Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134194 times)

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #8265 on: July 09, 2010, 06:15:11 AM »
My day has only just started, so I guess my day started here. :LOL:

And what better place?  ;)

Intensity. :LOL:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8266 on: July 09, 2010, 06:17:05 AM »
My day has only just started, so I guess my day started here. :LOL:

And what better place?  ;)

Intensity. :LOL:

Intensity Squared!  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8267 on: July 09, 2010, 06:26:06 AM »
I don't think Alzheimer's would present like this, though, and neither did my doc.

That's good to hear. My psychiatrist didn't think I needed to worry either. Still, I don't like this forgetting business.  :(

No, it's pretty awful.

This is more about me thinking that I don't know what the words mean, though. Well, I think so. :-\

For a brief period at about age 13, I was very compulsive about reading all my notes, from all my classes, every night, from the beginning. As the term went on, that got to be a LOT of notes. And if I lost my concentration while reading, I would go all the way back and start over. I wasn't really studying in an effective way, just going through a pointless and rather punishing OCD exercise. Reading in that very self-conscious way can definitely begin to make things NOT make sense, it all begins to look like  :blah: :blah: :blah:  ...which could probably make you question your comprehension skills.

Part of the reasons why I did not manage to finish my studies.

I got more and more disoriented too, when reading. Just stopping comprehending a thing, while still reading the words. And then zone out completely.
Sometimes reading out loud would help. Because I could still understand when I heard the words, but not when reading them, so I kind of read them out loud, and only would understand them when I heard them. If that makes sense.

Perfect sense.

Can you read books now?

Depends.

At the moment not so well. I can do a simple story. And shorter things. And, online reading goes well too.
But the thought of some bigger things related to my studies almost frighten me, knowing I will get lost and bewildered.
If that changes one day, I may try going for my masters. Only one year of work to do. But at the moment it is unthinkable.

I also noticed I find it easier to read on things that I experience and work with in practical life, than reading something theoretical without a connection to what I am doing.

Thanks for bringing this subject up btw. Makes it clearer for me. I thought it was one of my, only few, dyslectic traits acting up, getting disoriented in texts. But this makes more sense.

I thought I was alone having this problem. And it's gradually becoming worse. :hide:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #8268 on: July 09, 2010, 06:27:02 AM »
Post Whoring. :viking:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8269 on: July 09, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
I don't think Alzheimer's would present like this, though, and neither did my doc.

That's good to hear. My psychiatrist didn't think I needed to worry either. Still, I don't like this forgetting business.  :(

No, it's pretty awful.

This is more about me thinking that I don't know what the words mean, though. Well, I think so. :-\

For a brief period at about age 13, I was very compulsive about reading all my notes, from all my classes, every night, from the beginning. As the term went on, that got to be a LOT of notes. And if I lost my concentration while reading, I would go all the way back and start over. I wasn't really studying in an effective way, just going through a pointless and rather punishing OCD exercise. Reading in that very self-conscious way can definitely begin to make things NOT make sense, it all begins to look like  :blah: :blah: :blah:  ...which could probably make you question your comprehension skills.

I got more and more disoriented too, when reading. Just stopping comprehending a thing, while still reading the words. And then zone out completely.
Sometimes reading out loud would help. Because I could still understand when I heard the words, but not when reading them, so I kind of read them out loud, and only would understand them when I heard them. If that makes sense.

Perfect sense.

Can you read books now?

Depends.

At the moment not so well. I can do a simple story. And shorter things. And, online reading goes well too.
But the thought of some bigger things related to my studies almost frighten me, knowing I will get lost and bewildered.
If that changes one day, I may try going for my masters. Only one year of work to do. But at the moment it is unthinkable.

I also noticed I find it easier to read on things that I experience and work with in practical life, than reading something theoretical without a connection to what I am doing.

Thanks for bringing this subject up btw. Makes it clearer for me. I thought it was one of my, only few, dyslectic traits acting up, getting disoriented in texts. But this makes more sense.

I thought I was alone having this problem. And it's gradually becoming worse. :hide:

I suspect it perpetuates itself...the more it happens, the more it shakes your confidence, leading to more second-guessing and anxiety.  :(

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8270 on: July 09, 2010, 07:55:28 AM »

No, it's pretty awful.

Perfect sense.

Can you read books now?

Depends.

I suspect it perpetuates itself...the more it happens, the more it shakes your confidence, leading to more second-guessing and anxiety.  :(

Oh yes, I think you are right. I'm pretty sure you are. But it's scary nevertheless.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8271 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:20 AM »

No, it's pretty awful.

Perfect sense.

Can you read books now?

Depends.

Oh yes, I think you are right. I'm pretty sure you are. But it's scary nevertheless.

I hope CBC is right.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #8272 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:31 AM »
I slept for 12 hours last night.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8273 on: July 12, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »
Had a meeting with my job-coach in a café. My girls came with me, sitting at an other table they enjoyed themselves well.

After that we went for some errands, but, because of a massive thunderstorm we more hopped from shop to shop to get where we needed to be. And we bought all kinds off stuff that I always forget, but could do with. And on good bargain prices too.

Nice enough, shopping like that. Shopping street and shops almost barren, then it is very doable, also with two girly girls.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8274 on: July 12, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »
Not a lot. Too hot for doing anything.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8275 on: July 12, 2010, 07:42:14 AM »

:agreed: Anyway, you're on vacation!

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8276 on: July 12, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »

Sitting in my study now, listening to music and postwhoring.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8277 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:47 AM »

Sitting in my study now, listening to music and postwhoring.

I'm doing the same thing! I've opened a tab especially for this site's music thread,
and I'm listening to the songs I linked and feeling pleased with my eclectic taste!  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #8278 on: July 12, 2010, 07:49:27 AM »
I, erm, acquired new music last night. :orly:

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #8279 on: July 12, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »
I, erm, acquired new music last night. :orly:

Via 100% legal purchase, I'm sure!  :police: