Author Topic: The Iron Lady Is Gone  (Read 2864 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: The Iron Lady Is Gone
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
Once agin, fuckvthat bitch.
She didn't break any glass ceilings she simply played along.  And if anything she replaced the glass with plexiglass. 
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »
but I do think she did a lot for Britain's economy.
... care to elaborate?  I can't think of anything.  Certainly wasn't manufacturing!

As I understand it, manufacturing had been on the decline for a decade when Thatcher came into power. The rate of decline actually slowed down slightly while she was PM but accelerated again afterwards. Not something I'd use to prove anything, but it is an interesting fact.

As for the economy, I found this image from The Economist, showing real disposable household income:

Also check the budget balance in the second graph.

The article is here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 04:28:21 PM »
Well, i grew up in the Thatcher years.  They were grim.  I know.  I was there.

The graphs you posted have a major flaw.  They do not show the huge north/south divide.  For example, take the Yorkshire ward of 'Heaton,' and compare it to  Thatchers 'Finchley' and you will see that one was booming under her reign and one was a ghost town of closed factories and high unemployment.

The millions of unemployed during her term were mainly north of the Watford Gap and therefore don't matter?

There are two halves of the UK.  Your graphs do not show this

I think this one sums it up
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »
Anyway, i don't HATE her because of her economic blunders.  Forgiveable.

I HATE her because of her lack of humanity, her lack of compassion, and her lack of moral fibre.  I HATE the person she was.

Some might say she was 'focused' and i would say she was 'blinkered'

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter :viking:
blah blah blah

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 04:53:32 PM »
Well, i grew up in the Thatcher years.  They were grim.  I know.  I was there.

The graphs you posted have a major flaw.  They do not show the huge north/south divide.  For example, take the Yorkshire ward of 'Heaton,' and compare it to  Thatchers 'Finchley' and you will see that one was booming under her reign and one was a ghost town of closed factories and high unemployment.

The millions of unemployed during her term were mainly north of the Watford Gap and therefore don't matter?

There are two halves of the UK.  Your graphs do not show this

I think this one sums it up

The graphs I linked to only show a summary for the whole nation. Take that summary for what it is. It does not include unemployment, and it does not in any way visualise the social divide.

I wonder what would have happened to the UK without her.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »
I'm wondering if he disposable income point s a bit disingenuous.
If she lowered taxes (especially on the rich) and the graph is a total percentage f all disposable income it says nothing about he plight if the common man.

And if she also tried to privatize everything, meaning less government revenue combined with less government programs (useful to those in poverty) then all she has done is transfer all the wealth from the bottom and the middle to the top.
Misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 05:28:09 PM »

A good question.  Perhaps her rise to power prevented some other catastrophe  :dunno:

'Ding dong the witch is dead 'is flying up the charts.  People are having parties to
celebrate her death!  She was not as popular as the media reports.
blah blah blah

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
If she lowered taxes (especially on the rich) and the graph is a total percentage f all disposable income it says nothing about he plight if the common man.

And if she also tried to privatize everything, meaning less government revenue combined with less government programs (useful to those in poverty) then all she has done is transfer all the wealth from the bottom and the middle to the top.

As ridiculous as it sounds,  she appeared to do her utmost to break the common man.  Before she was elected she had a very deep hatred for miners, trade unions, and any group that stood to represent a fair wage and equal opportunity.  She was determined to cut inflation and her methods forced high unemployment.  She hacked away at the benefits of those unemployed too.  She introduced a 'right to buy' scheme on council houses but neglected to replace or build any new ones which caused a severe shortage of housing.  The common man was then either forced to rent overpriced dwellings from the growing number of private landlords or it was cardboard city.  Her unemployment figures are abysmal anyway but you hav to bear in mind they would have been worse if not for the YTS scheme which forced all the 16-21 year olds off the dole and working for a mickey mouse wage!  Cheap labour for employers.  Yup, along with the poll tax, she did her best to trample over the common man.

My deep rooted hatred of her really stems from the way she treated the hunger strikers in Northern Ireland.  I could never like the woman after that.  That was pure evil.  She was a CUNT.
blah blah blah

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
I wonder if some people with dig up her corpse and set it on fire. Or pose it in pics on the interwebs.  :hahaha:
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 10:53:13 PM »

A good question.  Perhaps her rise to power prevented some other catastrophe  :dunno:

'Ding dong the witch is dead 'is flying up the charts.  People are having parties to
celebrate her death!  She was not as popular as the media reports.

I suspect the transformation of the UK into a net importer of goods would have happened anyway. It wasn't her fault even though she did little to stop it, in hindsight.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »

This article somewhat supports your notion but is inconclusive. It could be interpreted either way, actually. It depends on just how wealthy the filthy rich are and how many they are.

I read a headline just now, somewhere, that "she saved Britain's economy but at too high a cost". I would like to know.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
"ding dong the witch is dead"  sing many ex mining families up and down the country!

I HATED the bitch with a passion.  She HAD a rare opportunity.  She COULD have made much progress in pushing women forward in politics.  How many women were in her cabinet?  How many did she promote?  FUCK ALL

Let's look at what she did, or didn't do -

* One word  "MINERS"  She fucked them over good and proper.

*She escalated the troubles in Northern Ireland.  She could have prevented so many deaths (Bobby Sands comes to mind)   She was an ignorant self righteous bitch who didn't want to bother.  Peace was achievable.  As proved by Tony Blair and i have to include John Major too.   

*She did fuck all for women.  She did fuck all for human rights.  She was a MONSTER not a mother.

* Infamous "Poll Tax"  -  not one of her better policies!

*She tried to break the link of dirty hands!  Trampled over the trade unions.  Increased the rich/poor divide.

God this monster even took away the free little bottle of milk every child at school had daily.  I recall the comments now "Thatcher, the milk snatcher"  :zoinks:

I think the world stage remembers the Falklands conflict, and that must be where the 'iron' and the 'respect' for her comes from.  She acted as any PM would.  In other words 'she did her job'.  Big deal. 

Anyway, i don't care if i speak ill of the dead.  I am glad she no longer walks this earth.  I am glad she was 'troubled' in her final years.  She deserves to be.  Surprised if she found any peace at all after what she has done. 

Some folks do not deserve to RIP

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore