Author Topic: Post something good that happened today  (Read 93661 times)

P7PSP

Re: Post something good that happened today
« Reply #1950 on: December 29, 2008, 03:38:55 PM »
Here in California most fireworks are banned in most counties. People wanting firecrackers or bottle rockets have to go next door to Nevada or go to San Francisco and buy them from Chinatown gangs. :thumbdn: This state sucks.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1951 on: December 29, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »
Considering the forest fires you've had, and how easily they happen, I'm not surprised.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1952 on: December 29, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
Here in California most fireworks are banned in most counties. People wanting firecrackers or bottle rockets have to go next door to Nevada or go to San Francisco and buy them from Chinatown gangs. :thumbdn: This state sucks.

Your gun laws are cool and the clima too.  :) Here is -8 oC now... :-\

They are banning 4" mortars in Sweden after New Year's Eve, but the guy who I bought from today said that it's not a problem.  :angel:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1953 on: December 29, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
So move, then. Bye now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1954 on: December 29, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
California is pretty brave.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1955 on: December 29, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
-sigh-

Why don't you move? I don't get it. Why stick around, why whine endlessly, instead of doing something about your situation?

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1956 on: December 29, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »
My brother has tried for many years without succeeding and he's a well paid NT.  :-\

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1957 on: December 29, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
My brother has tried for many years without succeeding and he's a well paid NT.  :-\

Get a tourist visa and say like everyone else 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #1958 on: December 29, 2008, 04:43:52 PM »

He has been there5-6 times but has never succeeded to get a US citizenship.  :(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1959 on: December 29, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

He has been there5-6 times but has never succeeded to get a US citizenship.  :(

Marry an citizen or just be an illegal
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #1960 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Mountain Warehouse despatched my new jacket. :)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1961 on: December 29, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »
Aikido. Endorphins brighten my day.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

P7PSP

« Reply #1962 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:24 PM »
Considering the forest fires you've had, and how easily they happen, I'm not surprised.
I understand myself why there are ordinances regarding when and where fireworks are appropriate odeon. Out in the wilderness is definitely not appropriate, natural causes and arson appear to be the leading causes of wildfires. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1110768/causes_of_california_wildfires_check.html?cal=8  http://www.livescience.com/environment/080624-ap-lightning-wildfires.html

My gripe in my earlier post actually relates more to a general nanny state mentality running this state than specifically to fireworks. Wyoming has very few restrictions on types of fireworks available but I'm certain they'd nail anyone for starting a wildfire by tossing a cigarette out their window or with fireworks if they caught them, as they should. Anti tobacco fanatics and Animal Rights types are seeking to force people to conform to their version of Utopia here and it gets old pushing back every year. A law was passed with Prop 10 that was supposed to save smokers from themselves and fund pre school initiatives for kids but what it did was create a new political patronage job for every county with 80% of the money and Rob Reiner used significant amounts of the other 20% to lobby to try and force parents to send their kids to pre school at age 3. http://cssrc.us/web/1/news.aspx?id=293&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 If I move to Nevada it won't be for the more relaxed fireworks laws. As long as I do live in California I'll continue to try and derail the busybodies that want to run others lives for them. I'm not a smoker either, I just figure it's their decision to smoke or not.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1963 on: December 30, 2008, 12:10:57 AM »

I had an amazing night of sleep, yesterday - almost four hours, nonstop. I attacked the day like Achilles' blade and landed on winged feet.

It is well past time for me to have fallen out and found rest again, though. Twenty two hours ago, I began the day at my bag, worked up one helluva sweat, did it again about five hours ago and by all rights, I should be exhausted enough to sleep again.

I suppose this should be in the Bitchin' thread, because I am still hyper. I normally get only about half an hour to an hour of bag time, but today I took three and a half hours. It's an early day tomorrow and I should be asleep, but it's not happening.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1964 on: December 30, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
I understand myself why there are ordinances regarding when and where fireworks are appropriate odeon. Out in the wilderness is definitely not appropriate, natural causes and arson appear to be the leading causes of wildfires. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1110768/causes_of_california_wildfires_check.html?cal=8  http://www.livescience.com/environment/080624-ap-lightning-wildfires.html

My gripe in my earlier post actually relates more to a general nanny state mentality running this state than specifically to fireworks. Wyoming has very few restrictions on types of fireworks available but I'm certain they'd nail anyone for starting a wildfire by tossing a cigarette out their window or with fireworks if they caught them, as they should. Anti tobacco fanatics and Animal Rights types are seeking to force people to conform to their version of Utopia here and it gets old pushing back every year. A law was passed with Prop 10 that was supposed to save smokers from themselves and fund pre school initiatives for kids but what it did was create a new political patronage job for every county with 80% of the money and Rob Reiner used significant amounts of the other 20% to lobby to try and force parents to send their kids to pre school at age 3. http://cssrc.us/web/1/news.aspx?id=293&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 If I move to Nevada it won't be for the more relaxed fireworks laws. As long as I do live in California I'll continue to try and derail the busybodies that want to run others lives for them. I'm not a smoker either, I just figure it's their decision to smoke or not.

I saw something on Discovery about the forest fires. I had no idea they could happen so easily in California. No reason to have another thoughtless smoker or a freak lightning storm when there are plants practically designed to ignite on their own.

- Albert Einstein