Author Topic: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.  (Read 5949 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »
What don't you hate?

Why do you feel that you are demonstrating a hard working demeanor when you are constantly pointing your finger at others.
I just pointed a finger and boy, could I use a nap.  :hahaha:

What's wrong with letting others live the best way they know how?
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
Rage, why do you advocate rape?

Dexter, why do you insist that I advocate rape for refusing to be a part of a movement that says someone can rape without touching a person?

Its balls to the wall fucktarded, dude. These types of movements used to mean something positive, but now its just a bunch of assholes living cushy lives who experience some momentary discomfort because they made bad choices, and need a "movement" to help absolve them of responsibility and put it on someone else.

If some chick whips out a tit at a concert in front of a bunch of horny dudes, shes making a very idiotic choice and placing herself in danger.

Same as if a guy pulled his pants down and bent over at a fucking gaybar. Wtf do you think is going to happen? Chances are some dude or chick'll cop a feel. Rape? No. The consequences of someone being a fucking idiot.

You have a hard time sensing sarcasm.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
You got a well thought out reply....well, a reply.  Lol
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
No. Feminism is not in the interests of men. At its best it may have some side benefits for men but that is not its focus. At worse it is diametrically opposed to interests of men.
Its bullshit to suggest it is for all of us or that there is an equivalent.
Feminism is NOT human rights as human rights are for humans and feminism is for women.
That is not to say all aspects of feminism are bad or all proponents of feminism (feminists) are bad. It is not so.
Were it not for the feminism my girl would not have the opportunities and ability to be able to confidently be an independent woman in the world.
Not everything that feminism touches is good, not all feminist are asking for equal rights...many go further or simply seek to make a noise.

Feminism to me is like religion, you can certainly find good things done in its name or good people who are strident feminists. The same could be said of religion and the religious. Those who buy into the "holiness" of feminism and the "truth" of it are buying into bullshit

Women are humans...right?

The trend is to include all genders, which is why it's turning out to be like a civil rights/human rights thingy. There are human rights: which include rights for women, right for children, rights for indigenous, etc etc.

I find the name "feminism" to be...divisive and unnecessary. And it often is used as a banner for extremists...people who only want to make noise...etc. It also has a tendency towards attacking certain cultures over others.

Correct. Women are humans. Not that there was the need to ask that was there? Not that what I said put it into question,right?
It is not just the name that is divisive. It you re amed the philosophies and values, they would still be divisive.
It is fine to take issue with extremists, but that is like not blaming the Catholic Church on its problems and calling it an issue with a few "bad priests"
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
No. Feminism is not in the interests of men. At its best it may have some side benefits for men but that is not its focus. At worse it is diametrically opposed to interests of men.
Its bullshit to suggest it is for all of us or that there is an equivalent.
Feminism is NOT human rights as human rights are for humans and feminism is for women.
That is not to say all aspects of feminism are bad or all proponents of feminism (feminists) are bad. It is not so.
Were it not for the feminism my girl would not have the opportunities and ability to be able to confidently be an independent woman in the world.
Not everything that feminism touches is good, not all feminist are asking for equal rights...many go further or simply seek to make a noise.

Feminism to me is like religion, you can certainly find good things done in its name or good people who are strident feminists. The same could be said of religion and the religious. Those who buy into the "holiness" of feminism and the "truth" of it are buying into bullshit

Women are humans...right?

The trend is to include all genders, which is why it's turning out to be like a civil rights/human rights thingy. There are human rights: which include rights for women, right for children, rights for indigenous, etc etc.

I find the name "feminism" to be...divisive and unnecessary. And it often is used as a banner for extremists...people who only want to make noise...etc. It also has a tendency towards attacking certain cultures over others.

Correct. Women are humans. Not that there was the need to ask that was there? Not that what I said put it into question,right?
It is not just the name that is divisive. It you re amed the philosophies and values, they would still be divisive.
It is fine to take issue with extremists, but that is like not blaming the Catholic Church on its problems and calling it an issue with a few "bad priests"

I honestly don't know enough about the feminist "church" to criticise it. It was my impression the term could be used by anyone advocating women's human rights, and in general, rights having to do with gender- and since everyone is a gender...

lol. I am not familiar with the more popular notions of feminism...I never considered it "institutionalized".

All I have to say is...if women want to walk around topless, let them. :D
 :bounce:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »
Men fear feminism because they are afraid to lose special birthrights that gender bestows.  I say up with women.  Thank to religion and make fear they have been kept down far too long.
I believe, what best for others is also best for me.  I have no desire to keep anyone in their place.
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
What place are womyn confined to?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »
Property!

Still are in much of the world.  Not taken seriously much in the rest.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »
Men fear feminism because they are afraid to lose special birthrights that gender bestows.  I say up with women.  Thank to religion and make fear they have been kept down far too long.
I believe, what best for others is also best for me.  I have no desire to keep anyone in their place.

Some men do and some men don't, bit generalist.
I don't. I know that without feminism, I would likely be looking at a time when my little girl would effectively be depends t on a husband and unable to follow her own dreams.
It was because of feminism that her rights are given social standing.
I have also seen and experienced a not so nice causal effect of feminism.
So , no feminism is like any other movement. There ate many different agenda, faces and outcomes and not all social outcomes are "good for me".....especially if you are male
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 11:24:49 PM »
Why does there need to be the focus on the feminine gender?  Why can't you say you are for gender equality?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 04:10:08 AM »
As a little girl i heard about Emiline Pankhurst and the Suffragettes movement. 'Wow' i thought when i heard of how they handcuffed themselves to Downing st, and how they got arrested. 

They were hero status for a time.  *the suffragettes fought for women*

and then i grew up and read the books for myself.   :'(

I was gutted to learn that actually they were only interested in obtaining the vote for certain types of women.  That is women with status and women with money.  They were not interested in elevating women in general.  They were only interested in furthering themselves and those women who enjoyed upper class status.

They were quickly knocked off the pedestal.   It was disappointing.   :grrr:
blah blah blah

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 07:03:33 AM »
What don't you hate?

Why do you feel that you are demonstrating a hard working demeanor when you are constantly pointing your finger at others.
I just pointed a finger and boy, could I use a nap.  :hahaha:

What's wrong with letting others live the best way they know how?

I don't hate freedom and equality. I do hate selfish tyrants.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 07:07:20 AM »
As a little girl i heard about Emiline Pankhurst and the Suffragettes movement. 'Wow' i thought when i heard of how they handcuffed themselves to Downing st, and how they got arrested. 

I was gutted to learn that actually they were only interested in obtaining the vote for certain types of women.  That is women with status and women with money.  They were not interested in elevating women in general.  They were only interested in furthering themselves and those women who enjoyed upper class status.

the best way to move coward is by putting one foot in from of the other and repeat.

Change always seems to happen slowly. IMHO, if they were interested in the vote for the privileged class of women then they were putting one foot in front of the other. 
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 07:33:48 AM »

the best way to move coward is by putting one foot in from of the other and repeat.

Change always seems to happen slowly. IMHO, if they were interested in the vote for the privileged class of women then they were putting one foot in front of the other.

Maybe.  I tend to think if they had the balls to do what they did anyway,  they could easily have extended their demands if that was what they really wanted.  I do not believe they really wanted this.   :thumbdn:  boo  hiss
blah blah blah

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
My main political issue is workers rights.

I believe the main nemeses to workers rights is the exploitation of labor by capitalism practiced to its nth degree. I see major retailers as the #1 target on my hit list.  All down the supply chain they exploit workers and demand this through their buying power and market share.

Walmart (Asda for you) is the biggest of the big.  And it is their business model that others need to consider if they wish to compete. 
Now, I'd love to see them all fall and emerge in their place the "mom and pop" store.

Even though I think that Target, Hobby Lobby, Staples, etc should all fall I concentrate my efforts on Walmart.  They, to me, are an appropriate first step.  Watch them fall and see labor rise, IMHO. 
So I snipe.  I make correlations between their customers and fat people, short-sided people and lazy, etc.  small steps.  I try to convince one person at a time, through shame or reasoned debate not to shop there.
If that first step is ever accomplished I will move on to Target for instance.

Every step I toppling the system is ok.  Therefore I support feminism because I am anti status quo.
Misunderstood.