Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134258 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #5355 on: April 27, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
Windows has always been that way. Must be deliberate cos it's not hard to write a bootloader that actually checks for other operating systems first.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5356 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:23 PM »
Getting my outdoor workshop ready for business

do i see a felt buffing wheel?

No buffing wheels out yet that's a very soft and fine wire wheel

WoW!

I think I need one of those.

I got my buffing wheels out during the late winter and I polished all our aluminum kitchenware to a shine again. I used a wire wheel on all my neglected tools, but the one like you have closer to the camera is WAY too harsh for the tools I have blued. I use a brass brush on those and a fine steel brush on those with other plating or no finish at all. I want a super-fine textured one like that!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5357 on: April 27, 2009, 12:07:57 PM »
Couldn't even tell you were to get one bought it at a tag sale hooked to a big chuck,,  The twisted wire one is for really heavy rust and scale bit harsh but works wonders
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #5358 on: April 27, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
Got laid off Saturday morning. Signed the Out of Work List for my Local and the one in Contra Costa County and put myself on vacation status for the week of May 4th to the 8th so I don't take any strikes when I am gone to NZ next week. I am going to use the rest of this week to readjust my schedule to day shift and clean and organize my place before leaving. One of my trusted Union Brothers has agreed to check my place while I am gone.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #5359 on: April 27, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
Forgot to get my free piece of chicken from KFC! :(
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5360 on: April 28, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »
Finished a letter, will send it tomorrow.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5361 on: April 28, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »
I met the evil one in person. Welcome to Australia, mate. :thumbup:

P7PSP

« Reply #5362 on: April 30, 2009, 01:24:28 AM »
Finalized car rental arrangements and getting NZ money at the Airport for straight across transaction minus nominal fee of less than 1%. Put off planned house cleaning because I dislike such chores. Overall it has been a good, albeit mostly lazy, day.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5363 on: April 30, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »
Stupid offsite "team building" meeting. We were behind schedule, so I present tomorrow morning. Gonna add music to my presentation tonight.

Right now I am working on my car during commercials, rotating tires, verifying brakes will pass inspection, oil change, etc. The inspection expired in March and I've been driving my other Sunfire since it expired today and may not pass inspection, so I will give it away or junk it if it doesn't pass. Basically I will now park it for awhile until I decide if I want to try and pass inspection or not. Wanted to get as many miles out of it as I could before decision time.

Will definitely be showering later. :zombiefuck:
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5364 on: April 30, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »
Went to the dump, got my emissions on my truck checked and measure a house for work
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #5365 on: April 30, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »
Stupid offsite "team building" meeting. We were behind schedule, so I present tomorrow morning. Gonna add music to my presentation tonight.

Right now I am working on my car during commercials, rotating tires, verifying brakes will pass inspection, oil change, etc. The inspection expired in March and I've been driving my other Sunfire since it expired today and may not pass inspection, so I will give it away or junk it if it doesn't pass. Basically I will now park it for awhile until I decide if I want to try and pass inspection or not. Wanted to get as many miles out of it as I could before decision time.

When I worked for Delatech we had all that go team go shit going on. There were a few who did little or nothing on a typical day but knew how to jerk off management for kudos. At my present job we have safety lunches instead and the shit doesn't get quite as deep. What music do you have in mind?

P7PSP

« Reply #5366 on: April 30, 2009, 08:00:16 PM »
I met the evil one in person. Welcome to Australia, mate. :thumbup:
That is impressive that she managed to move there. I met her and another member of Wrong Planet at the De Young museum in SF June of last year. She has a very good sense of humor. I hope you had fun together SD. :thumbup:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5367 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:20 PM »

When I worked for Delatech we had all that go team go shit going on. There were a few who did little or nothing on a typical day but knew how to jerk off management for kudos. At my present job we have safety lunches instead and the shit doesn't get quite as deep. What music do you have in mind?

"Who Am I?" by The Samples
"Sunglasses At Night" by Corey Hart
"Nature" by The Samples
"Close To The Fires" by The Samples

Something rebellious! I'd do Rage Against The Machine, but 'Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!' probably wouldn't go over too well.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #5368 on: May 01, 2009, 03:59:53 AM »
Quote from: PPK
I hope you had fun together SD. :thumbup:

Thanks PPK. :) TEO had a few hours' layover between her arrival at Sydney and her connecting flight to Melbourne, so we had "morning tea" at the airport. A table in a rackety airline terminal isn't the most glamorous of venues, but we managed okay. She was holding up brilliantly for someone who'd just spent 15 hours on a plane. Lord Phlexor will be pleased to know that she has arrived safely in Melbourne, is settling in well there, and hopes to make it her permanent home. ;D

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5369 on: May 01, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »
Quote from: PPK
I hope you had fun together SD. :thumbup:

Thanks PPK. :) TEO had a few hours' layover between her arrival at Sydney and her connecting flight to Melbourne, so we had "morning tea" at the airport. A table in a rackety airline terminal isn't the most glamorous of venues, but we managed okay. She was holding up brilliantly for someone who'd just spent 15 hours on a plane. Lord Phlexor will be pleased to know that she has arrived safely in Melbourne, is settling in well there, and hopes to make it her permanent home. ;D

I couldn't live anywhere else I don't think.