Educational

Author Topic: Did Hilary encourage Donald Trump to run for president?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
Re: Did Hilary encourage Donald Trump to run for president?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 10:58:43 AM »
Anyone but Hilary. Sanders is better, Cruz is better, and even Trump is better.

I disagree that Trump is better. It's hard to tell what Trump really believes, seeing as there is no real substance to his campaign and he's flip-flopped so many times. He has spoken well of fascists and has an economic plan that will leave us bankrupt.

All true, which is probably why people from other countries are more okay with him than we are.  It's fun to watch your neighbor's house burn down until the flames start to spread.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »

I disagree that Trump is better. It's hard to tell what Trump really believes, seeing as there is no real substance to his campaign and he's flip-flopped so many times. He has spoken well of fascists and has an economic plan that will leave us bankrupt.

He believes strongly in eminent domain   :thumbdn:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

All true, which is probably why people from other countries are more okay with him than we are.  It's fun to watch your neighbor's house burn down until the flames start to spread.
Those flames are spreiding already.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »

Those flames are spreiding already.

Very much :thumbdn: Although I don't blame Trump or America. This has been happening around Europe from before Trump :( He's just the latest demagogue to jump on the bandwagon :thumbdn:

And Britain certainly isn't immune. I'm very disappointed in the direction Britain is taking. I worry that it's becoming a rather racist place :thumbdn:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

I don't know about that. When America sneezes, Australia comes down with the flu.
If you look at any Australian papers online, he is seen very negatively. No airtime is give for any other candidates.

To me? He is trying to be tough, opionated, forceful and arrogant because that is all he has. He has to sell something to the public and it is not experience.

IF he gets in office (and he won't, Hilary will) He would be much more malleable.  He will be surrounded by people telling him how.to President and what to say and how to say it once he is President
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 01:49:14 PM »
And Britain certainly isn't immune. I'm very disappointed in the direction Britain is taking. I worry that it's becoming a rather racist place :thumbdn:

It's no worse than Sweden. Different, maybe, but I can only compare what I see in London and in Gothenburg.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »

I don't know about that. When America sneezes, Australia comes down with the flu.
If you look at any Australian papers online, he is seen very negatively. No airtime is give for any other candidates.

To me? He is trying to be tough, opionated, forceful and arrogant because that is all he has. He has to sell something to the public and it is not experience.

IF he gets in office (and he won't, Hilary will) He would be much more malleable.  He will be surrounded by people telling him how.to President and what to say and how to say it once he is President

Yes, he will. However, he is The Donald, and I'm not certain his arrogance will allow him to be controlled.

This election reminds me of the French election in 2002, where the National Front competed against the corrupt Jaques Chirac.
It gave rise to the famous quote "Vote for the Crook, not the Fascist."

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »

It's no worse than Sweden. Different, maybe, but I can only compare what I see in London and in Gothenburg.

That's my point. I've always seen Sweden as a safe, sane country. What hope do countries like Hungary have, when countries like Sweden, Britain, and The Netherlands are lurching into xenophobia.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 02:29:23 PM »

That's my point. I've always seen Sweden as a safe, sane country. What hope do countries like Hungary have, when countries like Sweden, Britain, and The Netherlands are lurching into xenophobia.

I'm ashamed of my country these days. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2016, 02:31:30 PM »

Me too :'(

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 02:54:28 PM »

He believes strongly in eminent domain   :thumbdn:

You and I are shit, the Donald doesn't give a crap about this country or the people in it, guaranteed.

In Palm Beach they all exist on credit, sit around and try to look pretty, and throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want. They have accountants and financial advisers and probably don't have enough cash to buy a gallon of milk with. Running for president was a good PR move.

Neighbor's son knows him and goes to the parties at Mar-a-Lago.

He's up there trying to play the tough guy...when I doubt he would even last 10 minutes in Walmart.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 03:04:12 PM »

And I'm worried, democracy and freedom of speech are not as secure as they once seemed to be.

In the Netherlands Geert Wilders wants prominent people sacked if they say something negative about his party. (Like a philosopher of politics, who made some remarks not the way Wilders liked them.) That's a "small" thing. The Polish government wants to shut up the constitutional court.

Scary developments.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:19:23 PM by hykeaswell »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »

And I'm worried, democracy and freedom of speech are not as secure as they once seemed to be.

In the Netherlands Geert Wilders wants prominent people sacked if they say something negative about his party. (Like a philosopher of politics, who made some remarks not the way Wilders liked them. That's a "small" thing. The Polish government wants to shut up the constitutional court.

Scary developments.

I am too. I am also worried that Twitter, Facebook, and most media outlets are heavily left leaning and all reporting is done deliberately through this bias.

I say always hear both sides and as neutral as possible.

I do not much care for the left and their trigger warnings, safe spaces, and such.
At the same stage I have no interest in the backwards socially stunted traditionalist of the right.
I want neutrality and equal access. I can work out what amongst what is said is more palatable or intelligent
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »
Yes. Watching the Yanks fuck up is good fun, but right now, I'm more worried about Europe.

Populism and rabid nationalism are on the rise. Hatred of ethnic minorities is getting out of control.

The Conservative government in Britain want are stigmatizing anyone who they feel isn't pulling their weight. If you're disabled or ill in Britain, don't expect the state to help you. The state would rather hound you to death than give a safety net.

To borrow a phrase from my old gran, who just happens to be a bit of a white supremacist :laugh: "The world is going to hell in a handbasket."

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »

In the Netherlands Geert Wilders wants prominent people sacked if they say something negative about his party. (Like a philosopher of politics, who made some remarks not the way Wilders liked them. That's a "small" thing. The Polish government wants to shut up the constitutional court.

Scary developments.

I am too. I am also worried that Twitter, Facebook, and most media outlets are heavily left leaning and all reporting is done deliberately through this bias.

I say always hear both sides and as neutral as possible.

I do not much care for the left and their trigger warnings, safe spaces, and such.
At the same stage I have no interest in the backwards socially stunted traditionalist of the right.
I want neutrality and equal access. I can work out what amongst what is said is more palatable or intelligent

I don't use Twitter or FB as my source of news. But, lots of people seem to do that indeed. Fear has become the thing to play with for politicians, since 9-11. Works like a dream on social media. Playing fear by politicians is something I find scary. More scary than all the dangers they try to make me afraid of.