Arena for the Competitive > Main Event Callouts

Odeon, here is where condescending ideological aggression hits the tarmac

<< < (2/6) > >>

odeon:
That's the problem with you, Al. You produce lots of text but very, very little substance. Your latest efforts here could drive anyone to tears, trying to understand what you actually think about climate change. Me, all I see is still your vague admission of something, somewhere being caused by man. Perhaps. Which is why people reacted and thought you were a climate change (as in caused by man; we're NOT talking about any other change, unless it's required in, say, a comparative statement) denier.

So, again, in your own words (and as few of them as possible), tell us what you actually think about climate change.

odeon:
Oh, and I meant to ask you:

What is the ideology you mention in the subject line?

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: odeon on April 16, 2017, 03:18:20 AM ---That's the problem with you, Al. You produce lots of text but very, very little substance. Your latest efforts here could drive anyone to tears, trying to understand what you actually think about climate change. Me, all I see is still your vague admission of something, somewhere being caused by man. Perhaps. Which is why people reacted and thought you were a climate change (as in caused by man; we're NOT talking about any other change, unless it's required in, say, a comparative statement) denier.

So, again, in your own words (and as few of them as possible), tell us what you actually think about climate change.

--- End quote ---

Let me think about your request....how about ...no? That is right. YOU have made the claims and regardless of what anyone else may or may not think or your inability to appreciate or understand my position, YOU have sought to make claims regardless. Claims that YOU will back up and, no I do not much care for doing things to make it easier for you to do this.

Here is the thing, Odeon, IF you were to have not understood, then the time to get clarification is BEFORE making unsubstantiated claims and BEFORE the callout. You see how this works, don't you? The horse has bolted and I do not need to pander to you and give you a second chance to make different choices. You get to back your positions.

Be specific, Odeon.

--- Quote ---What scientific claims specifically have I said were not true?
Which scientifically proven man-made climate change have I said are incorrect (and be specific)?
Have I said at any stage that Man made climate change is not real?
Which Scientist have I disputed (be specific)?

Any specificity here or are you going to spin your wheels some?
--- End quote ---

If you cannot do THIS much then we can move into whether or not I actually made claims that deny man-made climate change exists at all.

I think you will find that I have not. So this is going to make your case rather difficult regardless of whether I use a few words or a lot. So I am not feeling obliged to help you do so.

Al Swearegen:

--- Quote from: odeon on April 16, 2017, 03:20:09 AM ---Oh, and I meant to ask you:

What is the ideology you mention in the subject line?

--- End quote ---

No harm asking. I will even answer.....as soon as you actually address:

--- Quote ---What scientific claims specifically have I said were not true?
Which scientifically proven man-made climate change have I said are incorrect (and be specific)?
Have I said at any stage that Man made climate change is not real?
Which Scientist have I disputed (be specific)?

Any specificity here or are you going to spin your wheels some?
--- End quote ---

and

--- Quote ---then we can move into whether or not I actually made claims that deny man-made climate change exists at all.

I think you will find that I have not. So this is going to make your case rather difficult regardless of whether I use a few words or a lot.
--- End quote ---

Tit for tat. But it better be more than you simply taking issue with my way of putting myself across. You make the claims and now you back them. For all your condescension you better have something to back what you claimed.

odeon:
Idiot. You still think it's about you disputing a specific scientist? Here's what you need to do:

1. Work on your reading comprehension.
2. Edit your posts.
3. Learn to articulate.

And, of course, stay out of callouts that will embarrass you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version