Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134368 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1050 on: September 14, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
took a shit.

Was brave.

duncvis

« Reply #1051 on: September 14, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
went for remote and windswept walk through wuthering south pennine scenery. got to destination to be greeted by bunch of curious sheep. I guess not that many people are nuts enough to be on the Pennine Way in September (at least I didn't see anyone else who didn't fly or bleat).

Sounds like a peaceful walk. My favorite kind, but I have to travel many miles to find peace.

I feel blessed that such solitude is reachable so close to where I live - the open moors make up for the grim shittiness of the towns in the valleys below. And its free, for anyone who wants to claim it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1052 on: September 14, 2007, 07:10:34 PM »
went for remote and windswept walk through wuthering south pennine scenery. got to destination to be greeted by bunch of curious sheep. I guess not that many people are nuts enough to be on the Pennine Way in September (at least I didn't see anyone else who didn't fly or bleat).

Sounds like a peaceful walk. My favorite kind, but I have to travel many miles to find peace.

I feel blessed that such solitude is reachable so close to where I live - the open moors make up for the grim shittiness of the towns in the valleys below. And its free, for anyone who wants to claim it.

You truly ARE blessed. I literally live in a thriving metropolis. When I moved here, it was a sleepy little town outside the big city, but we have been engulfed by "progress."  We are lucky to have such a great school system, but he rest I could do without!

I was blessed to have grown up along the Gulf Coast of Texas. Solitude was everywhere. No one had ever heard of Padre Island. It's now a popular tourist area, though.

:hair:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1053 on: September 14, 2007, 07:15:34 PM »
Very little, which is bad, and nobody, which is worse.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1054 on: September 14, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »
Work then class, went back to work after class.    Then I went to the beach to smoke some bud, my friend left his pipe in my car lol.   Right now I am playing Rainbow Six: Vegas and I am Sargeant Major finally. 

Very little, which is bad, and nobody, which is worse.
I am sure you can remedy the situation somehow, on both accounts.   Unfortunately I can't help you out.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1055 on: September 15, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »
actually, lucifer says, if i weren't doing my knitting i'd be doing that eyeball thingista, but frankly, i'm too fucked to be able to multitask.

and anyway, stop putting "words" in my mouth.   >:(  (apart from anything else, it's getting crowded in there).

*glows with happiness for her*

*gives you a  :-* , a :hug: , and a  :plus: for being a sweetie.  not eveyone realises how much i like knitting.  ;)

in my world, that's not unusual...  :laugh:

sounds gorgeous, bruv.  might have to drag carcasses out to wander around in the fresh air, today...  :)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1056 on: September 15, 2007, 12:05:06 AM »
nothing much.  recovering from The Day Which Went Insane, yesterday.  i suffered an allergic reaction to something, and ended up covered in burning weals, in extreme pain, mouth, feet and hands tingling.  then i went into shock, and so dizzy i couldn't stand, or even sit, hyperventilating (panic attack, i suspect), shaking so hard my bed nearly collapsed (it was like bits of The Exorcist); jack-knifing with pain; panicking cos i had to meet someone, who'd be stranded if i didn't get there.  i have never been so frightened in my life, or so ill, that i can remember.

anyway, luckily my friend came round (bless her) and sorted it all out, including driving me all over the place.  she's now the lucky recipient of one of my more ambitious knitting projects.

phew.  i never, EVER want to do that, ever again, thank you very much.  had litle sleep, but am supremely delighted, to be alive, amongst other things. 

That's so awful.  I'm glad you are better now, though.  Can't you figure out what caused the allergic reaction?

:hug:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1057 on: September 15, 2007, 12:18:36 AM »
thank you, callaway.   :-*

yeah, i know what it was, but am a bit too embarassed to say.   :-[  oh all, right (cos otherwise people might think it's something even worse than it was): it was a depliatory cream.  i got into a bit of a panic about not being as bald as people expect women to be (yes, even i collapse under the strain of fucking societal conventions  >:( ), and used that stuff.  not used to it, so it all went mental.  possibly, it was urticaria rather than physical allergy, but with eczema, it's often hard to tell, and the tingling mouth gave it away a bit.  i was terrified i'd gone into full-blown anaphylactic shock (a degree in immunology and microbiology doesn't help, cos i know all the details :( ), and cos i'm on my own, i thought i'd die before anyone could get to me.

really don't want to do that again.  i'm staying hairy, and everyone else can fuck off if they don't like it.  :(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1058 on: September 15, 2007, 12:23:11 AM »
eesh. i'm so sorry Lucifer. skin problems suck. and so do allergies. and body hair. :hug:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1059 on: September 15, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »
thanks, sweetle.   :-*

i actually like my body hair - feels all nice and touchyfeely: i'm a great one for stroking it.  sadly, not everyone agrees.   :'(

(the worst bit of all is that i didn't actually bloody well need to.  ::) ).  still, as i said, i really think the extreme reaction i had cleared out a lot of other shit i've been trying to deal with, not least the hormonal horror.  swings and roundabouts, and all that.  ;D

