Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 136749 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1035 on: September 13, 2007, 10:41:28 AM »
Fixed stairs and unloaded my truck
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1036 on: September 14, 2007, 04:00:49 AM »
nothing much.  recovering from The Day Which Went Insane, yesterday.  i suffered an allergic reaction to something, and ended up covered in burning weals, in extreme pain, mouth, feet and hands tingling.  then i went into shock, and so dizzy i couldn't stand, or even sit, hyperventilating (panic attack, i suspect), shaking so hard my bed nearly collapsed (it was like bits of The Exorcist); jack-knifing with pain; panicking cos i had to meet someone, who'd be stranded if i didn't get there.  i have never been so frightened in my life, or so ill, that i can remember.

anyway, luckily my friend came round (bless her) and sorted it all out, including driving me all over the place.  she's now the lucky recipient of one of my more ambitious knitting projects.

phew.  i never, EVER want to do that, ever again, thank you very much.  had litle sleep, but am supremely delighted, to be alive, amongst other things. 

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1037 on: September 14, 2007, 04:31:03 AM »
nothing much.  recovering from The Day Which Went Insane, yesterday.  i suffered an allergic reaction to something, and ended up covered in burning weals, in extreme pain, mouth, feet and hands tingling.  then i went into shock, and so dizzy i couldn't stand, or even sit, hyperventilating (panic attack, i suspect), shaking so hard my bed nearly collapsed (it was like bits of The Exorcist); jack-knifing with pain; panicking cos i had to meet someone, who'd be stranded if i didn't get there.  i have never been so frightened in my life, or so ill, that i can remember.

anyway, luckily my friend came round (bless her) and sorted it all out, including driving me all over the place.  she's now the lucky recipient of one of my more ambitious knitting projects.

phew.  i never, EVER want to do that, ever again, thank you very much.  had litle sleep, but am supremely delighted, to be alive, amongst other things. 

Fuck, sorry to hear that.  Hope you are on the mend today.  Glad you had someone close by to help you out  :-*

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1038 on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:25 AM »
thanks hon.  yeah, - it was the friend who usually drives me insane with her lack of support, but this is the reason we're still friends: she does turn up trumps when things go completely pear-shaped.

:-*

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1039 on: September 14, 2007, 04:47:04 AM »
thanks hon.  yeah, - it was the friend who usually drives me insane with her lack of support, but this is the reason we're still friends: she does turn up trumps when things go completely pear-shaped.

Good to hear.  Hate to think of you all by your onesome without love or huggles. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1040 on: September 14, 2007, 04:57:49 AM »

OMFG! That sounds horrible. You're lucky to have a friend you trust. I hope you can get some rest after all that.

Sending you a "Make It Go Away" wish.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1041 on: September 14, 2007, 05:30:42 AM »

Good to hear.  Hate to think of you all by your onesome without love or huggles. 

not at the moment.  ;)

OMFG! That sounds horrible. You're lucky to have a friend you trust. I hope you can get some rest after all that.

Sending you a "Make It Go Away" wish.

fat chance...   :angel:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1042 on: September 14, 2007, 05:39:42 AM »
woke late

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1043 on: September 14, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »
woke late, too. not a bad thing, all things considered.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1044 on: September 14, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »
lucifer says:   :O_o:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1045 on: September 14, 2007, 03:34:28 PM »
actually, lucifer says, if i weren't doing my knitting i'd be doing that eyeball thingista, but frankly, i'm too fucked to be able to multitask.

and anyway, stop putting "words" in my mouth.   >:(  (apart from anything else, it's getting crowded in there).

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #1046 on: September 14, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »
went for remote and windswept walk through wuthering south pennine scenery. got to destination to be greeted by bunch of curious sheep. I guess not that many people are nuts enough to be on the Pennine Way in September (at least I didn't see anyone else who didn't fly or bleat).

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1047 on: September 14, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
actually, lucifer says, if i weren't doing my knitting i'd be doing that eyeball thingista, but frankly, i'm too fucked to be able to multitask.

and anyway, stop putting "words" in my mouth.   >:(  (apart from anything else, it's getting crowded in there).

*glows with happiness for her*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1048 on: September 14, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
went for remote and windswept walk through wuthering south pennine scenery. got to destination to be greeted by bunch of curious sheep. I guess not that many people are nuts enough to be on the Pennine Way in September (at least I didn't see anyone else who didn't fly or bleat).

Sounds like a peaceful walk. My favorite kind, but I have to travel many miles to find peace.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1049 on: September 14, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »
Crawled around under buildings, knees an hand are very sore

George Bernard Shaw