Educational

Author Topic: Photo Thread.  (Read 144305 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Photo Thread.
« Reply #4980 on: August 26, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »

It may make my nose look bigger, but I really do have a big nose (long).   That is why some people ask me if I am Jewish, at least that is what they tell me.

Oddly, when you smile, you resemble my best friend from high school. He is really the only true friend I have left. We still talk once a month and email about twice a week.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:17:29 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #4981 on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »
It may make my nose look bigger, but I really do have a big nose (long).   That is why some people ask me if I am Jewish, at least that is what they tell me.

Funny how some people apply "racial ethnicity"  to the notion of religion. I have known plenty of Jewish people who were not descended from the areas around Israel.

The middle east doesn't exactly have a monopoly on manly noses, ya know? 
 :laugh:

(I know that YOU know that, but some people can be very narrowminded)

The French are particularly renowned for the size of their Noses!  And I am very French in ancestry!  I can surrender very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :green:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #4982 on: August 26, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »

Funny how some people apply "racial ethnicity"  to the notion of religion. I have known plenty of Jewish people who were not descended from the areas around Israel.

The French are particularly renowned for the size of their Noses!  And I am very French in ancestry!  I can surrender very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :green:
They just say that to me for some reason.   It doesn't bother me, but it is something that I have heard before.   Noses like that are common regardless of nationality.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #4983 on: August 26, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »
It is a cheap 50 dollar Logitech webcam.   I can't be arsed to fuck with it any more than I have already.   Maybe I will calibrate it some later.

It makes you look like woody wood pecker, a pointed face and a tuft of red hair on top.
Hey, that is my nose asswipe.  Where is your picture?   My hair is black too.

I'm grotestque, you wouldn't want to see...
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #4984 on: August 26, 2008, 08:56:10 PM »

Can't possibly be worse-looking than me ;)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #4985 on: August 27, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »

Thankfully you have such a beautiful personality Nocti. Don't be so hard on yourself. Plenty of others can do that for you. ;)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

ozymandias

« Reply #4986 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:15 AM »

They just say that to me for some reason.   It doesn't bother me, but it is something that I have heard before.   Noses like that are common regardless of nationality.

Noses are noses.  Some hot chicks have big noses if you see them from the right angle.   :zoinks:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4987 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:01 AM »

Don't know how to dress, or stand, or know what to do with my hands,  i look like a frightened JP penney's model....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:37:14 AM by driftingblizzard »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4988 on: August 27, 2008, 01:55:29 PM »
You look like a person I met at a conference a few years ago. Any chance you were in Montreal in August, 2003?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #4989 on: August 27, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »
Don't know how to dress, or stand, or know what to do with my hands,  i look like a frightened JP penney's model....

Hey... you're OK-looking - certainly not grotestque or anything near that. Quite a management sort of look :green: Actually, in that picture, you remind me of the top-most Boss (Managing Director) I used to work for. You look a little awkward in posture, but certainly not overly so ;D

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4990 on: August 27, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »
You look like a person I met at a conference a few years ago. Any chance you were in Montreal in August, 2003?

I was near Montreal, but I swear I never left Ontario, not that I know of anyway.  I was working in Rochester, NY, and drove to Michigan, and did get turned around on the 212? thoroughfair, (the queen's something or other, but unless you sold me a diet coke, no you didn't meet me)....   :lol:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4991 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »

Hey... you're OK-looking - certainly not grotestque or anything near that. Quite a management sort of look :green: Actually, in that picture, you remind me of the top-most Boss (Managing Director) I used to work for. You look a little awkward in posture, but certainly not overly so ;D

You, my friend are too kind.  I feel very awkward in most any situation, unless I've been drinking, then I also look awkward.   

My problem has always been that I don't look as abnormal as I truly am...    So, I flown under the radar of getting the assistance that I should have.  There should be screenings for this type of stuff in elementary school.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:29:33 AM by driftingblizzard »

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #4992 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
You, my friend are too kind.

I don't think so :)

My problem has always been that I don't look as abnormal as I truly am...

I think that is the case for most on the Autistic Spectrum. We do not have any recognised physical characteristics to differentiate us from Neurologically Typical people. Kind of like deaf people in that our difficulties are not always instantly recognised.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4993 on: August 29, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
Crew toy :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4994 on: August 30, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein