Author Topic: Close all grammar schools?  (Read 2936 times)

duncvis

Re: Close all grammar schools?
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
phwoar.

Soph

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2007, 12:36:36 PM »
i dont want to go to durham so why would i do that?
and my A levels were shit so i probably wouldn't have got in there anyway
it is mostly full of scum anyway, i live here, i think i have a better idea of this than you do
The point was that you would have no chance of getting in, they reject people with straight A's more often than Oxford does for the same course. Its your attitude that people less intelligent than yourself are scum that is the problem, face it you are being little more than a snob.
of course i would have no chance of getting in, but so what? what are you proving? if i'd wanted to get into your university i would have actually bothered going into college and doing the work for once so my a levels were better
and since when did i say people less intelligent than myself are scum? lol
i said the majority of people at the other schools were scum. which was true. i live here, ive seen them. i went to school with some of them as a kid. i know they are. nothing to do wit them being less intelligent than me

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »
it's to do with them being less wise than you are.

anyone can be intelligent. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Soph

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
gcses and a-levels don't necessarily show how intelligent they are anyway; i did absolutely fuck all for five years and still got As without doing any revision. that's how pathetic they are.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »
you're just smart. :toporly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2007, 01:15:06 PM »
indeed. i went to a grammar school... i am inherently superior to everybody else!  :toporly:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »
thus you wearz tophat. :toporly:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2007, 01:16:52 PM »
i are a snobby owl from teh grammar schoolz  :toporly:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
i are a snobby owl from teh grammar schoolz  :toporly:

my :toporly: needs some snobbing.

Make it so.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »
engage.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
so considering that the overwhelming majority of state schools are NOT selective, would you seriously consider grammar schools not letting chavtards in as a credible cause of their emergence as pondlife?
I would say they were a factor, not the whole story. Closing grammar schools would be a symbolic first move to sorting out our education system, and not writing off a good 100,000 children in those areas every single year. That would be a hell of a step, dont you think?

not really. more of a tokenistic step. btw, how does the existence of 168 grammar schools write off a good 100,000 children a year?
168 Grammars have probably around 150,000 to 200,000 pupils in them. Divide that by 5 (how many years they spend there), and multiply by 3 for the 75% who are left to rot and you get around about 100,000 people written off. Asides, if people cannot even get rid of grammars (which is a reasonably small step on a long road), we are going to get nowhere whatsoever.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2007, 03:25:44 PM »
i dont want to go to durham so why would i do that?
and my A levels were shit so i probably wouldn't have got in there anyway
it is mostly full of scum anyway, i live here, i think i have a better idea of this than you do
The point was that you would have no chance of getting in, they reject people with straight A's more often than Oxford does for the same course. Its your attitude that people less intelligent than yourself are scum that is the problem, face it you are being little more than a snob.
of course i would have no chance of getting in, but so what? what are you proving? if i'd wanted to get into your university i would have actually bothered going into college and doing the work for once so my a levels were better
and since when did i say people less intelligent than myself are scum? lol
i said the majority of people at the other schools were scum. which was true. i live here, ive seen them. i went to school with some of them as a kid. i know they are. nothing to do wit them being less intelligent than me
Yeah, the people in the other schools are there because the failed the 11+ and are in the bottom 75% on the test. The 75% of people you have just written off as scum.

Soph

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2007, 03:27:02 PM »
for the last time, i didnt say everyone who fails the 11+ is scum.

and if you get rid of the grammar schools, theyd still be separating them by ability, by putting them in different sets. that just means the ones in the lower sets will feel even worse because there'll be even more people above them

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »
Close all the school let the children run wild in the streets doing what they will :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »
for the last time, i didnt say everyone who fails the 11+ is scum.

and if you get rid of the grammar schools, theyd still be separating them by ability, by putting them in different sets. that just means the ones in the lower sets will feel even worse because there'll be even more people above them
They wont have been entirely written off. Lets throw in an example, for example Lincolnshire which still extensively uses the 11+ There is a school where a total of 4% of students meet the benchmark. Dont tell me it would be anything like as bad if it were not for the grammars creaming off in such a fashion.