Author Topic: Close all grammar schools?  (Read 2919 times)

Soph

Re: Close all grammar schools?
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2007, 05:35:46 PM »
so you really think kids are doing shit in schools because theyre not 'good enough' to get into grammar schools so thwy're put at a disadvantage right from the offset?
look at the rest of the country. kids are doing shit everywhere.
once i see basic changes being made to the education system, making improvements to the teaching itself, then i will agree that we should close grammar schools

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2007, 04:53:15 AM »
Close all the school let the children run wild in the streets doing what they will :P

agreed. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »
so you really think kids are doing shit in schools because theyre not 'good enough' to get into grammar schools so thwy're put at a disadvantage right from the offset?
look at the rest of the country. kids are doing shit everywhere.
once i see basic changes being made to the education system, making improvements to the teaching itself, then i will agree that we should close grammar schools
They are put in way more of a disadvantage from the offset, yes. Its better to do the structural realignments first. And kids are not doing shit everywhere, Scotland for one is doing very well without grammar schools.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
We don't need grammar schools.  We need Pet Training Applied to Humans centers.  That way everyone will be autistic and thus have good grammar.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
indeed. :agreed:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: