Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135028 times)

duncvis

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #4965 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:41 AM »
true.

And I dragged the washer outside, got the drain plug out (and gallons of mucky water) and cleared a huge plug of crap out of the pump. now we can has clean clothes again without trailing bags to my grandma's house. :woohoo:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4966 on: January 06, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »
Took my crazy father grocery shopping it took forever

I hate that shit so fucking much man. When I go to the store, I go to get something I need. The problem is, all my family and friends like to wander around in the store looking at objects ALL FUCKING DAY. I don't understand this strange behavior.

It's more like they don't like looking at the cool shit you like. Plus there comes a point where you've had your fill of being social and wanna just fuck it all and drive home.

Sort of. But I really do go to the store when I know I want or need something. I then proceed to purchase the item(s), then leave. Other people don't do this. They look at things they are not going to buy. They just.. look at them. Why do people do this?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4967 on: January 06, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
Sprayed the walls, surfaces and fixtures of the bathroom with dilute bleach from an atomising spray bottle.  Mum's partner had cleaned dog shit off of his shoes in the bathroom sink, so I decided it was time to give the bathroom a dose of wonderful sterilising, cleansing, odour-destroying bleach.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4968 on: January 06, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »
Measured another house talked to customers then slept for an hour to regain my sanity
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4969 on: January 06, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

Stowed the last of the Christmas crap.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #4970 on: January 06, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
true.

And I dragged the washer outside, got the drain plug out (and gallons of mucky water) and cleared a huge plug of crap out of the pump. now we can has clean clothes again without trailing bags to my grandma's house. :woohoo:
It's nice to get that kind of shit out of the way but every time I clean something like that or a sink trap out it's invariably a gross stinky glob of crap. Yuck! Fortunately that doesn't happen often.

P7PSP

« Reply #4971 on: January 06, 2009, 06:16:09 PM »
Not much at all. Yesterday I actually got out and did a couple of things, today I have totally fucked the dog. Tomorrow I have a class to go to.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4972 on: January 06, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
Sort of. But I really do go to the store when I know I want or need something. I then proceed to purchase the item(s), then leave. Other people don't do this. They look at things they are not going to buy. They just.. look at them. Why do people do this?

I wish I knew. I've certainly observed the phenomenon plenty. It seems to be some kind of hunting instinct, where the whole store is your resource gathering grounds. Some people seem to get ideas and inspiration from looking at what they could own, and owning some of it. Either price is no object because the impulse "I want it!" overrides common sense, or price is a strategy game where you win if you get the best deal.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4973 on: January 07, 2009, 12:26:19 AM »

I wish I knew. I've certainly observed the phenomenon plenty. It seems to be some kind of hunting instinct, where the whole store is your resource gathering grounds. Some people seem to get ideas and inspiration from looking at what they could own, and owning some of it. Either price is no object because the impulse "I want it!" overrides common sense, or price is a strategy game where you win if you get the best deal.

Ok man. You confirmed my theory, sort of. I theorized that back when we were all neandrethals or niggers or cro magnons or whatever.  There were hunters and gatherers. I believe that the wierd ass shopping phenomenon is some sort of gatherer instinct. "I must pluck the choicest and ripest veggies and bring them back to my family". Maybe?
I will never stop...

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4974 on: January 07, 2009, 03:19:58 AM »
Perhaps instead of playing fast-paced muzak to hurry shoppers along, supermarkets could play the roars and growls of large predators to instill a sense of urgency in people.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #4975 on: January 07, 2009, 03:57:25 AM »
I thought that was the point of the overly loud chart shite they usually pump out?  :zombiefuck:

*runs away from horde of slack jawed fuckwits with their pants tucked in their socks*

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4976 on: January 07, 2009, 07:34:44 AM »
Ok man. You confirmed my theory, sort of. I theorized that back when we were all neandrethals or niggers or cro magnons or whatever.  There were hunters and gatherers. I believe that the wierd ass shopping phenomenon is some sort of gatherer instinct. "I must pluck the choicest and ripest veggies and bring them back to my family". Maybe?

Yeah, something like that.  :P

Combined with hoarding, especially in people who lived through disasters or poor economic times like the Depression, who will buy things to have them around "just to be safe", even if they already have three.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4977 on: January 07, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »

I hate that shit so fucking much man. When I go to the store, I go to get something I need. The problem is, all my family and friends like to wander around in the store looking at objects ALL FUCKING DAY. I don't understand this strange behavior.

It's more like they don't like looking at the cool shit you like. Plus there comes a point where you've had your fill of being social and wanna just fuck it all and drive home.

There are times where I do just go in to get what I want and then high tail it out of there because that is all I wanted for that day.

Then there are other times where I just like looking at the all the cool shit that I could own if I had the money.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4978 on: January 07, 2009, 11:39:15 AM »
Perhaps instead of playing fast-paced muzak to hurry shoppers along, supermarkets could play the roars and growls of large predators to instill a sense of urgency in people.
LOL :lol:

There are times where I do just go in to get what I want and then high tail it out of there because that is all I wanted for that day.

Then there are other times where I just like looking at the all the cool shit that I could own if I had the money.

I just can't do that man. It would make me angry for one thing. And I would probably buy something I wanted anyway. I can't trust myself. Lol.
I will never stop...

duncvis

« Reply #4979 on: January 07, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
Made a new mix and uploaded it.  :zoinks: