Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134263 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
I'm a nice guy; always listening to people's problems and stuff, and trying to help when I can.  It seems to be a pretty big turn-off for most girls.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2007, 07:37:16 AM »
I'm a nice guy; always listening to people's problems and stuff, and trying to help when I can.  It seems to be a pretty big turn-off for most girls.

Have you shown them your arse?  ;)

Litigious

« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2007, 07:38:59 AM »

Yes. You've discovered on of the most bitter truths of life.  :plus: :(

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »
Ok so what quality would you say goes along with this 'bastardly behaviour' that makes women attracted to men who behave like that but isn't actually bastardly behaviour?

I thought you were saying that men hide their bad side from the women they want to sleep with because they really want nice guys.

it is mostly confidence,
also they way they interact with other people
the little instinct part of a womans brain wants strong leaders
you don’t have to be a bastard to be one of them
bastards just act like there in control of every one
because they don’t care if they are not the top dog they will pretend
and men do modify there behavior around potential mates
they do not become "nice guys" they just don't treet the woman like they treet other men so they often do not come off as jerks to a woman will they will to her male friends

YOU do relise that there is a medium between jurk and nice guy right?

So its ok to make assumptions and generalisations about half of the world's population, but prejudice when you do it about a smaller group?
My point is that although people do often makes generalisations about others (based on very little evidence sometimes)  it doesn't make it right, and the way you reacted to that (even though I stated that I wouldn't agree) kinda proves my point.

No it dose not it just proves that YOU don’t understand I will give u an example of both and lets see if you can figger it out

Generalization = woman are sexually attracted to men

Predjuce= because you are a woman you must be attracted to men

If I say in my experience I am talking about my limited experience other wise I am talking about valid studies

And on the supposed reaction to what you said to me I did not address that point
 I just don’t need to

Where did I state that I did know the limits of your knowledge??

Second- I didn't once say that I didn't believe in instincts-I do however believe these are more complex than you believe[/font][/font] (yes I got at from the start that you were simplifying) and that you're just limiting your comments on these based on which ones will back up your argument.

and i am still waiting for you to tell me where i apparently said
"that only those who are somehow fucked up would want to have a relationship with someone that challenges them for instance"

Ok since I obviously misinterpreted your other comment about this what about this one:

yes there are some woman who want to be treating badly they have low self esteem

or to little self control?

I maintain that is a valid point people who have been abused will often seek it out  after
Or more likely just fall in to the same trap

There was a quote missing in there the
Or to little self control was directed at some one post and not part of that comment
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2007, 08:11:13 AM »

YOU do relise that there is a medium between jurk and nice guy right? 

Yes and that was partly the point I was making when I first posted on this thread about the subject.  That people are attracted to such a wide range of behaviours/types of people its not accurate to generalise.

Why is it I feel like I'm beating a dead horse with a semantics stick?? ::)

I agree that sometimes woman who have been abused will seek out other abusive relationships, but I don't agree that's always the case. I guess it all comes down to individual beliefs about how you define an abusive relationship.  Many people would count people who engage in BDSM activities as being in an abusive relationship, whilst the people involved in those kind of relationships would take offence at that.

ozymandias

« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2007, 09:07:20 AM »
Brought Amber to school, had to bring my wife's pharmacist Lab coat to her since she forgot it, did Grocery shopping while in town.  Changing the sheets on the beds for laundry day, browsing the forums and the internet between chores.  Nit picky little things needing to be done inside, since it's raining buckets and I can't do stuff outside.  Oh and watching my rain collection system for summer gardening irrigation fill up slowly but surely. 8)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »
Brought Amber to school, had to bring my wife's pharmacist Lab coat to her since she forgot it, did Grocery shopping while in town.  Changing the sheets on the beds for laundry day, browsing the forums and the internet between chores.  Nit picky little things needing to be done inside, since it's raining buckets and I can't do stuff outside.  Oh and watching my rain collection system for summer gardening irrigation fill up slowly but surely. 8)

What does your rain collection system compose of?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_P

« Reply #322 on: April 30, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »

It seems so fucking hard to just be yourself, I wonder why I should fucking bother finding a girlfriend. :p

Ooooh, I'm not mean to the girls enough, I must be an omega male. Boo-hoo-fucking-hoo.

Don't like me being nice? Blow me, then, bitch.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #323 on: April 30, 2007, 09:54:31 AM »
I owe you karma for that- I just tried but couldn't give you anymore just yet  :laugh: Although I will point out if they don't like you being nice they're unlikely to blow you :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #324 on: April 30, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »

It seems so fucking hard to just be yourself, I wonder why I should fucking bother finding a girlfriend. :p

Ooooh, I'm not mean to the girls enough, I must be an omega male. Boo-hoo-fucking-hoo.

Don't like me being nice? Blow me, then, bitch.

:LMAO:

I have said that, before! Yeah ... karma up.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2007, 10:52:50 AM »

What does your rain collection system compose of?

Pretty much, large plastic garbage cans and 5 gallon plastic buckets.  All sitting under the eaves of our metal roof to collect what streams off.  Pretty low tech.  When I use the water, I just dip a bunch of watering cans in and water the specific plants at their bases.  If I use my hose the water from the well is cold (about 50 F) and it costs in electricity.  The water in the garbage cans is warmer.  We have a small garden so unless we get really dry conditions for a long time.  My system can store about 3-5 days of watering, watering every other or every third day.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »
Returned a M$ keyboard and bought a Logitech keyboard in its place.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »
Wasted almost my entire 'day off' on Intensity.

Litigious

« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2007, 12:26:42 PM »
Postwhored, trying to bleach my teeth. It hurts a little in one, though. I really hope that I don't get pulpititis.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »
I have re-assembled my outdoor sound system, for the backyard. It's really a small PA for a band, that will sit under a tarp roof on the deck all summer. I actually started about four this morning and got it going inside the garage. I ended up skipping my morning walk to sit in a folding lawn chair and listen to music for about an hour, instead. It's in place, now and the Wes Montgomery tunes are sounding good.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.