Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93680 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #7335 on: June 09, 2011, 05:59:48 AM »
Found racks for the van yesterday and they were less expensive than I had expected
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7336 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
Found racks for the van yesterday and they were less expensive than I had expected

Parts, I guess the racks will be used to carry your brother's stuff back.  Just don't be like a guy we saw with a small pick-up truck so loaded down with bags in the back that he couldn't make it up an overpass.  He was still there trying when I passed by again in about 30 minutes. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7337 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
watched the season finale of Bones :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7338 on: June 09, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »

Parts, I guess the racks will be used to carry your brother's stuff back.  Just don't be like a guy we saw with a small pick-up truck so loaded down with bags in the back that he couldn't make it up an overpass.  He was still there trying when I passed by again in about 30 minutes. 

I have seen those people too :laugh:  I am very good at loading up a truck or van with the most it can hold and still drive safely.  I mostly got the racks to hold extension ladders for work and used them today for that
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #7339 on: June 09, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
Talked to my sister on the phone this morning and I mentioned the toothaches I had the last couple of days. Blahiah, no painkiller seem to do anything or helped in the slightest way. Well, long story short.. it turned out she still had 5 sachets of Brufen lying around somewhere and that she would bring them ASAP. She did and must say, the Brufen pretty much did the trick finally.

Thank you sister. Taking the first of them made quite a difference this afternoon. Will buy you some flowers or a nice plant very soon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7340 on: June 09, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
I postsed 13 of my favourite cat videos off youtube on my blog. Now this is DEFINITELY gonna get more "likes" than any of my previous ones :green:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7341 on: June 10, 2011, 07:39:08 AM »
couple of hours for 'me' time
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #7342 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »
Gave my little girl her Birthday present. A handbag and a gift voucher worth $60 to buy what she wants. Likely clothing or toys or videogames I guess. She was really pleased.
Am in a competition at work, they are trying to shift a heap of nice handsets on a high end user plan. I sent out some really good emails to targeted customers that I researched shit out of. i reckon the conversion rate will be god if I can follow up on them.
Whilst everyone else there is pitching shit out of these things either with no targeting or conversely pitching and drying up the easiest sources, I will find niche targeting and work the needs creatively. It is harder and more time consuming but I will be able to sustain many more opportunities to pitch confidently and effectively. That is the hope.
Oh the competition means that if we sell 7 in 30 days we get one free for ourselves. 14 gets 2 etc.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:50:15 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

P7PSP

« Reply #7343 on: June 10, 2011, 08:24:35 AM »
I'm done with the Local Union election work. Instead of 10.5 to 11 hours of work like I thought it would be, it was 13.5 hours and I was tired as shit when I got home. The results weren't what I wanted, but I was there to be a teller, so our part of the job went well.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7344 on: June 10, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
Gave my little girl her Birthday present. A handbag and a gift voucher worth $60 to buy what she wants. Likely clothing or toys or videogames I guess. She was really pleased.
Am in a competition at work, they are trying to shift a heap of nice handsets on a high end user plan. I sent out some really good emails to targeted customers that I researched shit out of. i reckon the conversion rate will be god if I can follow up on them.
Whilst everyone else there is pitching shit out of these things either with no targeting or conversely pitching and drying up the easiest sources, I will find niche targeting and work the needs creatively. It is harder and more time consuming but I will be able to sustain many more opportunities to pitch confidently and effectively. That is the hope.
Oh the competition means that if we sell 7 in 30 days we get one free for ourselves. 14 gets 2 etc.

Happy Birthday to that cute and witty girl of yours.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7345 on: June 10, 2011, 03:57:55 PM »
The weekend is here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #7346 on: June 10, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

Happy Birthday to that cute and witty girl of yours.

:agreed:

For some reason the image of Les trying to buy a handbag is a very funny image to me.  :lol:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7347 on: June 10, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7348 on: June 10, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »
Shortbread cookies were on sale today for $1.99, and had a $1 off coupon.  Voila, 2 bags of Keebler Sandies with pecans and 2 bags of Keebler Sandies with Dark Chocolate and Almonds.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

eris

« Reply #7349 on: June 10, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
I got a total of 88 texts on my phone today. I guess it is good because it means I have friends and this new boy likes me. But bad news for my thumbs.