Educational

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1439 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 04:37:01 PM »
Welcome to Intensity Kam.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
I am seeking diagnosis of aspergers, will be asking my Gp for a referral on Monday, Kam, but many people are happy with a self diagnosis and do not bother seeking an official one as an adult.

Good luck with that- it can be very hard to get a dx as an adult, but it all depends on where you live I suppose and whether there is a local Dr who can dx adults who also works on the NHS.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »
Hi Kam.  Do you want to be part of the Aspie Elite and get a secret decoder ring?

Graelwyn

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »
I am seeking diagnosis of aspergers, will be asking my Gp for a referral on Monday, Kam, but many people are happy with a self diagnosis and do not bother seeking an official one as an adult.

Good luck with that- it can be very hard to get a dx as an adult, but it all depends on where you live I suppose and whether there is a local Dr who can dx adults who also works on the NHS.

I know there was a research team attached to the university here who dealt with Autism etc, so I am hoping there is someone in the Hampshire area. It is worth a try, I prefer to have an official diagnosis, so I know I am not just pinning myself with something that isn't a fact.

duncvis

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 05:34:02 PM »
Ey up Kam, welcome to Intensity²... as AS/autie community sites go this is the wrong side of the tracks.  >:D  Make yerself at home mate! *passes Kam a welcome virtual beer*

Offline Kam

• one
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 05:47:47 PM »
To Aspies

Just wanted to say thank you for your warm hospitality I hope to have the opportunity to have a nice socialable chit chat with all of you in good time. I'll be arround soon. Bestwishes Kam

ozymandias

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 07:41:54 PM »
Welcome to the seedy little pub on the outskirts of the village.  It's a little raw and sometimes raucous, but, if you want to be yourself and speak your mind and are able to tell someone who steps on your toes to "BACK OFF".  Then you should be at home here.  Just be yourself!  Have a seat, get some popcorn or whatever snack you enjoy and watch the "fur fly".

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:48 AM »
Hello Kam, I hope you like Intensity.
Post some more?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 10:41:58 AM »
here is more pics of him so you can choose your avatar Kam.

Offline apatura_iris

• Conspiracy Theorist of the Aspie Elite
  • Part of the Chaos
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
Greetings :green:.