Author Topic: My ask away thread  (Read 30490 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: My ask away thread
« Reply #375 on: November 27, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »

What if your children start on you over it as they get older? (It may happen, you know.)

I would hope that they end up less judgemental and more open-minded than that.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #376 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:26 PM »
I don't think that was what Scrapheap meant.  :eyebrows:

I'm not aways good with metaphors. :/

I wasn't sure exacty what he meant by it either  :-\

thepeaguy

« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

What if your children start on you over it as they get older? (It may happen, you know.)

You know I wasn't judging you, and you know how children can formulate opnions and beliefs based on the bitching from the playground about what their mommy and daddy gets up to.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to word my question that way. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:15:10 PM by NT Autistic »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2006, 03:31:46 PM »

You know I wasn't judging you, and you know how children can formulate opnions and beliefs based on the bitching from the playground about what their mommy and daddy gets up to.

No need to be sorry- but I don't see why bitching in the playground would be an issue anyway, do other parents tell their kids what they get up to with their sex lives? I can imagine the conversation over the cornflakes now 'Last night daddy shagged me up the bottom.'  :laugh:  You get my point though- why should it be different for us because we have a 'different' kind of relationship?

thepeaguy

« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2006, 03:34:35 PM »

No need to be sorry- but I don't see why bitching in the playground would be an issue anyway, do other parents tell their kids what they get up to with their sex lives? I can imagine the conversation over the cornflakes now 'Last night daddy shagged me up the bottom.'  :laugh:  You get my point though- why should it be different for us because we have a 'different' kind of relationship?

But having being criticised from people you care about the most (your kids) will probably hurt more than what some bystander thinks. I'm just saying that it might happen because your kids are growing individuals.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:36:41 PM by NT Autistic »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »
Yeah but you missed my point- do parents in conventional relationships feel the need to tell their kids what they do in their sex lives?

thepeaguy

« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2006, 03:41:39 PM »
Yeah but you missed my point- do parents in conventional relationships feel the need to tell their kids what they do in their sex lives?

I know all that, but it may happen by accident, though.

"Haha, you're mommy and daddy sleeps with other people! Nya-nya!"

People are shitheads with their holier-than-thou crap. What can I say?

I don't really know what I'm on about, so I'll shush now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:48:19 PM by NT Autistic »

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2006, 04:30:36 PM »
So how was Your vaction?
Guardian of the Empire

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »
So how was Your vaction?

It was great Kevv, thanks for asking.  It rained a lot and land where my parent's are building their house was very muddy, but we had a great time  :)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2006, 06:53:35 PM »
In case anyone is interested here are the most recent photos I have of the house taken about a month ago- its moved on a bit since then (they how have the roof complete and almost all the doors and windows fitted).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »
i am soooo happy that they have satelite.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »
It doesn't work all that well though, occasionally all they can get is german channels, but they need something to do when they're exhausted from building all day.  They've only had it a few weeks though, they had no electricity before then.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2006, 07:16:33 PM »
exhausted?

are they doing the labour themselves?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2006, 07:19:41 PM »
exhausted?

are they doing the labour themselves?

Yes-so far the only things they have had other people in to do is the electrics and they had to have someone make up the trusses for the roof.  Another couple they have been friends with for a few years have moved close by and he is helping with their house and in return my dad will help with theirs.

ozymandias

« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:08 PM »

It's not the parents job to describe their sex lives to their kids, no matter if it's conventional or not!  What matters is that you give the kid(s) the knowledge and confidence to make their own decisions about what they want....period!  The only exception I can think of is, say, if Amber asks me point blank to my face, "Do you do.....on mom" or does "mom do .......on you", I'll ask if she really wants to know and if she still does......I'll tell her and I know Carla would do the same.

BTW, I just read thru this thread for the first time, if we had a thumbs up emoticon, I'd post it here! 8)  I didn't know you were that young and here I was, joking about me being your "boytoy". ;) ::)  More like me being your "old Geezer toy".! :laugh: