Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 133780 times)

Offline mordok

• The Ultimate Question of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #900 on: September 01, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
let him edit the registry instead, mordok. the way i see it, it's a win-win situation. ;D

:pwned: :lol: :plus:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #901 on: September 01, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
Picked up my meds.

ozymandias

« Reply #902 on: September 02, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »

Retrieved our computer from the shop after having the memory increased, deleted Symantec and Weatherbug and installed a new security system.  Planning our trip to southern NH to visit one of my oldest and only friend from the high school from hell.
i thought that deleting symantic was impossible.
Symantec leaves traces of itself, behind.
The problem is that to get it all out, you must edit the registry, even if you let Windows do the install and un-install itself. I use AVG now, too. I like it for many reasons, but I am most impressed by its ability to do a full system scan "in the background" with very little impact on resources. When Norton works, it hogs the box.

The computer tech people scanned every file, which is why our computer took longer to get done than promised.  The tech person did warn us about symantec's deep "roots".  So hopefully it is out.  We now use AVG as well.  The tech people garuantee their work when customers use AVG.  They will NOT do that if customers insist on symantec.  Anyway time will tell!   So far so good, visiting forums is much faster and I'm not as frustrated with stuff as I was.  YAY

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #903 on: September 03, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
Rented another movie at redbox.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
finally backed up my mobile's contents.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #905 on: September 03, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »
Just threw in a load of laundry and made a miniscule attempt at locating something in the filthy hellhole that masquerades as our basement.   I did find what I was looking for, and a couple other useful things, but I can't dislodge them without creating an avalanche.  I suppose that gives me a project for the rest of the week.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #906 on: September 03, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
deleted a bunch of old PMs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #907 on: September 03, 2007, 02:13:38 PM »

:LMAO:

increased your pooter's memory then, or what?  ;)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #908 on: September 03, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »

:LMAO:

increased your pooter's memory then, or what?  ;)

???

please tell me that i'm not missing anything particularly obvious? :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #909 on: September 03, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »
okay: you're not missing anything particularly obvious.   :-*

(i'm so obedient!   :eyelash: )

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #910 on: September 03, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »
Slept and felt sick all day >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #911 on: September 03, 2007, 05:24:56 PM »
Killed a fly and offered it to a ant.

ozymandias

« Reply #912 on: September 03, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »
Went out to dinner at our favorite chinese restaurant! 8)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #913 on: September 03, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »
Went through something that was so nutty it was like it was out of a sitcom.  I seriously thought I was going to die.

A friend of mine and I were in her house (which is sort of divided into a duplex she shares with her dad), and we were looking at soundboards on ebaumsworld.  Suddenly, she notices that her dogs are barking, and gets up and walks into the other room to check something, then fucking RUNS out of that room, past me, out her front door, and into her dad's half of the house- leaving her front door open.  Freaky enough, but there's more, but first, to understand why the rest of this is really scary, you have to understand that she lives in a sort of bad neighborhood, and that people have tried to attack her and her dad before, AND that the police won't help her dad because he's been in trouble with the law in the past.  OK, back to this afternoon- I am of course wondering what's making the dogs bark, but figure I'd get in the way if I tried to figure out what was going on, AND I figured if a home invader or the cops were making the dogs bark, it would be best if I appeared completely uninvolved and clueless, plus I figured she's tell me if there was danger (even if just to say, run).  (Appeared clueless, btw- ha!  I was!)  At any rate, I didn't want to shut the front door in case she had to come back in and I'd locked her out of her own house, so I sat still and left it open (the screen door was shut, so her pets couldn't get out, but any human could get in.)  OK, so, I hear her screaming at her dad to wake up (and I start wondering if he's sick).  THEN I hear sirens in the background.  THEN, a car pulls up the street and this guy goes onto their porch and knocks on her dad's door.  (Whoever was making the dogs bark called for reinforcements?!?)  At this point I'm thinking I should have shut the front door, but I don't want to move, like maybe if I don't move the guy won't see me (motion-based vision!  or at least if I hold still I'll look less involved/suspicious).  The guy keeps banging on the door, not saying anything, really.  Then I hear my friend say something about "His head's all bloody."  Then it's just me, the guy outside, and my friend's hysterical miniature Chihuahua, sitting beside me and doing everything in its power to attract the attention of said delivery guy.

The came back into her house again a couple minutes later and explained everything, of course.  here's what happened.

One of her dad's dogs was attacking the other.  This happens sometimes and they can't stop it; the killer dog is insensitive to pain and is tough to punish, but nice to people- just not the other dog.  Anyway, my friend ran to get her dad, who has some health problems and was sleeping/dazed (hence her yelling for him to wake up).  The guy was probably either a delivery guy or a cable guy or the like (I forget), and had some kind of throat thing (laryngitis or something) where he couldn't shout into the house.  The sirens were random and not very close.  And, the dog who was attacked got bit on the ear, so his head was bloody.  Further, she didn't know the delivery guy was there because she was so focused on the dog, not had she heard the siren, so when she came back, she had no idea at first why I looked like I'd suddenly turned to wax.

Anyway, she told me (as I guessed) that she would have told me if there was real danger, and to just shut the door after her from now on and I can just open it again if she needs to get in if I'm sure it's her.

And, it really was perfectly set up to seem as threatening as it could without actually being so- in other words, fucking HILARIOUS!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:59:53 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2007, 12:28:56 AM »
Drove kid to school. Had coffee. Soon on my second cup.

- Albert Einstein