Author Topic: How are you feeling right now?  (Read 124104 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: How are you feeling right now?
« Reply #5490 on: June 12, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
I need to find a way to inspire her
Helmet, elbow and knee pads. Build a ramp with her.

All that shit:

CHECK!

What else ya got?

Why does she give up? Any idea?

Any chance she would keep on trying if absolutely no-one (not even you) saw her? Like in the seclusion of a garden, with a tree to help her support her bike when she climbs up?
I know someone who learned it that way.

This is an issue, right now.

I ran nine times down the alley and back then four times around the block (I am really way too old to run a mile or two with my daughter, see?  I did so anyway and ended up singing the "Element Song" and  various pther insane shit - I "hurt"  myself,  'Kay??"     ... and don not fucking twll me to calm down.   I will;l NEVER calm down!!!!!1,        ...         ... once I do then find a decent handful of dirt to throw on the box I am in. I will not throw one back on that day) 

The main point is that I did what I could to "force"  her to to swim, no I mean ride a bike.

Swimming is another issue.

We'll tuk!

For now I feel like a failure. I can only run a mile or two, before I have to give up.  I can still punch my bag rof two or three hours, but I can not run as well.

I am a "sprinter,"  these days.

i hate my self   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:00:02 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5491 on: June 13, 2010, 03:53:46 AM »
i feel fucking great - tortoise is back safe and well and the fotball is on later

Awww  :heart: TORTOISE :heart:! I thought the poor dear was gone for good. This makes me happy!  :asthing:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5492 on: June 13, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »

I do not want to to be the lazy-assed dad who buys his daughter the fanciest bicycle in the store and fails to teach her how to ride it. I have seen this kind of horror in parenting. "Just buy them everything and turn your back!"
I do not want to look back and feel that I am one of those parents.

She is ready to learn to ride, all her "friends"  can ride,  but she does not want to put in the time to learn how to ride her bike.  She is so frustrated with herself, when she falls down, that she gives up and will not try again for days!!

I need to find a way to inspire her far beyond the pain she suffers from falling down and scraping up her body.

My oldest finally (years after her peers) learned the technical bits on a bit hilly playfield with grass. Me running next to her. First keeping her bicycle stable, and slowly letting go more and more. But, even after she had the technical skills, it took her about 5 years after that to be so confident that she started to like it, and chose to go to primaryschool on her bike in stead of walking now and then. She still is not safe in bigger traffic situations on her bike.

There is a lot you can do as a parent. But you can't get a child there if she is not ready for it yet.

I myself got only really confident on a bicycle in traffic after my teenage years.

I've become less confident on a bicycle since my teenage years.  I used to cycle 15km each way to commute to university, passing through the centre of Glasgow and very heavy rush-hour traffic, but I've had too many close calls with buses, trucks, wet, slippery roads, potholes and sudden mechanical failures, and I don't feel safe on a bicycle these days.  I also got fed up of sucking in the diesel exhaust from buses and taxis.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5493 on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
Like there just has been a HUGE storm in my head and house.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #5494 on: June 13, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
UGH! Just a couple of weeks left till the whole work is finished. Its causing enough stress tbh.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5495 on: June 13, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
obsessive compulsive

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5496 on: June 13, 2010, 08:43:31 AM »
Itchy :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5497 on: June 13, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
Worn out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5498 on: June 13, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
a bit shit tbh

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5499 on: June 13, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

I do not want to to be the lazy-assed dad who buys his daughter the fanciest bicycle in the store and fails to teach her how to ride it. I have seen this kind of horror in parenting. "Just buy them everything and turn your back!"

She is ready to learn to ride, all her "friends"  can ride,  but she does not want to put in the time to learn how to ride her bike.  She is so frustrated with herself, when she falls down, that she gives up and will not try again for days!!

I need to find a way to inspire her far beyond the pain she suffers from falling down and scraping up her body.

My oldest finally (years after her peers) learned the technical bits on a bit hilly playfield with grass. Me running next to her. First keeping her bicycle stable, and slowly letting go more and more. But, even after she had the technical skills, it took her about 5 years after that to be so confident that she started to like it, and chose to go to primaryschool on her bike in stead of walking now and then. She still is not safe in bigger traffic situations on her bike.

There is a lot you can do as a parent. But you can't get a child there if she is not ready for it yet.

I myself got only really confident on a bicycle in traffic after my teenage years.

I've become less confident on a bicycle since my teenage years.  I used to cycle 15km each way to commute to university, passing through the centre of Glasgow and very heavy rush-hour traffic, but I've had too many close calls with buses, trucks, wet, slippery roads, potholes and sudden mechanical failures, and I don't feel safe on a bicycle these days.  I also got fed up of sucking in the diesel exhaust from buses and taxis.

I agree. It would really suck to live anywhere near such a massive conglomeration of non-viable population.  I feel for you in this.

Thank fuck-in-a-bucket that I live in a more remote, country area.  I hate the fact that my street has become a ratrun, but there is peace at times, still. I would not want to huff diesel fumes while riding.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #5500 on: June 13, 2010, 02:53:57 PM »

I agree. It would really suck to live anywhere near such a massive conglomeration of non-viable population.  I feel for you in this.

Thank fuck-in-a-bucket that I live in a more remote, country area.  I hate the fact that my street has become a ratrun, but there is peace at times, still. I would not want to huff diesel fumes while riding.

Our street has become a rat-run too, for people cutting past a couple of roundabouts, and the whole house shakes from the traffic rumbling by at times.  Even in the middle of the night, there's a car going past every 20 seconds or so, and we get some heavy vehicles during the day, despite being on a residential street that really shouldn't have that kind of traffic.  It's saving grace is that the shops, train station, bus stop, library and other amenities are a 5 minute walk away, and it's just 30 minutes by train or 45 minutes per bus + time spent at the bus stop / train station to get into the centre of Glasgow.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5501 on: June 13, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »
alright. watching world cup stuff on tv

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5502 on: June 13, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
so die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Zähre fließt 
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
in den Meeren salzig ist

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5503 on: June 13, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
so die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Zähre fließt 
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
in den Meeren salzig ist

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5504 on: June 13, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
do you like it?