Interested in joining such a site?

yes
22 (55%)
no
9 (22.5%)
I would rather try and destroy it
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Aspie CHAOS!  (Read 32960 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: Aspie CHAOS!
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2008, 12:38:31 AM »
Get a webcam ::)

(please!)
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2008, 12:50:26 AM »
Get a webcam ::)

(please!)

what makes you think we haven't got one already?   8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2008, 02:36:29 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2008, 06:49:21 AM »
Like I said before I have worked places like this they never last long somebody always fucks everything up.  There has to be some form of structure and some final authority however limited for it to work

That is why I think that Aspie CHAOS! will be a dictatorship that is run by Calandale.

I believe that Calandale will insure that he has more "power" than everyone else.

He will be too untrusting of other people having "power" (to ban him, for example) even if he has the same "power" that they have.

okay, time for some truth.

what is your problem, cal?  as in, why are you going after first callaway, and now odeon?  (i'm talking the most recent).  is it their "power" you're jealous of (as you perceive it)?  or is there another, more obscure thing you want which they've got?

Power disturbs me. Even when I have some.

I hope that I'm wrong and I wish everyone who wants to participate in the experiment good luck.

richard

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
im not gonna participate, sorry calandale. goodluck though :)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for backups if everyone was an admin. Not worth the headaches.
You could script them though so they are on the hour, and have more than one person do them.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
Like I said before I have worked places like this they never last long somebody always fucks everything up.  There has to be some form of structure and some final authority however limited for it to work

That is why I think that Aspie CHAOS! will be a dictatorship that is run by Calandale.

I believe that Calandale will insure that he has more "power" than everyone else.

He will be too untrusting of other people having "power" (to ban him, for example) even if he has the same "power" that they have.

what is your problem, cal?  as in, why are you going after first callaway, and now odeon?  (i'm talking the most recent).  is it their "power" you're jealous of (as you perceive it)?  or is there another, more obscure thing you want which they've got?

I hope that I'm wrong and I wish everyone who wants to participate in the experiment good luck.

i don't think Calandale intends to be a dictator. he has noble intentions. what happens is he decides whether he wants to continue down that line... or become a dictator. it depends on what people do.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:56 PM »
/dislocates jaw.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for backups if everyone was an admin. Not worth the headaches.
You could script them though so they are on the hour, and have more than one person do them.

You miss the point. It's what you need the backups FOR.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »

To restore the site, which if you had enough people doing it, with the right set up it could be easy to get it back up if a problem were to arise. It could be fun I guess...

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »

To restore the site, which if you had enough people doing it, with the right set up it could be easy to get it back up if a problem were to arise. It could be fun I guess...

With everyone as an admin? What are the odds of permissions and such being kept intact? And just think of how OFTEN you potentially need to restore the site. Imagine the crowd here with admin rights. Ahayes would have had a blast.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008, 05:42:32 PM »

With everyone as an admin? What are the odds of permissions and such being kept intact? And just think of how OFTEN you potentially need to restore the site. Imagine the crowd here with admin rights. Ahayes would have had a blast.
Coming to think of it, you never did ban Ahayes from becoming admin here. But on Cals site, eventually one admin will just deadmin the rest. It wont be a problem for long...

ozymandias

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

Coming to think of it, you never did ban Ahayes from becoming admin here. But on Cals site, eventually one admin will just deadmin the rest. It wont be a problem for long...

Thats what I was thinking would happen, everybody deadmining everybody else or bannings flying thick and fast, posts being deleted, moved, altered, profiles the same thing.  It would certainly live up to the name "Chaos".

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »
Don't think he will be a dictator just that it will self destruct
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »

what is your problem, cal?  as in, why are you going after first callaway, and now odeon?  (i'm talking the most recent).  is it their "power" you're jealous of (as you perceive it)?  or is there another, more obscure thing you want which they've got?

Then you could go there and play Calandale and give him a taste of his own medicine  :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw