Educational

Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124846 times)

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #5640 on: June 24, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
no, i need beer!
Don't we all?

YES!

Well, no.

I have been off of alcohol since I began preparing for oral surgery, late in January this year, to remove the Wisdom Tooth growth plates from my lower jaw. I think I have posted that I had my wisdom teeth all removed when I was eighteen, then again when I was in my late twenties. I had the lowers removed again about four years ago, but again they grew back. Now, I have had the bones scraped clean and hopefully they will not grow back, again.

I have been sober for about five months, now.

The really weird thing that has happened recently, I took a drink of my coffee at work and tasted brandy, and had a moment when I wondered if I had made a mistake and made my "time off coffee" which normally included a few spoonfuls of brandy.

I actually tasted brandy in my virgin coffee. I do not know why. After about four more sips, I was convinced that I had not made that mistake, but the sensation is probably a neural message. I am just not sure what the message means.

it means you want brandy.

wtf do you have to off booze for? i'd fucking jam it in my throat via a tube if the mouth is a problem. you could get a button.
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5641 on: June 24, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »
i actually was 2 weeks sober and thought i'd solved my alcohol problem. but i can't stay away. :laugh:

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5642 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
i feel tired and cold and hurting oww

Take it easy today then. :hug:

come and take care.

I would if I could, but I'm way over here in the US. :-\

aww, where exactly? :eyebrows:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5643 on: June 24, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
Feeling sleepy and giving in to that.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5644 on: June 24, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »
Ik ben ook te ver weg, anders haalde ik die boodschappen voor je.

dat is jammer, mi amigo.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5645 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
no, i need beer!
Don't we all?

YES!

Well, no.

I have been off of alcohol since I began preparing for oral surgery, late in January this year, to remove the Wisdom Tooth growth plates from my lower jaw. I think I have posted that I had my wisdom teeth all removed when I was eighteen, then again when I was in my late twenties. I had the lowers removed again about four years ago, but again they grew back. Now, I have had the bones scraped clean and hopefully they will not grow back, again.

I have been sober for about five months, now.

The really weird thing that has happened recently, I took a drink of my coffee at work and tasted brandy, and had a moment when I wondered if I had made a mistake and made my "time off coffee" which normally included a few spoonfuls of brandy.

I actually tasted brandy in my virgin coffee. I do not know why. After about four more sips, I was convinced that I had not made that mistake, but the sensation is probably a neural message. I am just not sure what the message means.

it means you want brandy.

wtf do you have to off booze for? i'd fucking jam it in my throat via a tube if the mouth is a problem. you could get a button.

It is not that I want to be OFF or anything as torturous. It is just simply that I needed to lay off stuff for the surgery in order to promote a healthy and short healing process.

I have not wanted anything to drink at all since getting totally sober, but you may be right about my wanting brandy.  That is the only explanation that made sense to me. I have some.  I might try some on my next day off, if this "phantom olfactory memory thing" continues.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5646 on: June 24, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
you have some? how can you resist?

i also thought i wanted to be sober. but one beer and i was hooked. you forget sober how much you love alcohol.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5647 on: June 24, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »
you have some? how can you resist?

i also thought i wanted to be sober. but one beer and i was hooked. you forget sober how much you love alcohol.

There is nothing to resist. I have had no desire to drink from any of the twenty or so bottles I keep in my adequately stocked liquor cabinet.

It is only in the past few days that this has come up. It has been mostly a curiosity. I know I have plenty to drink if the desire was there, but except for this "Phantom Thing,"  I have not had any desire.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5648 on: June 24, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »
i never managed to start a liquor cabinet.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5649 on: June 24, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »
i never managed to start a liquor cabinet.

I started one in my twenties, but it has gone dry a number of times, too many to count.
 :violin:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5650 on: June 24, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
A bit tired and discouraged that I can't seem to get me cleaning mojo back.  I'll find it though.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5651 on: June 24, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
i'd probably burn through it in a week. :laugh: if i had the money i would try. i'd get kahlua, pisang ambon, brandy, grey goose, rot gut rum, smirnoff ice :P and vermouth!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5652 on: June 25, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »
i'd probably burn through it in a week. :laugh: if i had the money i would try. i'd get kahlua, pisang ambon, brandy, grey goose, rot gut rum, smirnoff ice :P and vermouth!

That is a pretty good start, but you must also keep "specials" in addition to an ample supply of staples.

I recommend quadrupling that selection.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5653 on: June 25, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »
Don't forget Laphroig.  :scotch:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5654 on: June 25, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
what "specials"?