Educational

Author Topic: MidlifeAspie  (Read 13912 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: MidlifeAspie
« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:45 PM »
The ones with an oily scary voice.
Thinking you might be describing my favorite preacher voice; it's an old time voice which sounds like it's coming from a tin can or over the radio in an isolated place where it's the only station to be found, spouting vehement warnings of the wrath of an angry god. Fervent fist pounding type preaching, in which a mere voice brings along with it a sense of bulging forehead veins and a fine spray of spittle.
I was more thinking of the "new" preacher who got inspired by the sixties. The "wavy" effect of a Hammond organ in his voice, a slight hiss, and talking to the flock in this very "understanding" way, making everyone feel totally uncomfortable, because of mental violation of personal comfort-zone. Preaching love only, but in such a suffocating way that it leaves yucky sensations.
Also enjoy the environment of a large congregation atmosphere with a high spirited evangelical preacher, just not as favorite; though definitely second favorite. It's easy to get lost in the crowd. The electricity generated in the air is truly palpable and makes the hairs stand up on the skin; it's easy to see how others might sense it too and find it to be something meaningful.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2015, 04:16:59 AM »
Thinking you might be describing my favorite preacher voice; it's an old time voice which sounds like it's coming from a tin can or over the radio in an isolated place where it's the only station to be found, spouting vehement warnings of the wrath of an angry god. Fervent fist pounding type preaching, in which a mere voice brings along with it a sense of bulging forehead veins and a fine spray of spittle.
I was more thinking of the "new" preacher who got inspired by the sixties. The "wavy" effect of a Hammond organ in his voice, a slight hiss, and talking to the flock in this very "understanding" way, making everyone feel totally uncomfortable, because of mental violation of personal comfort-zone. Preaching love only, but in such a suffocating way that it leaves yucky sensations.
Also enjoy the environment of a large congregation atmosphere with a high spirited evangelical preacher, just not as favorite; though definitely second favorite. It's easy to get lost in the crowd. The electricity generated in the air is truly palpable and makes the hairs stand up on the skin; it's easy to see how others might sense it too and find it to be something meaningful.
A sensation I recognise from singing psalms and hymns when I was young. Loved that. Still like to sing old psalms and hymns when alone.
The getting lost in an evangelical crowd is a scary thought for me. The creepy factor always outdid the belonging factor, actually, the belonging pressure was the creepy factor.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »
A sensation I recognise from singing psalms and hymns when I was young. Loved that. Still like to sing old psalms and hymns when alone.
The getting lost in an evangelical crowd is a scary thought for me. The creepy factor always outdid the belonging factor, actually, the belonging pressure was the creepy factor.
Part of the preference for the large crowd is because there's less of a likelihood of being directly mistaken as belonging. The creepy factor is the draw and the size of the group certainly lends to that, with the borg drone of massive congregation repeating in unison. It's like sitting in the epicenter of a mass hypnosis while being the only one awake. It's very interesting, exciting, and enjoyably creepy.