Educational

Author Topic: Gays  (Read 6346 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Gays
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
I am always amazed at how quickly these types of threads gather guests.  4 of them up there right now.  How does the word get out???  :autism:

Osensitive1

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »
They are hot specimens of men.
All of the colored panties are pretty too.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
Never really got on with Gluey. She had a major problem with me in 2007, after I called her out on being an ass after Sophie died, just becasue she had called her a Cunt on zomg. She does seem like an attention whore herself and seems to try too much to be "hard", maybe becasue she was very whiny/sensitive in the past?

If it's a joke then I don't get it myself - the posts are too long. A simple one line bigot-response to a thread like this is better if youre taking the piss. If it's genuine then I kinda feel sorry for them.

The only things I can really be arsed saying are:

1. sexual orientation isn't a choice

2. not all gays are the same - there are attention-whoring people both straight and gay

3. when people say "born this way" it doesn't mean they came out wanting a cock in their mouth; it means it was always predetermined (hormonally?) that they would be gay/straight/bi/trans

4. marriage does not have to be religious

5. there are many non-religious reasons for getting married, including legal rights

6. zippo claims to be insulting someone because said person is an "idiot" and not because they're gay, yet has just  spent several paragraphs complaining about millions of people, just because they are gay. weird

7. There's no reason to care what someone's sexual orientation (or sex or gender identity) is unless you want to have sex with them yourself. otherwise, it can only stem from insecurities about your own sexuality or masculinity/femininity imo

eris

« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2011, 06:27:18 PM »
I think Glueys main problem is that she thinks it's like a "herd mentality " or something, that they are doing it for attention

if this were 20 years ago i doubt she would feel the same

I think they are both naive and dumb

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »
I think Glueys main problem is that she thinks it's like a "herd mentality " or something, that they are doing it for attention

if this were 20 years ago i doubt she would feel the same

I think they are both naive and dumb

:agreed:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
I think they have little personal experience with it they do live in a somewhat sleepy part of Canada. Most of what they know is more than likely from the media and internet which gives a rather skewed view of it all.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
I think excuses like that are fair enough when the person is still in school. But once you're in your twenties you should be able to look at these things logically.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
Some people take longer and if they don't wish to look they will never see
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »
wow

ok, finished reading this thread

gluey has some MAJOR fucking issues huh. saying it's not natural or normal and stuff. And zippos just doesnt make much sense at all, like he is reporting what his dad told him or something.

I bet they dont even know gay people, they are talking about some movie or something, cause it's like im reading something from godhatesfags or something

I mean she even said the word FAGGOT like 5 times

wow. issues

Gluey, you reading this ? well, you think you're so punk rock, well, bigotry isnt very punk rock.

I use the word faggot on occassion online, it's part of chanspeak.

But eh, if you get angry with someone with political incorrect views and hound them on the issue, it'll only further alienate them. I know I'd be pissed if someone told me what I should and shouldn't say due to context, patronizing and belittling me without providing a sensible and rational argument. A polite correction if done right should suffice, instead of screaming IGNORANCE and BIGOT towards them.

I guess I think differently because I rather try to form understanding of things on my own; instead of being dictated by others by belittlement and claims of ignorance if I refuse to follow their beliefs. I use to be homophobic, but over time I learned how to simulate the empathy of people under such circumstances and realise that there was nothing to be concerned about. The issue is totally irrelevant and doesn't compromise the integrity of that person in any way. However, I find the notion of overly parading excess pride on one's sexuality rather obnoxious, as sexuality shouldn't be seen as some kind of trophy to have, it's merely a natural function. In fact, the issues of sexuality would be an non-existent if pride along with fear and hatred were eliminated from the social environment altogether.

TL;DR: Stop giving a shit about sexuality, it's really a non-issue to not be concerned about. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:39:17 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
There annoying. I accept the fact they exist but the attention whoreism is the worst ever. They bitch about being misunderstood when they got their own danm fucking following.

I'm a homophobe becuase I co-exist with them and dont really care in order to not be a homophobe you have to
LOVE THEM. Heavily embrace what isn't normal. it just confuses young people inot "sticking up for the little guy"

My friend would brag about going to Gay Pride and than when I was over I looked through her high school yearbook and went "I used to know that girl in highschool!" and my freind said "Yeah she has o freinds and people were mean to her....than she got fat...shes really depressed in stuff"

This is why gay people fucking outrage me. Attention whorism is what really makes my blood boil. ts made my blood boil so much I decided to stop writing zines about my multiple diagnossis and using my "differenes". I had a lot of art and poerty but it was mostly full of sob stories. Still gonna write zines but not make it into a one way ticket to the victim express. Stopped being a burger ass.

The victim bandwagon makes me fucking sick. There are people who actually are weak. Actually are pathetic and are in need of sympathy than some faggot bitchingg about a Dire Straits song. Weak Shallow and greedy.
Capitalise off being a faggot.

I  am different and misunderstood but fuck! I healthy, got a family who loves me a couple good freinds, a warm house with a BEACH FRONT were currently renting from freinds, having a dad help me build a skid platform cause I want my own space for the summer, food in my belly, basic luxuries, a couple of good freinds, quite a few aquiaces...... yes I rant and complain a lot but at least im not making everything politically correct.

