Author Topic: What are You watching?  (Read 73018 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What are You watching?
« Reply #4080 on: August 22, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »
Endeavor ((pre-Inspector Morse)

I like that series.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4081 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03:52 PM »

I like that series.

I didn't see the Inspector Morse series or the first series of Endeavor so I sure I'm missing some of the nuances.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4082 on: August 23, 2017, 04:15:34 AM »

I like that series.

I didn't see the Inspector Morse series or the first series of Endeavor so I sure I'm missing some of the nuances.

There are nuances, but of all the Morse and Morse spin-offs I like this one the best.

Do like the looks of the main character too. That does make me somewhat biased, maybe.

And the first Morse series now seems very dated when I see it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:27:04 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4083 on: August 23, 2017, 07:15:51 AM »
I liked watching Inspector Morse too.. but only when John Thaw played Morse.

Am now watching 'Raising Hope'.. not really funny (imo) but.. hey.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4084 on: August 23, 2017, 09:40:48 AM »
I'm a sucker for English murder mysteries.  But hey, I'm QV.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4085 on: August 23, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »
The progress in the game I DL'ed again, and nevermind being windows software and knowing crap all about linux, managing to get it running. Jagged alliance 2, remembered playing it years ago and it being a good one, with potential for a long drawn out playability.  Basic theme is a rebel group in a small shitty third world country with a despotic ruler. Have to lead mercenary teams and take on tasks such as freeing towns, those with airports, with hospitals, with mines especially to gain an income and pay for the mercs, and before departing, raising a large millitia surrounding each town to keep control when the government troops attempt to retake it. So far, taken a silver mine after turning the govt. garrison to pink squishy stuff, taken over and reinforced the nearest airport after hiring an additional few entry-level mercenaries, plus a stealth expert packing an MP5 submachinegun, knife, stun grenade and a few other..extras.. and an elite sniper using a long-ranged rifle and carrying both armor-piercing and hollowpoint rounds.

Just had a bit of a nasty battle, some bastard carrying a combat shotgun making it a nightmare to get in close. The sniper managed to wound him but not kill him outright. He made the mistake of charging in to try for cover behind a large rock, only to suddenly realize that behind it on the other side was one of my own with a shotgun loaded with large-caliber shot and the submachinegunner. And promptly both of them got up and filled him with buckshot to the knees from about 3 feet away and his backup emptied the remaining rounds of the submachinepistol into the bugger and finished him off before things got to the point where knives were thrown, stabbed and crowbars swung at heads, after filling the troublesome shotgunner and their trooper with some sort of 9mm automatic, with an armor-piercing load from almost point-blank range whilst the sniper kept them from making for a retreat without taking a round in the head from the sniper. Just recruited another trooper, this one is going to meet up with the 2 squads already working together, strong physically, not too bright, a brawler but a fair shot, might barely be able to slur out a sentence (amusingly and aptly his backstory is he was an ex prison guard given the boot for brutality. Sounds about right for a screw. Mentally about as quick on the uptake as dog crap applied to a wall by grenade launcher and flash-frozen with liquid nitrogen, is your average screw. That said, IMO could count as above average:P)

Soon as this stupid bastard manages to tell his arsehole from his eyesockets and navigate the short duration of travelling time to link up with the strike teams, then its off to bag another mine and raise another defensive army from the civillian presence there to keep it from being retaken. The enemy govt forces have tried it with the taken airport and the mine but all they've managed is to turn green troops into experienced troops and experienced troops into a willing, free, battle-hardened former-civillian garrison, so I'm free to lead my small strike team of elite commando shock-troops to another mine of some kind and repeat the process.

Last time managed to take out a good many of the enemy soldiery by waiting, luring them close to a building to flank the troops hiding behind it, only to have the troops lying prone on the top of the wall to pop a close-range shotgun blast or .357 round in their heads, or dropping down, doing something quick, nasty and quiet with a combat knife and popping back up on the roof, with the 'bait' packing at least a .36 revolver and some hollowpoints, or a pair of desert eagle pistols, which at that kind of close range and firing both at once, tended to be about as subtle as a tank shell up the backside.

Still could REALLY do with some heavy weapons and some longer ranged weapon for the better marksmen on the team, rather than all the sneaking around on all fours in the dark before a madcap charge slugging it out with revolvers, 9mm automatics and .357 pistols, plus the one shotgun wouldn't go amiss with a couple more, for close-in quick and dirty work when somebody just has to go down without getting off a shot; such as those themselves carrying weapons that are likely to inflict a one-pop body count the moment they get their fingers on the trigger. Nothing like a shotgun and solid slug rounds at near point blank range to make sure of that, or buckshot and an attachment to ensure a sawnoff-esque spread of shot from a long barrelled combat shotgun. Close range that makes for a pretty reliable lack of need for backup shooters wasting their valuable time when it could better be used for taking out or suppressing some other troublemakers on open ground, needing the work of a sniper and stealth-master close combat/very accurate support fire once they pop up from nowhere:P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4086 on: August 23, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »
LMFAO! didn't know THAT could happen in-game. Sniper on the roof, tried to get to one of the troops, whilst he didn't know my own best marksman was crouched below and the moment he popped his head over the top of the roof to take a shot, my sniper put a bullet in his head and rather than the dropping I've seen with all other kill-shots to the head, this being at real close range, a couple of steps away from the enemy shooter, put a round right in his face, and gibbed his head in a shower of brain-matter and a spurting arterial gore-fountain before his headless torso dropped off the building into the dirt.

Little swine walked right into a trap I was about to set up, only the moment before I'd finished setting it up, and my marksman spotted him and blew his head open like an overripe tomato being stamped on, and splattering him liberally over the nearby walls in the back alley he was sneaking about on the roof of a building above. Thffft! *splooorsh!* thud*

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4087 on: August 24, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »
Chopped Junior. These kids are amazing.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4088 on: August 25, 2017, 01:27:21 AM »
Chopped junior?

I do hope that doesn't mean anything involving power tools/a blender and the monkeykids :P
j/k of course, I know your nothing like that. But still..that puzzles me as to what you DO mean?

Almost finished capturing the city with the 2nd silver mine, and hospital facilities, in the JA2 game, managed to bag some high-quality armor for almost all the troops, plus a couple of gas masks, pulled from the cold, dead bodies of some govt. army troops, given to one of my close up and person heavy fire support team, and my stealth expert (first guy packing a combat shotgun and a heavy load, with an attached 'duck-bill' type pellet-spreader so at close range it really does, despite the long barrel, punch a big damn hole in anybody unlucky enough to find themselves trying to close in, only to find him lurking just to the side of the door, or lying prone on the edge of a roof, to drop down behind some luckless sod and put one in his head at point blank range. Messy but very effective and armored or not, not much good against a headshot with SSG buckshot from a few inches away :P) and the stealth guy carrying a sniping rifle, shotgun and MP5, whilst the heavy support guy also packs a frag grenade and a .45 caliber uzi/mac 10 type weapon in case spray and pray tactics are called for (you spray, the enemy better pray), perfect for mid-range fighting or at closer ranges putting a full auto burst into somebody that needs finishing off before they have chance to react, or forcing the enemy to keep their heads down, in an attempt to prolong the time it stays attached to their necks instead of being repurposed as a wall hanging that at best could be considered very, very abstract indeed 'modern art' :P )

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #4089 on: August 27, 2017, 05:17:40 AM »
'Zu Tisch in.... ' on ARTE. It shows people living in Southern Switzerland. In mountain villages. Quite peaceful and cozy.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4090 on: September 09, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
Outlander Season 1
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4091 on: September 10, 2017, 01:44:44 AM »
Lucifer, Season 2
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4092 on: September 10, 2017, 06:40:05 AM »
The PR sleeping

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4093 on: September 10, 2017, 06:52:04 AM »
I was watching my computer screen. All day.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4094 on: September 10, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
The PR sleeping

Awwwww, sweet.

Watched my calf sleep yesterday in the middle of the day too. Treat of the day.  :laugh: