Author Topic: Get the fuck in here, possum.  (Read 11404 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Get the fuck in here, possum.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »
You guys are being a bit sensitive

The boogeyman touched me.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
Right. So it would seem that possum's main stance is that i'm nothing but a bully, and I try to make people feel stupid for disagreeing with me. Mkay.

Rich FTW!

Well, I found it amusing.

I would find it amusing if that wasn't all this woman did.

It's boring when a person repeats him or herself over and over? (and over and over and over and over and over?)

Yeah. I'm the one making fun of people here. I'm totally not attempting to understand the world around me through debate, and at the same time offer solutions to problems when I see them.

:dick: :oooh: :nomakened:  :anal: :afterglow:

Rage       Lit        Rage/Lit .................................

Repeat ad nauseum

Right. People agreeing or reaching a mutual understanding is AWFUL! Especially when they agree about something you don't like. The above quote is the correct way to address problems, and totally not the bullying Possum accuses ME of.

I don't believe the tea party will win this war. they don't have the votes in the senate, the only house they control is the house.

So, one of two things will happen.

1. the government will shut down
2. or obamacare will be inacted

Harry Reid will gut the provision in it that defunds Obamacare which in turn will make the Budget Null that congress passed, so the Government will shut down.

Or atleast that's how I understand it, I could be wrong.

Obamacare will be enacted regardless of governmental shutdown.  80% of the funds used for Obamacare are mandatory spending not subject to Congressional appropriations.  That's where this fight becomes really stupid, as it literally cannot be won.

The problem is not really the affordable care act, even though I think its flawed. The problem is the fact that our president is a king.

Wrong thread

Again like I said earlier, this is not debate, nor constructive criticism. This is not an attempt to play ball with anyone, and these cryptic, snarky remarks are the vast majority of Possum's posts. They aren't only directed at me either. Lets continue..

I'm not convinced body language or facial expression is useful.

Aspergers

See?

Sounds rather meaningless from my viewpoint

Your viewpoint seems pretty absolute from where i'm standing, girl. Not that i'm saying that's awful or anything, but when it includes the me being a bully when your own behavior more closely resembles that label, I suggest you rethink your viewpoint.

I think it's pretty common

I think it's urban legend

I think you're full of shit.

I don't think anyone cares

Right here I was obviously standing up to her snide attitude, she immediately resorts to "nobody cares".

You like sparking conversation? no? I think thats what she is doing, I might be wrong but to me is the same thing. Sparking conversation
 ;)

Pffff! Its not the same. She does it inadvertently in order to act on things she believes in without confirmation.

You know nothing.  You are not nearly as smart as you think you are.   :hahaha:

Yeah, I was supposed to be the one insulting people's intelligence according to her. Hmph.  :zoinks:

Don't see what the fuss is about.

Me neither. Usual American habit of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Do you really want to know? Really? Once you understand, there is no going back.

Others use memes on here, but when I do it theres a problem.  :orly:

I'm a whatnow?

A consummate bachelor.

That's what they used to call gay men, and lifetime virgins

When I call people fags its horrible, but when she does it theres nothing wrong.

I asked possum a question and you spam. Wtf?

Sorry, I must have missed it.  Rage's spam takes up 80% of this site now  :wanker:

See here, I was answering a question posed to me by Dirt Dawg. A legitimate answer to a legitimate question. The nature of his question required a substantial amount of quotes. Jags calls it spam because I posted it, and then Possum leaps in and takes it to the next level, claiming I have spammed the site and now dominate 80% of information within.

Debate.  It doesn't mean what you think it does  :autism:

I call her out on her dodgings, claiming I am attempting to debate. She again insults my intelligence, claiming I don't know anything about debating because she doesn't like what I have to say.

I see you are continuing to stand up for the guy who publicly humiliates you.  One reads about these kinds of relationships, but watching them actually play out is sad.   :(

Talking about something between me and my girlfriend. She couldn't possibly understand the scope of our relationship, but she gets devisive, and attempts to instill negative feelings for me within DFG. Totally not bullying.