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1060 on: September 15, 2007, 12:32:49 AM »

yeah, i know what it was, but am a bit too embarassed to say.   :-[  oh all, right (cos otherwise people might think it's something even worse than it was): it was a depliatory cream.  i got into a bit of a panic about not being as bald as people expect women to be (yes, even i collapse under the strain of fucking societal conventions  >:( ), and used that stuff.  not used to it, so it all went mental.  possibly, it was urticaria rather than physical allergy, but with eczema, it's often hard to tell, and the tingling mouth gave it away a bit.  i was terrified i'd gone into full-blown anaphylactic shock (a degree in immunology and microbiology doesn't help, cos i know all the details :( ), and cos i'm on my own, i thought i'd die before anyone could get to me.

really don't want to do that again.  i'm staying hairy, and everyone else can fuck off if they don't like it.  :(

I'm so relieved that you know what it was, so you can avoid it.  Please stay hairy and proud of it.

My daughter just had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic she has been taking since she was two months old.

Her face was swelled.  I wasn't sure what the rash was because it didn't look like the rash she got when she became allergic to penicillin.  I took her to urgent care and the doctor told me that it was a drug allergy and figured this was the most likely drug to cause it, so we stopped giving it to her.  He also put her on Prednisone for a few days.   Now the only rash she has is her eczema, which came back in her elbows.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1061 on: September 15, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »
i don't mind armpit hair but leg hair bothers me. pubes bother me the most. i hate them. if you like your hair then good for you. :green:

it's nothing like yours but i got this rash on my arm, i always get a bit of a rash at the back of my hands and the sides of my wrists but lately it's gotten worse on my right arm, i keep washing my hands compulsively, my forearms too and it's starting to take its toll. soon my arms will be sandpaper lol.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1062 on: September 15, 2007, 12:37:35 AM »

I'm so relieved that you know what it was, so you can avoid it.  Please stay hairy and proud of it.

:-*  i am, mostly.  just that, sometimes, i either haven't the energy to deal with people's adverse reactions, or my self-esteem and self-confidence kibosh me (all too often), and so i take the path of least resistance.  it's my choice, though, so i don't whinge about it.

My daughter just had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic she has been taking since she was two months old.

Her face was swelled.  I wasn't sure what the rash was because it didn't look like the rash she got when she became allergic to penicillin.  I took her to urgent care and the doctor told me that it was a drug allergy and figured this was the most likely drug to cause it, so we stopped giving it to her.  He also put her on Prednisone for a few days.   Now the only rash she has is her eczema, which came back in her elbows.

my friend had a major allergic reaction to something, and she swelled up all over, for days.  poor thing - my heart goes out to your daughter, and to you.  it's so frightening.  :(  with the widespread use of broad spectrum anti-bs, more and more people are becoming allergic to them, not to mention MRSA and all the other such nasties.  i wish medics would be more discriminating in their use of broad-specs.   >:(

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1063 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »
i don't mind armpit hair but leg hair bothers me. pubes bother me the most. i hate them. if you like your hair then good for you. :green:

it's nothing like yours but i got this rash on my arm, i always get a bit of a rash at the back of my hands and the sides of my wrists but lately it's gotten worse on my right arm, i keep washing my hands compulsively, my forearms too and it's starting to take its toll. soon my arms will be sandpaper lol.

the washing might be exacerbating it, hon.  try not to wash so much, and if you have to, use an emollient cream rather than soap.  emulsifying ointment, or aqueous cream, for example - dead cheap for the chemist.

rescue remedy cream is excellent for chapped, sore or stressed skin.  chickweed opintment is really good for eczema (there's one for you, callaway, too, for your daughter, although it's expensive); calendula and borage oils take the heat out of the skin and soothe it, and comfrey for repair (although use that one with caution - it's strong stuff).  frankincense helps get rid of scars, and is fab for wrinkles (i got rid of my frown lines in a week - yay!); rose and geranium are great for "mature" skins; and chamomile and lavender for calming it all down.

can you tell i make up gloop to pour on myself all the time?  ;)  actually, i should go into production - people love my face creams and stuff, cos they actually work.  recipes available, if anyone's interested.  ;D

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1064 on: September 15, 2007, 12:46:53 AM »

my friend had a major allergic reaction to something, and she swelled up all over, for days.  poor thing - my heart goes out to your daughter, and to you.  it's so frightening.  :(  with the widespread use of broad spectrum anti-bs, more and more people are becoming allergic to them, not to mention MRSA and all the other such nasties.  i wish medics would be more discriminating in their use of broad-specs.   >:(

My daughter has to take a prophylactic dose of the antibiotic every day because she has renal reflux.  If she didn't, she would be very prone to getting a bladder infection that would quickly move to her kidneys and damage them because of the reflux.  I'm very grateful for modern medicine because I know she would be dead without it.  She was born with renal reflux and a large hole in her heart, among other things.