Author Topic: Ask Peter anything  (Read 35103 times)

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
Re: Ask Peter anything
« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2006, 03:13:14 AM »
Hi Peter

Do you think that people with AS have the capacity to become more and more like NT's the more they particpate in group activity, such as discussion boards? ie they become the very thing they start off hating?

And what's with all this 'be kind to me' stuff??  Where is this need to tear people down coming from - surely this is pure NT territory???

Let's put our 'diagnoses' on the table here cos you lot do NOT strike me as very AS-like AT ALL!

Esme   ::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:16:04 AM by esme456 »

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2006, 03:24:56 AM »
'Ask Peter Anything'

(Oh but not that!)     :D

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2006, 07:27:15 AM »
Hi Peter

Do you think that people with AS have the capacity to become more and more like NT's the more they particpate in group activity, such as discussion boards? ie they become the very thing they start off hating?

They can become more socialy fluentl through practice and acclimatisation.  Becoming more NT is a different matter altogether.

And what's with all this 'be kind to me' stuff??  Where is this need to tear people down coming from - surely this is pure NT territory???

What 'be kind to me' stuff?  Nobody's being kind to you, nor are you requesting that they do so.  What's NT about tearing people down?  NT would be 2-faced shit-stirring.  When I tear people down, I'm honest and direct about it.

Let's put our 'diagnoses' on the table here cos you lot do NOT strike me as very AS-like AT ALL!

Esme   ::)

You can think whatever you like about my diagnosis.

14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »
peter,
do you think that esme really means its me, and the fact that it isn't a sock-puppet is because of an anonymizor?
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »
Do I think she's someone from intensity posting through an annonymiser?  I doubt it; the IP would keep changing if that was the case.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2006, 07:40:24 AM »
not during the same session, but if it were to be tracked over several sessions.
Misunderstood.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2006, 07:42:23 AM »
Possibly.  I guess it depends what she's using.  We'll find out eventually.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »
i think she sounds like a he.  a homophobic he.
Misunderstood.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2006, 07:54:39 AM »
NT would be 2-faced shit-stirring. 

tosh.  i've seen plenty of this going on by people with AS.  and i'd certainly do it, if it entertained me.  :P

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »
NT would be 2-faced shit-stirring. 

tosh.  i've seen plenty of this going on by people with AS.  and i'd certainly do it, if it entertained me.  :P

I don't have the social intelligence for it, and my attempts would be painfully transparent to most people.  I have enough bother just remembering who everyone is.  My ex, though, was a force of nature when it came to social stuff, and although she didn't set people against each other, it would have been fairly easy for her, and she routinely manipulated people in small ways.  But yeah, you're mileage may vary; I'm sure there's a proportion of aspies out there who're strangely able when it comes to social stuff.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2006, 01:38:31 AM »
If you were given control over the uk laws of age of consent and teen sex education how would you change them, if at all?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2006, 05:18:58 AM »
I'd replace a fixed age of consent with an exam, since some people are a bundle of maturity and repsonsiblity at 12, while others never develop those qualities.  After getting your license, there would be a points system; get too many STD's and you lose it and have to resit the exam.  People would be required to send notes to their doctor when they're trying for a baby so that unplanned pregnancies can be detected.  Sex education would be Norwegian style, but more so; starting early and covering everything from pregancy to STD's to how to make your partner orgasm and the proper care and safe use of toys.  It would be tied in with the exam.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2006, 05:51:39 AM »
Whilst I agree that age isn't always a good indicator of maturity, how would you be able to test maturity accurately?  Wouldn't you be concerned that a maturity exam could mean that paedophiles would be able to 'coach' their victims to pass?

Offline esme456

• Incessant Poster
« Reply #598 on: September 01, 2006, 10:55:42 AM »
Are your parents still together?

Nessa

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #599 on: September 01, 2006, 11:00:45 AM »
Are your parents still together?

Nessa

No, they divorced when I was 8.