Author Topic: What'cha munchin' on?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What'cha munchin' on?
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »
I just cooked two Italian sausages in the air fryer and they were so good!! I rarely use my microwave but decided to make a baked potato to go with. Both done within 12 minutes. Perfect quick lunch. Was going to add a small side salad but didn't have what I needed.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2019, 03:16:03 AM »
Caramel ice cream. Too hot to eat anything else.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
Just had a few squares of dark chocolate.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2019, 11:59:45 PM »
DD, you would probably be horrified by what passes for Tex Mex food in most of the world. I was in a supermarket yesterday and there was a big array of Mexican meal kits. These are basically a packet containing corn-based taco shells or flour tortillas or similar, along with a packet of sauce and some dry spice to add to some beef mince (I think you say chopped meat or ground beef instead of mince).

The weirdest place I've encountered a Mexican restaurant was in post-Communist Slovenia in 2001. It was one of a tiny handful of international style restaurants in the capital city. Their guacamole was awful, a watery green salsa that had never seen an avocado. Their "Mexican" beer was made in France and according to the label it contained tequila. I remember my New Yorker girlfriend at the time telling me that in Poland, where she lived previously, they called limes "capitalist lemons".

In parts of Sydney you can grow mangoes and bananas and the climate is almost subtropical. Where I live we have a weird microclimate so we get frosts in winter. That rules out a lot of tropical food crops. We also have awful soil that is basically rocks and sand, so growing stuff is difficult.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »
Salt and Vinegar Pringles
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2019, 06:19:50 AM »
Just had a plate of steak, macaroni and corn. Delicious. No greenery, we're getting that tomorrow.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
Toasted bagel with laughing cow cheese
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2019, 10:22:05 AM »
Why is it laughing?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »

Mucous membrane byproduct taken from a lactating female bovine suffering from Bovine spongiform encephalopathy, (BES)?
 :dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2019, 01:58:29 PM »
Had it as a kid, at my grandmother's place.
I recollect a weird cheese scent with cardboard flavour and a very weird plasticky fat texture.

I never tried it since then. La vache qui rit. Brrrr. Commercials show me there now is a soft version of it too. So not tempted to try it. That red laughing cow can keep her merchandise to herself.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »
I have the soft kind. It's super tasty though. I use it in place of cream cheese but only on bagels. I won't eat it plain
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2019, 05:47:37 PM »

If you ever find yourself based somewhere like Indonesia, you might find that the locally produced cheese is horrendous, more like a very cheaply and poorly made cheese analogue. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_analogue) Even the milk labelled "fresh" is generally a mixture of primarily reconstituted powdered milk with a little fresh milk.

In such a case anything imported starts to look good. And the Laughing Cow brand is probably the most affordable and readily available imported cheese, because it keeps well without refrigeration.

There is nothing wrong with it apart from being a little bland. I wouldn't buy it now simply because there are much nicer, or cheaper, Australian made cheeses available.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2019, 07:53:47 PM »
It doesn't have to be refrigerated? Here it does. The only reason I switched to it was because it was lower in calories than cream cheese. I lost a bunch of weight recently so it was a decent substitute for me.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2019, 12:02:43 AM »
It doesn't have to be refrigerated? Here it does. The only reason I switched to it was because it was lower in calories than cream cheese. I lost a bunch of weight recently so it was a decent substitute for me.

From the Laughing Cow website:

The Laughing Cow texture and taste is at its best when its kept refrigerated, however due to high temperatures used during the production process The Laughing Cow has a long shelf life and is safe to consume when kept out of the fridge in a cool dry place.

It is always sold refrigerated in Australia, but in other countries I've seen it on the shelf at room temperature.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2019, 07:08:20 AM »

From the Laughing Cow website:

The Laughing Cow texture and taste is at its best when its kept refrigerated, however due to high temperatures used during the production process The Laughing Cow has a long shelf life and is safe to consume when kept out of the fridge in a cool dry place.
Huh. I learned something new today.

It is always sold refrigerated in Australia, but in other countries I've seen it on the shelf at room temperature.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad