Educational

Author Topic: I SAVED $120!!!!......By spending $130?  (Read 489 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
I SAVED $120!!!!......By spending $130?
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »
So daughter informed me there was a super special sale for these must have them workout gear.
So bright and early before 7am I was up (after logging off at 3:45am ish) and off to Exhibition Park for a warehouse full off women buying clothes. There was not a lot going on for me in there. I was hardly in the position where it would have been okay checking out the women and I hate shopping and trailing after my daughter so I bailed outside.
There was a small area with table and a stack of chairs and men's magazines. I thought this was a good place to sit and well placed. There was a sign on the wall saying Man space.  :hahaha:
So I got online and talked shit to you guys whilst checking out twitter.
Finally I got up to go and make my way in. I saw my daughter bolting over with three small strips of material that I guess was her outfit/s.
$130.........SHIT!
Was there anything she could put back? Apparently not. Barest minimum I guess.
But on my way back I found out that had I have not gone, such an outfit would have cost $250.
Bloody Hell. $250 for a top, pants and sports bra or some bloody thing.
I think I may have to sell a kidney to get through her teenage years. LOL.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: I SAVED $120!!!!......By spending $130?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
Yep it's crazy Al.
A friend of mine has some crazy expensive designer clothes. Try $1200 for a dress...on sale...and that was probably a cheap one. If I pay that much for something it better wash itself and clean the house.

I have not bought clothes off the rack in years and prefer yard sales or thrift shops.

I do find quite a bit of new stuff/or hardly worn and flip it from time to time.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »
Yep it's crazy Al.
A friend of mine has some crazy expensive designer clothes. Try $1200 for a dress...on sale...and that was probably a cheap one. If I pay that much for something it better wash itself and clean the house.

I have not bought clothes off the rack in years and prefer yard sales or thrift shops.

I do find quite a bit of new stuff/or hardly worn and flip it from time to time.

I was kind of thinking. Okay I will spend maybe $50?  :hahaha:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:13:54 AM »
You need to make sure that she starts earning as early as possible. She'll still have you pay all of the expensive stuff but she might buy some of the cheaper kits herself. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »
Women's clothing is more expensive than men's, and maybe even more so where you live as many things there are imported.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
I consider myself very lucky to have a daughter that is not that into designer stuff,  still the  boys were so much easier to deal with.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »
I consider myself very lucky to have a daughter that is not that into designer stuff,  still the  boys were so much easier to deal with.
I consider myself lucky too.The girls don't give a fuck about fashion  and they like thriftshops.They do have a style of their own. Spending big money only happens on shoes.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 06:49:40 AM »
You need to make sure that she starts earning as early as possible. She'll still have you pay all of the expensive stuff but she might buy some of the cheaper kits herself. :M

Have her apply for a kitchen career   :multitask: :fatchef:   in the retirement home!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 08:17:23 AM »

Have her apply for a kitchen career   :multitask: :fatchef:   in the retirement home!

Since she likes clothes you may want to introduce her to sites like poshmark, or ebay. Places where she can flip stuff once she grows tired of it or grows out of it. It can recoup some of the loss sometimes.

My son isn't too hard on clothes but grows out of them quick, many times last years wardrobe ends up paying for this years wardrobe...and since he knows what brands the kids like he's a great help now at yardsales when he brings me a stack of 5 pairs of hardly worn jeans priced at $1 a pair, that I can flip for $25-35 a pair.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »

Since she likes clothes you may want to introduce her to sites like poshmark, or ebay. Places where she can flip stuff once she grows tired of it or grows out of it. It can recoup some of the loss sometimes.

My son isn't too hard on clothes but grows out of them quick, many times last years wardrobe ends up paying for this years wardrobe...and since he knows what brands the kids like he's a great help now at yardsales when he brings me a stack of 5 pairs of hardly worn jeans priced at $1 a pair, that I can flip for $25-35 a pair.

At least in that respect I may be safe. She stopped growing three years ago

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:50 AM »
God. It wasn't Lorna Jane stuff was it? Leggings from there are usually $70-80 alone. The most I've spent on a proper pair of lycra leggings is $25, and even then for that kinda money I was pissed that it didn't have a zip key pouch in the back waistband :P

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »
God. It wasn't Lorna Jane stuff was it? Leggings from there are usually $70-80 alone. The most I've spent on a proper pair of lycra leggings is $25, and even then for that kinda money I was pissed that it didn't have a zip key pouch in the back waistband :P

It sure was mate, and she is very pleased with her haul

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:55 AM »
i see that i should not have grumbled to pay $15 for sweatpants and $4 for a t-shirt. the sneakers were the most expensive -$30.

I would expect to pay $50 except that I went shopping a lot with my ex and was astounded to find the same sorts of things in women's sizes for up to twice the price I paid. And she had to try everything on because everything was sized differently. I know my size so I go in and buy it, and I am done shopping. Never needed to try things on. However women's equality has trickled down - I bought a pair of jeans and they didn't fit. Went back to the store and each color had been made in a different country and only the washed denim was the actual right size.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 02:12:24 AM »
Well, she is very happy and and I suppose there is benefits in that too

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 03:29:29 AM »
I had no idea that Lorna Jane stuff was so expensive. I haven't gone into their store simply because I am too fat and I don't think they would have my size. A lot of the women at the gym I go to wear Lorna Jane tops and leggings.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae