Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 135207 times)

Persona

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #2535 on: March 09, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »
Bought a load of books on Amazon.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2536 on: March 09, 2008, 08:20:07 AM »
I voted no to that last one. You should stay in bed. :eyebrows:

:LMAO: :rofl: :LMAO:

brilliant!  and completely unexpected.  :heart:

:plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2537 on: March 09, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »
Oh, stop that clique-ish behaviour! :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2538 on: March 09, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »

Yes.  O.  Meister.  I.  Hear.  And.  Obey.

:worship:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2539 on: March 09, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »

Yeah, following The Axis of Evil instead is *so* much better. :LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2540 on: March 09, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2541 on: March 09, 2008, 08:45:52 AM »

:-*

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2542 on: March 09, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »
:LMAO:

ozymandias

« Reply #2543 on: March 09, 2008, 10:54:20 AM »
Went out to a chinese restaurant for lunch with Amber.  It's a Sunday thing, today it's Father-daughter time, next Sunday it's mother-daughter time.

ozymandias

« Reply #2544 on: March 09, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »
lost the will to live, after trying to trawl through reams and reams of same old, same old posts, in an attempt to get to ones by people who have something new to say.  ::)

Maybe we should reopen the poll about the ignore button and debate it some more?

I think that Richard definitely had a point.

I probably would never use an ignore button even if we had one, but there may be people who would really like to ignore hundreds of posts that essentially say the same thing over and over and over again.

i'm not sure i agree with an ignore button on principle, but it's sooooooo tempting...

:agreed:

There was an ignore button on Fractalus and I used it on Ozymandias for a few minutes just to see how it worked.

You could see that he posted something, but his post was replaced with "Ozymandias is on your ignore list" and if you wanted to, you could click the button to unignore him just as easily as you could click the one to ignore him, since the button was on every post.

I did it to mishmish for awhile, when she was in peak filibustering/shit stirring mode.  Her posts were giving me the worst case of MEGO I had ever had.  Morthaur suggested that I make that public knowledge.  Which I did, announcing who and why I was ignoring her.  He feels, as do I, that ignoring somebody should be made public.  I unignored her after she stopped her constant complaints of disatisfaction with how things were being set up and constantly implying that everybody who disagreed with her was dishonest.   ::)

Sophgay

« Reply #2545 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
played in the garden with my brothers

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2546 on: March 09, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I did it to mishmish for awhile, when she was in peak filibustering/shit stirring mode.  Her posts were giving me the worst case of MEGO I had ever had.  Morthaur suggested that I make that public knowledge.  Which I did, announcing who and why I was ignoring her.  He feels, as do I, that ignoring somebody should be made public.  I unignored her after she stopped her constant complaints of disatisfaction with how things were being set up and constantly implying that everybody who disagreed with her was dishonest.   ::)

That's a cool idea. Is there some way to have an ignore button feature list in the profiles who's being ignored, or something similar?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2547 on: March 09, 2008, 12:11:54 PM »
i can see why people would be against it, and it could make things very confusing at times, but then i also see it as being up to those who choose to ignore or not to ignore, whether they have that option or not. if someone wants to use it, i think they should be able to, although i wouldn't myself and would hope it wouldn't be used TOO much. i don't see it as censorship or anything, because it's down to each individual person, whether or not they want to use it. if anything, it's giving people more freedom IMO, which is what people seem to want. there are plenty of people already "ignoring" certain peoples posts, from what i've read. all this would do is make it more convenient for them

How could it be more confusing than hundreds of posts to sift through looking for one nugget.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2548 on: March 09, 2008, 12:15:05 PM »

That's a cool idea. Is there some way to have an ignore button feature list in the profiles who's being ignored, or something similar?

Do you mean you could open someone's profile and see a listing of all those who THEY have chosen to ignore?

That might be fun, but it would be better to have the notification in every single post of a person being ignored to remind them who all is ignoring them as they post.

:D

I would consider that a useful purpose for the ignore button.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Sophgay

« Reply #2549 on: March 09, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
i can see why people would be against it, and it could make things very confusing at times, but then i also see it as being up to those who choose to ignore or not to ignore, whether they have that option or not. if someone wants to use it, i think they should be able to, although i wouldn't myself and would hope it wouldn't be used TOO much. i don't see it as censorship or anything, because it's down to each individual person, whether or not they want to use it. if anything, it's giving people more freedom IMO, which is what people seem to want. there are plenty of people already "ignoring" certain peoples posts, from what i've read. all this would do is make it more convenient for them

How could it be more confusing than hundreds of posts to sift through looking for one nugget.
not confusing for the person doing the ignoring
confusing for other people, if there's a discussion going on and certain people aren't seeing half of it etc