Author Topic: Gays  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
Re: Gays
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »
zippo - my mum and step dad are married and are both atheist. How is that religious then?

"just like with a lot of gays."

^ this just exposes your bigotry imo. What you would realise, if you weren't homophobic, would be that it's not "just with a lot of GAYS," it's "just with a lot of PEOPLE." Gay people are no different to anyone else in that way. They're no better or worse

but dont you think your taking that a little out of context, sure my wording may have been a little off but we are talking about gay people here, not every person on the planet. maybe i could have said "just like with a lot of gay people" then instead. i dont know, my intentions were not to label them as something not-huma
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:29:46 AM by Zippo »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Gays
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2011, 03:22:34 AM »
I think not saying "faggot" doesnt make someone overly sensitive. I think there are just some things left unsaid. Id never call anyone a faggot, or a nigger, or a kyke something like that. There is no reason to. It would only show my own ignorance. I can see how it desensitizes people to the word but being part of the problem doesnt help.

I think calling someone an asshole or a cunt is much better. leaves the butthurtness out of it. It means you are calling THEM a name, not an entire group of people.

I understand what you're getting at. However I see the very act of making such a distinction an discriminatory act in itself which empowers the word to be offensive. I've realised that when thinking about it, the derogetory words are not describing actual groups of people literally, but rather is a cruel satire of the cultural stereotypes of how bigots see those groups of people being as. Also, I'll add that while I do say such derogetory words as generic insults and piss taking the concept of their offensiveness; I do naturally refrain from saying them when I know the person/community is likely to misunderstand my motives.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:34:01 AM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.