Author Topic: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.  (Read 5956 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I need feminism/the men's coalition because I am a fucking coward.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
It sounds funny because its true.  ;)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
It's the rage from you.  The fear from others.  I find it funny.
Misunderstood.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »
It's the rage from you.  The fear from others.  I find it funny.
Lost me there, bro.
I will never stop...

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
Men are afraid that their birthright is being taken away....and it is.  :hahaha:
The  :bounce: are winning.

The idea that men have a birthright (that women lack) in our society is a delusion. We're not talking about the Islamic world here.

So are you going to answer my question? Or are you just going to dodge?

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »
Albert, I admire your fight.  Even your meager success.  It's just that the women's coalition is winning the battle.  Men are, a.) paying for the sins of their father and b.) not united.

I wish the best for women, just like you.  And I hope that I am never in the situation where I am fighting for the right to see my kid.

Ok, good. So there is a battle going on, and they may or may not be winning (which is irrelevant).

The relevant question to ask is what is the battle exactly?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
Men AND women have a birthright to freedom as long as its not infringing on the freedom of everyone else like a fucking tyrant. Which modern feminists/masculinists/atheismplussers, all those fucking disgusting fools do. So do lazy fucks that think they are entitled to anything they desire, paid for with the blood sweat and tears of others. TYRANTS. I HATE THEM. Every breath they take is an assault to humanity!
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
Oh. I was just fantasizing about punching Richard Carrier in the fucking face. Ahhhh. Pleasant. Oh yes.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:55:24 PM by RageBeoulve »
I will never stop...

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Walmart fucking loves the women's movement, though.  It effectively doubled the workforce, making wages decrease and destroyed union influence due to the princple of supply/demand.
good point.

What precipitated the women's movement?  Lesbians?

Or irresponsible, entitled males?

The decrease in child mortality rates due to sanitation, vaccination, and antibiotics have allowed women to have more spare time in their adulthood. Because of modern medicine, they do not have to spend time caring for sick children or give birth to more children if their one of children died.  As a result, they now have potential for becoming more than a baby making machine.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 04:18:22 PM »
Walmart fucking loves the women's movement, though.  It effectively doubled the workforce, making wages decrease and destroyed union influence due to the princple of supply/demand.
good point.

What precipitated the women's movement?  Lesbians?

Or irresponsible, entitled males?

The decrease in child mortality rates due to sanitation, vaccination, and antibiotics have allowed women to have more spare time in their adulthood. Because of modern medicine, they do not have to spend time caring for sick children or give birth to more children if their one of children died.  As a result, they now have potential for becoming more than a baby making machine.

If men hadn't researched and invented ways to improve medicine and birth, women would be stuck having baby after baby and dying. They are truly indebted to men. All hail men.

:fatchef:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »
Men are afraid that their birthright is being taken away....and it is.  :hahaha:

The idea that men have a birthright (that women lack) in our society is a delusion. We're not talking about the Islamic world here.

boy, you are an impatient git aren't you?

April 9th marked the 59th anniversary of the equal pay act.  Still women earn .77 to every mans $1.00
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/women-and-equal-pay-wage-gap_n_3038806.html

That means everything.  You were born a male, and statistically speaking you will make a couple hundred thousand more dollars in your life than a woman who works as much and has the same education.
Compound that inequity by the amount you will also receive in retirement from SS due to the amount more that you were privileged enough to earn therefore contribute.

Imagine you having to deal with getting raped as a male.  Nice thought right? Not so much for women.  Yet it is a reality.
http://www.rainn.org/statistics

These are to name just acouple  of the inequities that women face.

I was nice enough and gave you some links.  But I do believe the burden of proof is on the make who thinks things are just honky dory.  And everything is equal.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »

boy, you are an impatient git aren't you?

April 9th marked the 59th anniversary of the equal pay act.  Still women earn .77 to every mans $1.00
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/09/women-and-equal-pay-wage-gap_n_3038806.html

That means everything.  You were born a male, and statistically speaking you will make a couple hundred thousand more dollars in your life than a woman who works as much and has the same education.
Compound that inequity by the amount you will also receive in retirement from SS due to the amount more that you were privileged enough to earn therefore contribute.

Imagine you having to deal with getting raped as a male.  Nice thought right? Not so much for women.  Yet it is a reality.

I was nice enough and gave you some links.  But I do believe the burden of proof is on the make who thinks things are just honky dory.  And everything is equal.

Women in my workplace earn the same base salary. The manager split is about the same too. I can remember a time that it wasn't
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 06:34:44 PM »
And in some places they are paid half.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »
April 9th marked the 59th anniversary of the equal pay act. Still women earn .77 to every mans $1.00

There is still ongoing debate on whether or not this difference is mainly due to gender discrimination. There are so many factors at play here that could contribute to the difference it's hard to pinpoint what exactly. Politicians don't make it easier when they insist they understand statistics perfectly well.

As for what used to go on in history, that's history past and irrelevant now (except for memorial purposes and such). It's like black people still fighting for the abolishing of slavery in the US when it has already long gone.

That means everything. You were born a male, and statistically speaking you will make a couple hundred thousand more dollars in your life than a woman who works as much and has the same education.

Depends on so many factors behind the scenes, though. It's not necessarily a gender thing.

Statistics don't always show the cause; they may often only show correlation (and not necessarily causation) unless certain variables have been controlled for such as types of jobs, duration at job, and so on.

Men are raped as well, but even so, rape has nothing to do with whether women of today have rights or not that men have.

Even if women have all the rights in the world, some of them will still end up being raped because that's the unfortunate way of life in this world. For both men and women, some will be murdered, some will be tortured to death, and some will be sexually violated. No amounts of rights is going to eliminate these issues because a lot of people aren't going to respect your rights anyway.

And men as well. Being selective isn't how I expected you to address my question.

In statistics, the null (default) hypothesis is that things are equal (not different).

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »
There are also gendered cultural differences you have to take into account.

Men are more likely to ask for money, for a bonus, a raise, etc, because they are socialized to be more upfront about their wants.

Women tend not to... because they are taught that they should be more docile and accepting of circumstances.

So, a man and a woman could both start off at the same position with the same pay, but due to these socialization differences, in a few years the man will likely be making a lot more money than the woman; he is simply more likely to speak up.

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 09:30:31 PM »
And in some places they are paid half.

In Australia, for doing the same job as the men do? Doubt it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap