Author Topic: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.  (Read 10678 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Scrapheap calls out Lucifer.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
nope, not english.  i'm a Celt - part irish, part welsh (note spelling)

After reading a fair amount of Cymraeg, I was under the impression that Welsh didn't give a damn about spelling.  ::) :laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 01:21:29 AM »
that's cos you don't understand the welsh language and alphabet.  welsh - like turkish and italian, for example - is a phonetic language, unlike english (and, to a certain extent, american) - every letter is pronounced.  which means i can read out any amount of welsh and sound as though i know exactly what i'm talking about (i don't, as i only speak a tiny smattering of welsh).

The_P

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »
that's cos you don't understand the welsh language and alphabet.  welsh - like turkish and italian, for example - is a phonetic language, unlike english (and, to a certain extent, american) - every letter is pronounced.  which means i can read out any amount of welsh and sound as though i know exactly what i'm talking about (i don't, as i only speak a tiny smattering of welsh).

Your witch precursors from Wales must be hanging their heads in shame from the afterlife. That is, if you have a history of witchcraft in your family tree.

And Bristol used to be Welsh territory before the Saxons and Normans settled here, I think. Don't know the history too well, though.

Oh well, there's always the local library.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 03:25:37 PM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 06:36:52 PM »

Your witch precursors from Wales must be hanging their heads in shame from the afterlife. That is, if you have a history of witchcraft in your family tree.

And Bristol used to be Welsh territory before the Saxons and Normans settled here, I think. Don't know the history too well, though.

or the internet.
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 10:41:28 AM »

or the internet.

Yeah, but I need to get out more, to meet the sexy ladies as it were.

Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 01:38:59 PM »

or the internet.

Yeah, but I need to get out more, to meet the sexy ladies as it were.

Some librarians are fucking HOT!! The main library in Anaheim has a brunette librarian who's damn near a perfect 10. ....... she's maried of course. :tantrum:

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 01:40:15 PM »

OOOOOOOHHH, COME ON VIVI!!!!!!! THAT WAS FUNNY!!!  :smarty: :smarty: :smarty: :razz: :smarty: :smarty: :smarty:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 02:15:01 PM »
lol.

:asthing:

Scrapheap

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
Are you, in reality, a big, fat, ugly cow that lives in a trailer park in rural Texas??

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 03:11:49 AM »
only in your dreams, darl'.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 03:23:26 AM »
that's cos you don't understand the welsh language and alphabet.  welsh - like turkish and italian, for example - is a phonetic language, unlike english (and, to a certain extent, american) - every letter is pronounced.
I think that French is the absolute worst for being a language that if read phonetically, does not make any sense.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 04:07:57 AM »
scots gaelic is worse.  can't seem to get my head round that at all, and i'm pretty okay with irish.

Scrapheap

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »
only in your dreams, darl'.

That would be a nightmaare there daarlin'  :P

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
really?  and i thought that would be your ideal guurrrrrrl.

just goes to show, doesn't it?

Scrapheap

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »
really?  and i thought that would be your ideal guurrrrrrl.

just goes to show, doesn't it?

That you know nothing. yes it does.  ;D