Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 125496 times)

Binty

Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #10050 on: April 09, 2011, 01:10:15 PM »
Content and drowsy.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10051 on: April 09, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Content and drowsy.

I just took a nap! Spring afternoons are good for that.   :zzz:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10052 on: April 09, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »
Emotional. Just got off the phone with my Mum. Gram was rushed back to the hospital. She had been in for 2 days because her blood was to thin. They treated her and sent her back to the nursing home. 15 hours later she was rushed back. Congestive heart failure and fluid in the lungs. I hate this for her. She's 94, she's lived a good long life, and I hate how confused she gets when she's out of her regular environment and I'm too far away to be with her.  :(

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10053 on: April 09, 2011, 01:23:12 PM »
I'm sorry cg. I hope she's alright. Will you be able to see her any time soon

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10054 on: April 09, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
I don't think so. I just came back from seeing her 2 weeks ago when I went to take care of my Aunt after her mastectomy. If things don't improve, or get worse, I might be able to swing a weekend but that involves asking the ex, getting his whole family involved with child care and such and the kids find it hard to be away from me right now. But Aunt #1 flew in from another province to take care of the Aunt #2 who had the surgery and she leaves on Wednesday. Aunt #2 isn't well enough to be on her own yet, can't drive, tires easily etc and is waiting to hear back from the cancer clinic about course of treatment. She's my Mum's sister and Gram is their Mum. So the only person who can step in right now is me but I'm feeling torn in so many directions. :( I haven't had time to process it all yet. My head is swimming. Hate that feeling.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10055 on: April 09, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
I don't think so. I just came back from seeing her 2 weeks ago when I went to take care of my Aunt after her mastectomy. If things don't improve, or get worse, I might be able to swing a weekend but that involves asking the ex, getting his whole family involved with child care and such and the kids find it hard to be away from me right now. But Aunt #1 flew in from another province to take care of the Aunt #2 who had the surgery and she leaves on Wednesday. Aunt #2 isn't well enough to be on her own yet, can't drive, tires easily etc and is waiting to hear back from the cancer clinic about course of treatment. She's my Mum's sister and Gram is their Mum. So the only person who can step in right now is me but I'm feeling torn in so many directions. :( I haven't had time to process it all yet. My head is swimming. Hate that feeling.

I think your Aunt will understand that you care about her, but can't be everywhere at once.  :hug:

People forget.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10056 on: April 09, 2011, 01:34:45 PM »

I think your Aunt will understand that you care about her, but can't be everywhere at once.  :hug:
I know. But she's like a Mum to me and there's no one else to step in right now.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10057 on: April 09, 2011, 01:36:30 PM »

I know. But she's like a Mum to me and there's no one else to step in right now.

Well, you have till next Wednesday, maybe you'll figure something out. Let your head float instead of swimming, if that makes any sense.  :)

People forget.

P7PSP

« Reply #10058 on: April 09, 2011, 01:38:41 PM »
Emotional. Just got off the phone with my Mum. Gram was rushed back to the hospital. She had been in for 2 days because her blood was to thin. They treated her and sent her back to the nursing home. 15 hours later she was rushed back. Congestive heart failure and fluid in the lungs. I hate this for her. She's 94, she's lived a good long life, and I hate how confused she gets when she's out of her regular environment and I'm too far away to be with her.  :(
Sounds like you need to get ready to travel. :hug:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #10059 on: April 09, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

Well, you have till next Wednesday, maybe you'll figure something out. Let your head float instead of swimming, if that makes any sense.  :)
That's true. Makes perfect sense to me.

Emotional. Just got off the phone with my Mum. Gram was rushed back to the hospital. She had been in for 2 days because her blood was to thin. They treated her and sent her back to the nursing home. 15 hours later she was rushed back. Congestive heart failure and fluid in the lungs. I hate this for her. She's 94, she's lived a good long life, and I hate how confused she gets when she's out of her regular environment and I'm too far away to be with her.  :(
Sounds like you need to get ready to travel. :hug:
I know. Hard to figure out because she keeps pulling through and even though she's 94, I'm not ready to let her go yet. Really struggling with that. I talked about my 6 in the aspie thread. She's one of them. My relationship with her is what keeps me grounded. God, this is hard.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #10060 on: April 09, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
i am feeling  :vibe:
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10061 on: April 09, 2011, 02:14:39 PM »

Blue? Awww, have some  :chocolate:  and feel better!

People forget.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #10062 on: April 09, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

Blue? Awww, have some  :chocolate:  and feel better!

lol  i love blue
blah blah blah

P7PSP

« Reply #10063 on: April 09, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10064 on: April 09, 2011, 02:20:12 PM »
Vibrant?  :zoinks:

Also an excellent guess! See how we are keeping this thread appropriate for the whole family?  :angel:

People forget.