Author Topic: The Iron Lady Is Gone  (Read 2876 times)

Scrapheap

Re: The Iron Lady Is Gone
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
The Smith's wrote a song about her years ago,  called "Margaret on the Guillotine" and i hear that will also be entering the charts this week :zoinks:

If only Americans had the good sense to feel the same about Ronald Reagan.  :-\

Although I guess he wasn't as bad.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »
The Smith's wrote a song about her years ago,  called "Margaret on the Guillotine" and i hear that will also be entering the charts this week :zoinks:

Reagan and Thatcher enabled each other :thumbdn:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »

I hated Raygun. I hate them all.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »
The image i have of Reagan is that he was not the sharpest tool in the box.  I don't know much about him. It's just the way he was portrayed here.
blah blah blah

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 05:27:26 PM »
Reagan and thatchers legacy lives on.  Just look at the gap between the haves and the have nots.
They were both useful puppets to the oligarchy.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 11:20:09 PM »
Neither was stupid. Unlike Bush Jr who is stupid for real, Reagan had other problems. And he had some fairly good advisers.

Roger Waters hated Thatcher with a passion, I believe. I've had Pink Floyd's The Final Cut playing in my earphones some, lately.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:39 PM »
During the war in the Falklands, Thatcher had declared an exclusion zone of 200 nautical miles around the islands.  She decided to sink the Argentine ship the Belgrano, despite it being 30 - 40 miles outside the exclusion zone that she had imposed.  The ship was on a course bound for 'home'.  Several hundred died, some were only 18/ 19 years old.

She played dirty.  As a Brit, and someone who supports the defence of the Falklands, i can honestly say she should not have sank the Belgrano at that time.

I remember that being discussed a lot at the time.

No, she should not have. I think she did it for the same reasons the US dropped the bomb on Hiroshima.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 01:34:43 AM »
It makes a mockery of the UN,  if you have an active role in making up the rules, of how to conduct yourself during a conflict, then go ahead and break those rules. 

Those lives were irrelevant to her.  She spent her career destroying lives.  She ripped the heart out of many communities.  All those people she put on the dole.  They were irrelevant.  They weren't worth making contingency plans for.  They were mere  cannon fodder or guppy chow (i just like saying guppy chow)  She took away peoples dignity, and hope and then mocked them for being on welfare.

She was resolute and unmoveable on Northern Ireland.  She lacked vision and her mind was closed.  She condemned many to die in doing so.   

Irony for the Iron Lady.  She coined a phrase, when talking of the IRA  "Murder is Murder is Murder"  hmm i wonder if she said this before or after she murdered 400 people on the Belgrano?

She was not squeeky clean, or honest,  IMO.  Maggie had blood on her hands.  Murder is murder is murder.
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 01:41:19 AM »
That's why anarchism is the only just system. In an anarchy psychopaths can't get the power that they get in a dictatorship or "democracy".

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »
I prefer my dick taters like this
blah blah blah

TheoK

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 01:49:44 AM »
 :orly:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
It makes a mockery of the UN,  if you have an active role in making up the rules, of how to conduct yourself during a conflict, then go ahead and break those rules. 

That's not just Maggie. Everyone does it. Our willingness to defend democratic principles depends largely on the natural resources and strategical relevance of the country under threat.

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »
I am very peeved with the current government who are portraying her as some kind of saint.   So far we have been slapped with a ten million quid funeral bill for a woman who is despised so much and by so many.  Sling it's carcass in the Thames!

Then i hear that some police sarge has had to quit his job because he posted insults about Maggie on Twitter.  He was exposed by that tory rag called the Daily Mail.  I would not normally be bothered about a pig, but c'mon?

Oh and the spineless institution known as  the BBC have said they won't play the number one position on the chart this week because it is inappropriate?  wtf?

In the next  breath the gov criticise North Korea for telling it's people what to do?

Pot. kettle.and black.
blah blah blah

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
Thatcher followed suit with what the US was doing at the time

The damage from those years is very apparent here, and has been for a number of years.

Its down with the people and up with the elite.

So, how can we ( the US) say anything derogatory about her without being hypocrites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
Thatcher followed suit with what the US was doing at the time

The damage from those years is very apparent here, and has been for a number of years.

Its down with the people and up with the elite.

So, how can we ( the US) say anything derogatory about her without being hypocrites.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you voted for he loser then  you are entitled to bitch.
Misunderstood.