Author Topic: What'cha munchin' on?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: What'cha munchin' on?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
Well that is because you are a logically minded autie, Ren. (which I must confess, is really cute:))

Even I know what a grilled  cheese is, although I'd probably know it as  a cheese toastie. And I wouldn't eat one either, only cheese I like molten is mozzarella, and any other pizza cheese.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
Doritos
:skywarp:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
To me, a cheese sandwich is just two pieces of bread with cheese and maybe some condiments, maybe lettuce and tomatoes.

Grilled cheese is grilled cheese- a sandwich with just cheese in the middle- or cheese and maybe spices, grilled (or fried) together with butter to make an oily melty delicious sandwich.

Dirt dawg, your grilled cheese sounds absolutely awesome.

Thank you and it truly is a great version. Fancy bread and heavy cheeses add further dimension. Spices?  See, now you are already ramping things up.

I also like to mix cheeses, during the smoking process. The trick is to exercise patience while attempting this task and allow the grill to slowly do its sacred work.

BTW, I would not add tomatoes or peppers to a grilled cheese phenomenon unless they were also charred well. It is like a synergy of competing and complimenting flavors at war for the next taste bud, when it all comes together.
 :2thumbsup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 02:04:35 PM »
To me, a cheese sandwich is just two pieces of bread with cheese and maybe some condiments, maybe lettuce and tomatoes.

Grilled cheese is grilled cheese- a sandwich with just cheese in the middle- or cheese and maybe spices, grilled (or fried) together with butter to make an oily melty delicious sandwich.

Dirt dawg, your grilled cheese sounds absolutely awesome.

Thank you and it truly is a great version. Fancy bread and heavy cheeses add further dimension. Spices?  See, now you are already ramping things up.

I also like to mix cheeses, during the smoking process. The trick is to exercise patience while attempting this task and allow the grill to slowly do its sacred work.

BTW, I would not add tomatoes or peppers to a grilled cheese phenomenon unless they were also charred well. It is like a synergy of competing and complimenting flavors at war for the next taste bud, when it all comes together.
 :2thumbsup:

Oh thats a great idea....adding sundried tomatoes and charred jalapenos. carmelised onions too?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
A cheese sandwich.

NOT grilled?

:yawn:

Nope. No such option available. This was just a lowly airport lounge where they don't do grilled.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »
A big bowl of porridge.

2 coffee mugs full of oats,
several big slices of butter, melted in as it cooks
a handful of demerara light brown sugar
mound of salt, not exactly precise, just pour what looks satisfying into the palm of my hand  and toss it in.
2 mugs full of milk.

Simmered until nice and thick, and steaming hot, so when I pour the topping on, really dark, soft, moist almost black molasses type sugar, it melts all over the top and round the sides. Not measured exactly, just fistful after fistful until it looks right.

Then munch munch munch. Can of coke to wash it down with. Diet...gah...buggrit though, there was a 30 can multipack going for a few quid in the local corner shop so diet or real, I got it anyway.

And frustratedly searching for my cigars. Going to watch the horror movie on the box as I munch, rail 20mg more oxy so it doesn't hurt like a bitch if I roll over on the sofa at night as I sleep.

Looked all over, couldn't find the fuckers....until I went to find my lighter or a box of matches....and realized they were in my fucking pocket all the time :autism:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »
Just finished a mixed kebab plate for lunch.

Because I can't eat wheat. So I have a kind of deconstructed kebab without the bread. The place I get it from does a huge serving and they always seem to make an even bigger serving for me.

Hummus and chili sauce. Sometimes they really splash the chili sauce on, sometimes it's just a trickle. Prefer it somewhere in between but don't mind too much if they really splash it on, even though it numbs the taste buds a bit.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 04:19:04 AM »
I just ate some coleslaw, it was meh. Not cold enough.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 09:36:11 AM »
Grassfed cow yoghurt with honey, cinnamon, and rolled oats sprinkled on top. Plus a cup of black :tea:  ...yummmm

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »
Cough drop
:skywarp:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 06:25:26 AM »
Eggs scrambled with jalapeños, salt, olive oil, and chopped kale.

And black :tea:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 07:18:36 AM »
Similar but not in that order. I had coffee first and it is still going.

I poached two eggs, placed them over a split, toasted, "added gluten" whole grain bagel with a slab of ham between and slathered everything with jalapeno jack, set it under the broiler until just starting to brown the cheese a bit.
Gave some to the dog, since it was more than I needed to eat.

:thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
I'm fine with grains, etc., do love a donner kebab though now and then. It for some reason, seems to be the one food, specifically invented, to be slathered in pickled olives throughout, and served to people staggering out of the pub, pissed as a fart and after so many shots, they could put a match to their arse and fart fire:D

Seriously though, donner kebab, its THE post-booze-cruise noshup. Nothing like it.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
Cherry yogurt
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2019, 04:01:12 AM »
Had a red apple, chopped up. Not sure what type of apple it was, but it was nice.

We have some green apples too. Also a passionfruit which I want Kayleigh to eat before it goes off.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae