Author Topic: Unemployed bums  (Read 8241 times)

The_P

Re: Unemployed bums
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2007, 06:16:28 AM »
i wouldnt worry about it peaguy. what good is complaining about someone elses problems on the internet? how does that help them?

I'm not overly worried, but I don't like it when people over-generalise the unemployed. And anyway, this is a topic about putting down the unemployed, so I'm merely taking part in it.

Get over yourself, Hale_Bopp.

Read the whole thread before sticking a carrot up your arse, you fucking dumbarse.

I did, and I am basing my argument on older threads where you have previously sniped at autistic people (especially males) who aren't viable in your eyes because they don't work. You act like you're better than other people with your current job and social life simply because deep-down you're insecure and still in denial that you have autism.

Also, it would help if you would have elaborated more on your introductory post without giving off the impression that you're a stuck-up, close-minded workaholic.

Neat. Now you're using old threads and comments to base your argument in here, despite the fact I clearly stated in here that people on a sickness benefit don't count. I don't have a social life, either. Get with it.

Funny, you did state to the disabled community at one point that the world doesn't owe you anything.

Can't touch this godly 8". :penis:

The world doesn't owe anyone anything. Not just "the disabled community".  People that whine about the world being in debt to them are idiots. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to help someone out that can't help themselves as much as they like to. But essentually, the world doesn't owe anyone anything.

My mother kept drumming into me that the world owes me nothing either, and It's good now that I believe it. I won't be a take take take person.

So get the fuck over it already.

Get the fuck over what? I'm participating in a legit debate which I've been exempt from for three days.

Anyhow, if you weren't insecure over the karma system, I would've given you a + for your delightful resolve. Thanks for the amusement. ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:20:42 AM by Islam's Comedy Flamer »

The_P

I just...
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2007, 06:34:06 AM »
...Can't get you outta my head, Fiona, your lovin is all I think about.
I just can't get you out of my head, Fiona, it's more than I dare to think about.

Lalalalalalalala...

:asthing:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:44:12 AM by Islam's Comedy Flamer »

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »
Well I'd rather not participate in something false thankyou. I'd rather not give what ever idiot it was the pleasure - It was probably you.

The_P

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2007, 06:58:45 AM »
Well I'd rather not participate in something false thankyou. I'd rather not give what ever idiot it was the pleasure - It was probably you.

Wow, bravo with the feign superiority act.

"Oh, I don't know who was the fool -- it might've been you. Hahawawaw."

Cunt.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »

The world doesn't owe anyone anything. Not just "the disabled community".  People that whine about the world being in debt to them are idiots. Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to help someone out that can't help themselves as much as they like to. But essentually, the world doesn't owe anyone anything.

My mother kept drumming into me that the world owes me nothing either, and It's good now that I believe it. I won't be a take take take person.

So get the fuck over it already.

True. None the less society is founded on certain principles of fairness.
If you take these principles entirely away, you end up in an anarchy -
where such things as property rights don't really exist, and ownership
is determined merely by who can take something (ok - that's the way
it still is, but the weapons supposedly include more fairness built in);
everyone becomes a "take take take" person, or they lose out.

Now, the 'have's' expect the government to protect them and their
property from the depredations of the unwashed masses, and likewise,
it seems not unreasonable for those less fortunate to expect somewhat
better treatment than they currently receive (at least in the US - one gets
the feeling that the UK is somewhat more forgiving of its poor).

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2007, 08:45:23 AM »
My sister is one of those take take take people.
She gave up on her last job because she "didn't like it". She has a son and a daughter, aged 13 and 15 respectively. They are not being shown a good example of work ethic.

Recently I thought about getting a job with Transperth driving buses. I thought about it a lot and realised I probably wouldn't be able to handle all the social interactions and decision making when things go wrong. They also do a psych test. I have failed one before and now I also have a psych history. Arghhh it took me ages to decide about it.

Recently I was at my mum's house, my sister was there as well. She spoke about getting her truck licence and becoming a "truckie". I think she was saying this to shock my mum. Then she said she wouldn't be able to afford getting the licence. So I told her how I looked up Transperth on the net and that you get trained (for free)to get the HR licence. Mum said that was a great idea and that my sister should do it as soon as possible. She added that my sister would be suited to driving buses as she has a good memory and can mix with people easily.

My mum and I were quite enthusiastic about it as we thought that this would be a solution to my sister's job hunting woes.

My sister went quiet and left soon after. I asked Mum had I said something wrong. Mum replied to me, "I don't think she (my sister) wants a job, to be honest. She likes partying with her friends and sitting at home smoking pot too much."

I got irritated with my sister about this.

A few days later Mum brought the subject up with my sister. My sister rapidly changed the subject. She will not do anything to get a job herself. I think it is sad because she has the potential. Mum thinks it is because my sister won't pass any drug tests.

Well, there's an example for you...
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »
stupid drug tests have kept many a fine people out of decent jobs.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »

If they need help getting around them, Give me a buzz. I did it for 4 years in the Marines.  ;)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2007, 04:31:44 AM »

If they need help getting around them, Give me a buzz. I did it for 4 years in the Marines.  ;)

You got around drug tests for 4 years?  How often did they do them when you were in the Marines, and what kind did they do, hair or urine?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: June 01, 2007, 04:49:14 AM »
I had a personality test the other day, which I answered completely honestly....

then all the reports kept saying...make sure the referee reports correlate with the personality test!

Scrapheap

« Reply #265 on: June 01, 2007, 08:26:15 AM »

You got around drug tests for 4 years?  How often did they do them when you were in the Marines, and what kind did they do, hair or urine?

They did Whizz Quizes at random intervals. Generaly, they happened every 2-3 months. They didn't keep track of you before you went in the cup, so I drank a lot of water and pissed several times behind the truck maintenence bay.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »

They did Whizz Quizes at random intervals. Generaly, they happened every 2-3 months. They didn't keep track of you before you went in the cup, so I drank a lot of water and pissed several times behind the truck maintenence bay.
behind the trucks and in between tokes?
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #267 on: June 01, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

:laugh: Yep!! your piss ends up so diluted that their test can't pick anything up.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #268 on: June 01, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »

:laugh: Yep!! your piss ends up so diluted that their test can't pick anything up.
they make us piss to become a longshoreman.

if someone has mainly water in their urine then they make them take it again.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »
My husband had to take a drug test for one of his jobs, but they took his hair.  I think those are probably harder to beat than urine tests.