Of course it's my opinion.  What else would it be?  Do you think such things exist in "reality"?  That somewhere there is some authority that will certify you as a bully, and until such authority has spoken you are off the hook?

You are a loudmouthed high school bully, snapping towels in the locker room and generally feeling superior to everyone around you, on a chat forum I might add, because you feel like an abject failure out in the real world.

Yes, this is my opinion and I am entitled to it.  Your own opinion of yourself has been made very apparent, and I don't care what it is.

Of course she is entitles to her opinion, and I to mine. Tried explaining that, but to no avail.

I'm saying we should make it a lot more difficult to stockpile everything of value.

That has nothing at all to do with anything that I was saying

Of course it doesn't, I was on topic. She was attempting to derail. On purpose. Not bullying though right? :zoinks:

Gold certainly has a massive use-consumer electronics. Gold is extremely conductive, and is used as such sometimes such as for computer boards where speed is of importance. And whilst pricy, silver is actually THE most conductive metal.

Its not as commonly useful as things like food though.

Much easier to store, stockpile and trade though.

I'll invest in silver, you can invest in eggs and milk  :hahaha:

::)

I was arguing that food may be a superior base for currency than silver, Possum.

Food is a commodity, not a currency  :tard:

Another cryptic statement with no explanation, no rebuttal, no contribution.

Yeah this is just a tiny sample of what I was talking about. I just wanted to call her out and dispel this disillusionment, but she doesn't show up of course. She constantly implies I am a bully and an abusive person, and while I may not be gentle or even reasonable at times, I care. I DO offer rebuttals. I DO offer explanations. I TRY to understand other points of view and contribute to the bigger picture.

From my point of view that is in no way bullying. I think possum is the bully, going around sniping at people, rubbing her chin and leering at them when they share an opinion. That is where I stand, folks.

"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:35 PM »
*Gently pats rage on the back*

Tea? :tea:

Perhaps Possum doesn't care half as much about what she says as you do...she may have forgot there's a person on the other end of the internet.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »

Perhaps Possum doesn't care half as much about what she says as you do...she may have forgot there's a person on the other end of the internet.

Its cool man. I only posted that stuff because I said I would yesterday. I'm quite aware this woman doesn't give two shits, and that was mostly my point. I actually do, and it bugged me that other people were buying into her bullshit statements about me being a bully.

Jags is also mildly guilty of this, but I've already tried to speak with him about it several times with similar results. Excuse the fuck out of me for having a human heart, folks.  ::)

she may have forgot there's a person on the other end of the internet

I think this is actually a widespread social problem nowadays, and its not an "internet" problem either. ;)
I will never stop...

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »

Its cool man. I only posted that stuff because I said I would yesterday. I'm quite aware this woman doesn't give two shits, and that was mostly my point. I actually do, and it bugged me that other people were buying into her bullshit statements about me being a bully.

Jags is also mildly guilty of this, but I've already tried to speak with him about it several times with similar results. Excuse the fuck out of me for having a human heart, folks.  ::)

she may have forgot there's a person on the other end of the internet

I think this is actually a widespread social problem nowadays, and its not an "internet" problem either. ;)

Sorry Rage.

I don't mean to crash the party but tho one seems to be over

We should really do a call out here. You know going hard at it. Piling on the shit and letting it fly. I reckon you would be an awesome opponent.
Problem is I really don't know any position you hold that I am fiercely against.
I think the only two there is ny kind of REAL separation is gun laws and I am Meh-ish about. The other both you and PPK I disagree on and that is Muslims, but even then...not a big one for me truth be told. It is like people in Australia saying they hate Aboriginals I kind of half-sigh and go "OK"

If you want a decent call out though, I am happy to help but I not only like you but more importantly, get you. I can fight against people I like easy enough (see Odeon and PMSElle) but I find it quite a bit harder to fight against someone I agree with.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »
Yeah me too man. I'll try and keep an eye out for something I disagree with you about, because I really can't think of one right now. :LOL:
I will never stop...

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
I hate double standards too. Mc Jagger owes Rage an apology. Right now!

