are plenty of people who just get bored. I wouldn't call that driven off. That's a different category. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought everybody who left was either "driven off" or "kicked off" - just some of them.

Those could be considered the cyclic people. They post awhile then get bored of it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »

Those could be considered the cyclic people. They post awhile then get bored of it

Some people might have other things to do, while others might have spent too much time on the net, and therefore became addicted. I post now and then when I see something interesting, but I can see why people might either drop out or not comment for awhile if they have something else to do. It all comes down to what mood you're in.

BTW Scrotoret, still getting off on copping a pasting for posting pictures of you willy on WP? MrMark and Alex enjoyed them though, even if Quatermass didn't. Maybe he was jealous.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:19:31 PM by The_Chosen_One »