Author Topic: Can't Fix Stupid...  (Read 4006 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Can't Fix Stupid...
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2018, 01:18:19 AM »
Never a dull moment in the Trump administration. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »
If the problem is being unable to indict a sitting president, shoot him in the kneecaps and kick him out of the chair.

Problem solved, he isn't sitting. Or cut his arse cheeks off. Again, problem solved.

Or seeing as how america has no problem kidnapping citizens of soverign countries, and flying them off to secret torture facilities, just subject him to the same extraordinary rendition procedure they've been using on others, fly him over syria, and kick him out of the chopper. Preferably without a parachute.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
Yeah. That will strengthen the democratic institutions.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
Stock market is doing stupid shit, in response to the stupid shit.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
You can fix stupid, but it requires taking away free will. Not a safe road to tread on.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2018, 04:32:04 PM »
I hope your investments are well diversified. Have you noticed that the top forty or more percent of losses are in the top ten most invested stocks?

I check my stock portfolio every other day or so lately, not to be a bitch, but to assuage my concerns that my investment strategist is smart and doing a good job for me. So far he is. He avoided binding me with those top stocks like Apple or banking.

I mean, I am at end game here. What I have is small, but it is all I have. Being retired, it is time for my previous work to work for me.
I have a nice home, almost paid off with enough in short term investments to pay it off if anything bad happens. A few other minor interests, but then I am done.

This turn down of the market has not hurt me at all, yet. The Fed wanting to raise interests rates is a bad thing for me though. It is going to happen soon.
Only my metal mining reserves will save me from this.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
The market was bloated to begin with. Based upon unreasonable assumptions.

It was in no position to sustain the kind of shocks that having a fried snack in charge.
Especially when that snack's in Putin's lap. Who'd want to eat that?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2018, 08:47:07 PM »

Agreed. The market was due for a correction.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2018, 06:53:19 AM »
Standard irrational exuberance that comes from deregulation.

But, it didn't have to hit so hard.

Even bonds suffered.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
The market was certainly due for a correction but it didn't have to be in this way. The moron in chief doesn't understand (or doesn't care) that what a president does will have consequences.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2018, 02:37:42 AM »
My dear DFG, whilst your heart IMO is in the right place there, and I praise your insight into such being a dangerous road to tread upon. It is  indeed. And not only dangerous, but inherently sick, fucked up and wrong. And it'll only get sicker and more fucked up over time.

Just look at the US federal govt. Sick fucks, forever tightening the fetters and the noose, nanometer by nanometer, hoping people will be too stupid and/or too docile and well-conditioned into believing that the vote will fix all. Or fix anything. Other than legitimize the latest bastard to suck the blood of the people into the oval office. Like an overgrown tick. Uggh...vile little creatures. But sneaking the bindings ever tighter and more unwholesome and unjust, bit by bit by tiny bit, so that people don't notice easily, the individual steps, by which the stranglehold upon freedom and liberty is progressively, exponentially ratcheted up ever tighter.

One cannot fix stupid that way DFG hun, because to take the free will, cannot but require overseers to force this on those who, understandably and justifiably, will demand their free will be left the hell alone, and that those seeking to deprive us of it, can go get fucked, drink bleach and die.

Even if such would succeed, and  they insinuate themselves like the noxious parasites they are, government filth cannot be expected to FIX stupid. To do that would require an overseeing force directed against the citizenry, that is not inherently stupid and corrupt in and of itself. Which governments are. Politicians make up governments. Politicians are greedy, venial, corrupt, lying, oleaginous, platitude-spouting, two-faced, fork-tongued greasy-pole-climbing backstabbers and in general, a more repugnant, filthy nest of haploid, cretinous shiteating vipers than one could ever hope never to meet.

Not material for a purpose requiring perfection, that is for damn sure. Hell they can't even get trains to run on time because there were the wrong sort of leaves on the tracks, or the snow fall was composed of the wrong kind of snow.

(Correct me if I am mistaken, but I was under the distinct influence, that on this planet, snow, inherently referred to frozen H2O in a dispersed form? various textures, but all of it dihydrogen monoxide cooled to, or below  0 degrees centigrade. And that the weight of and shape of the wheels of a moving train would squash it flat no matter what fancy shapes the snow crystals take and the friction melt them into ice.

What next? sorry....we have the wrong type of moisture making the tracks the incorrect kind of wet?)

And this, is up to 1/3 services. Cancelled due to bollocks like the wrong kind of leaves fallen on the line. ONE in THREE times, people having to ring their employer and plead for their job, because they cannot get to work, as  the train decided not to run on some pathetic, limp-wristed excuse. Or simply couldn't be fucked turning up at all.

One in three fucking train services, thats appalling. And a massive number. So many people must have lost their jobs due to such governmental incompetence and service/govt both's  sheer laziness. Dumb as a dog shit ice cream cone with gravel and  ground glass  sprinkles  on top.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »
The market was certainly due for a correction but it didn't have to be in this way. The moron in chief doesn't understand (or doesn't care) that what a president does will have consequences.

Now he wants to fire the Fed chief. I do not know that he can do that.

Pretty sure that entity is a separate thing and he has no control over it. I think that was the original point in creating this at first.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »

He knows. He revels in it. Then he blames others for it if it goes wrong.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
I hope your investments are well diversified. Have you noticed that the top forty or more percent of losses are in the top ten most invested stocks?

I check my stock portfolio every other day or so lately, not to be a bitch, but to assuage my concerns that my investment strategist is smart and doing a good job for me. So far he is. He avoided binding me with those top stocks like Apple or banking.

I mean, I am at end game here. What I have is small, but it is all I have. Being retired, it is time for my previous work to work for me.
I have a nice home, almost paid off with enough in short term investments to pay it off if anything bad happens. A few other minor interests, but then I am done.

This turn down of the market has not hurt me at all, yet. The Fed wanting to raise interests rates is a bad thing for me though. It is going to happen soon.

Glad your investments are safer. I am still young enough in the workforce that I don't really have investments. That and...well I don't trust stocks so I have avoided it. Dunno what I'll do, besides keep paying my taxes. If I get a full time job I think I'll reassess. I don't mind being low-income.

I feel like the USD is going to take a nose dive in my lifetime... it worries me.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »

Glad your investments are safer. I am still young enough in the workforce that I don't really have investments. That and...well I don't trust stocks so I have avoided it. Dunno what I'll do, besides keep paying my taxes. If I get a full time job I think I'll reassess. I don't mind being low-income.

I feel like the USD is going to take a nose dive in my lifetime... it worries me.
That is why jumping into silver, gold, copper, zinc, palladium, cobalt or iron makes sense. Even elements which are considered junk from other mining operations like molybdenum. These are all elements needed to build computers, cell phones, solar panels, fancy displays or even modern cars. Hard to go wrong.

It is a many eggs, even more baskets thing.