How is it "ok" for Possum to say that shit? She then calls him a bully for responding. :thumbdn:

She does not look 19 like it says on her profile. Maybe 20 years ago...
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »
Yeah me too man. I'll try and keep an eye out for something I disagree with you about, because I really can't think of one right now. :LOL:

Yeah man for sure. I will too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
she may have forgot there's a person on the other end of the internet.

Or perhaps she's just one of those people who doesn't take the internet seriously.  Which of course is hard to deal with, since the internet is SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS but what can you do?  A wise man once told me that if I stopped expecting people to do what I wanted, I would stop being disappointed when they didn't.  At that moment I felt a lot better about all the people I'd never gotten to see naked. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
Rage may be of the same old school mindset as me but  can not talk for him. What I can say is that on I2 (However silly or irrelevant anyone else thinks it is) we all effectively signed up to the terms at www.intensitysquared.com every time we log on. So whether we think it is meaningful or immature or too much of  case of internets is serious business or whatever, we are obliged to pick up the sword when it arises
By all means laugh it off or dismiss it out of hand if you choose, and maybe you are right, maybe it means nothing. Maybe the foundations of this forum mean little or even this forum itself.....but I say to me at least, here IF you have a problem you call the opponent out and you put your best foot forward and you defend your point of view because you consider it worthy. No more to consider than that.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
Its cool man. I only posted that stuff because I said I would yesterday.
Thanks, Rage. Good show. At least this thread now has some sense of where you're coming from, and I agree you have a just point of contention. I find it admirable that you even care to sort it out. I hope she responds to you.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline conlang returns

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • I'm a fox UwU
    • My twitter
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
Rage may be of the same old school mindset as me but  can not talk for him. What I can say is that on I2 (However silly or irrelevant anyone else thinks it is) we all effectively signed up to the terms at www.intensitysquared.com every time we log on. So whether we think it is meaningful or immature or too much of  case of internets is serious business or whatever, we are obliged to pick up the sword when it arises
By all means laugh it off or dismiss it out of hand if you choose, and maybe you are right, maybe it means nothing. Maybe the foundations of this forum mean little or even this forum itself.....but I say to me at least, here IF you have a problem you call the opponent out and you put your best foot forward and you defend your point of view because you consider it worthy. No more to consider than that.

That's a very eloquent defense.  To be sure, I do feel like I have connected with people on the internets, and off of it too, and in both cases sometimes things don't go according to plan, and distressingly so.  Groups of people can have their own individual character as well, and when someone joins who doesn't seem to respect that identity, it can make things difficult.  But, to head off this thread of the discussion, I'm not sure it's settled that that is what has happened here.  Has she been PM'd?  Perhaps she has email notifications.  Or perhaps not. 

Student's creed: everything is due, and nothing is submitted

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
Its cool man. I only posted that stuff because I said I would yesterday.
Thanks, Rage. Good show. At least this thread now has some sense of where you're coming from, and I agree you have a just point of contention. I find it admirable that you even care to sort it out. I hope she responds to you.  :thumbup:

No problem. I may be the tough love type, but I do care about others, and try my best to communicate with them and understand their point of view. Since I make this effort, I tend to expect some of that in return.
I will never stop...

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
I haven't responded to a single callout, and I find the concept a bit childish, as I've said before.
What needs to be said will be said normally, this kind of duel only works if both participants agree that its a splendid idea.

^this  :clap:

A callout is like an invitation to dance. Just because someone enjoys flirting, doesn't mean they want to waltz.  :M

True Story^

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
I haven't responded to a single callout, and I find the concept a bit childish, as I've said before.
What needs to be said will be said normally, this kind of duel only works if both participants agree that its a splendid idea.

^this  :clap:

A callout is like an invitation to dance. Just because someone enjoys flirting, doesn't mean they want to waltz.  :M

True Story^

True story on another site, maybe. This is intensity, and when people make an account here they have to agree to some terms. Hell, even bfore they get to the site they have to pass through a "warning" page which is essentially also agreeing to some terms.

There are no fucking protected classes here, so quit trying to engineer them. I'll destroy that any time I see anyone building it, and i'll do it without mercy.
I will never stop...