.....it's not enough. I'm going to get the government to get on Encyclopaedia  Dramaticas ass and smash down their cruel articles on "aspergers" "Women" "Red Heads" "ADHD" "Punk rock music" im gonna cry. wah.

::)

Thanks for that delightful piece of ignorant rambling , clearly the pair of you haven't yet realised the fact that stereotypes are bullshit , I am gay and i'm confident with my sexuality , I make jokes about it , sure , I am open about it? sure.

Will you accuse this of being attention whoring? mm probably.  :zoinks:

i honestly did not think of you to be an attention whore. i quite enjoy your company and i honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if your gay. your do not use any of the behaviours i listed and thus i have no reason to be pissed off with you. just like with a lot of gays.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

eris

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »

I think that's a little different.

I'd first like to say, I think saying it at ALL is pretty dumb, and I dont have a lot of respect for people who dont filter themselves of that, and I wouldn't do it,

but you're saying "Faggot " as in " you are dumb for some reason"

She said "faggot" meaning " degenerate abnormal homosexual"

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
Never really got on with Gluey. She had a major problem with me in 2007, after I called her out on being an ass after Sophie died, just becasue she had called her a Cunt on zomg. She does seem like an attention whore herself and seems to try too much to be "hard", maybe becasue she was very whiny/sensitive in the past?

If it's a joke then I don't get it myself - the posts are too long. A simple one line bigot-response to a thread like this is better if youre taking the piss. If it's genuine then I kinda feel sorry for them.

The only things I can really be arsed saying are:

1. sexual orientation isn't a choice

2. not all gays are the same - there are attention-whoring people both straight and gay

3. when people say "born this way" it doesn't mean they came out wanting a cock in their mouth; it means it was always predetermined (hormonally?) that they would be gay/straight/bi/trans

4. marriage does not have to be religious

5. there are many non-religious reasons for getting married, including legal rights

6. zippo claims to be insulting someone because said person is an "idiot" and not because they're gay, yet has just  spent several paragraphs complaining about millions of people, just because they are gay. weird

7. There's no reason to care what someone's sexual orientation (or sex or gender identity) is unless you want to have sex with them yourself. otherwise, it can only stem from insecurities about your own sexuality or masculinity/femininity imo

as for 2. i know that, some piss me off but many do not... i have spent quite a few nights at a gay couples house. when i was in my last foster home. respite and all. they were very nice and i enjoyed there company greatly. they never pulled "because im gay" they did not want to get married, they did agreed with my pet peeves about the subject honestly.

3. well if people say "born this way" i take them literally on it, i can accept it was hormonally chosen for them but i honestly dont know my own sexuality (if i even have one? (is not having one is even possible at 18?)

4. in my opinion it is a religious thing.

5. that may be true and if legalitys are the reason then i will accept that, but for love. no.

6 i insult them because i dont like the behaviours that were being displayed and were mentioned in the first line of the paragraph, not because there simply gay"

7. i agree, i just was asked my opinion and i gave it.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2011, 11:26:38 PM »

I think that's a little different.

I'd first like to say, I think saying it at ALL is pretty dumb, and I dont have a lot of respect for people who dont filter themselves of that, and I wouldn't do it,

but you're saying "Faggot " as in " you are dumb for some reason"

She said "faggot" meaning " degenerate abnormal homosexual"

It's ironic because I don't exactly desire people who are overtly politically correct when it comes to words. I feel the notion of attaching such strong emotions to words empowers them, and by using them all the time for more casual banter, it devalues the word's impact to render its original purpose meaningless. Not to mention, either way, new words will emerges to fill the void of derogetory terms anyway (and are usually provided by the politically correct mob as well; for instance, one day "special needs" will become a derogetory term), so it's a lose-lose situation.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:32:59 PM by ProfessorFarnsworth »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

eris

« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »
I think not saying "faggot" doesnt make someone overly sensitive. I think there are just some things left unsaid. Id never call anyone a faggot, or a nigger, or a kyke something like that. There is no reason to. It would only show my own ignorance. I can see how it desensitizes people to the word but being part of the problem doesnt help.

I think calling someone an asshole or a cunt is much better. leaves the butthurtness out of it. It means you are calling THEM a name, not an entire group of people.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »
zippo - my mum and step dad are married and are both atheist. How is that religious then?

"just like with a lot of gays."

^ this just exposes your bigotry imo. What you would realise, if you weren't homophobic, would be that it's not "just with a lot of GAYS," it's "just with a lot of PEOPLE." Gay people are no different to anyone else in that way. They're no better or worse

Professor - gay "pride" is not about being proud as if it's an achievment or inherently better than being straight; it's about not being ASHAMED. If homophobia and intolerance towards gays didn't exist then there would be no such thing as gay pride. that's what pride means in that context : "fuck you, I am not ashamed of being gay and you can shove it up your ass." That's what it's about, not "wow look at me, I'm gay and so much better than you", which a lot of people misinterpret it as. Obviously SOME gay people have that attitude, but so do people of all types.