Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 134323 times)

Litigious

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »
so they want a modern neutered man, with a detatchable penis that can be used only in the bedroom?

Something like that. But it's hard to resist when they at least let you be King in bed.  :-\

i have always maintained that women have the real power.

that is why i act like such a pig sometimes.  not becuase i really think that way....but just because i am being rebellious.

They actually found out in that research, that most women here despise a man that doesn't act like a pig in bed. They consider that kind of a guy a wimp.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »
so they want a modern neutered man, with a detatchable penis that can be used only in the bedroom?

Something like that. But it's hard to resist when they at least let you be King in bed.  :-\

that is why i act like such a pig sometimes.  not becuase i really think that way....but just because i am being rebellious.

They actually found out in that research, that most women here despise a man that doesn't act like a pig in bed. They consider that kind of a guy a wimp.
women, sure are confusical.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2007, 08:11:41 AM »

I would say that a "typical" Swedish woman is pretty bitchy and wants a macho guy, but only a "tamed" macho guy. He's not allowed to be macho if she doesn't want him to be macho.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »

I would say that a "typical" Swedish woman is pretty bitchy and wants a macho guy, but only a "tamed" macho guy. He's not allowed to be macho if she doesn't want him to be macho.
still, i believe that at the onset of most relationships a woman wants a guy that she can rescue.
a rebel.
someone to tame.

the problem later becomes boredom for a woman, imho.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2007, 08:23:21 AM »

still, i believe that at the onset of most relationships a woman wants a guy that she can rescue.
a rebel.
someone to tame.

the problem later becomes boredom for a woman, imho.

Agree 100%. The "make-the-bad-guy-a-good-guy" "concept" is very well known here in Sweden too. The problem is that 1) a really bad guy can't and won't be "rescued" and 2) what you already mentioned; boredom if she will succeed with it.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »
Woke up. Let's see if I can get any further along than that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2007, 03:59:59 PM »
Maybe he does IRL or "loses" to keep the peace.  ;)
that's what i was thinking.  but i was trying to get him to admit it.

Oh, I lose, every now and then. And sometimes I stop myself.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »

That would demonstrate wisdom.

He is a wise guy. Except on the gun issue and Islam.  ;)
i believe that he is biased on both those points because of personal experiences.

In that case, isn't everyone biased on just about everything? There's no such thing as objectivity.

Edit: There is, however, a concept called "being clueless". "Uninformed" to those of you that prefer playing nice.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:05:13 PM by odeon »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2007, 04:27:08 PM »

i believe that he is biased on both those points because of personal experiences.

In that case, isn't everyone biased on just about everything? There's no such thing as objectivity.

Edit: There is, however, a concept called "being clueless". "Uninformed" to those of you that prefer playing nice.

Your edit beat me to the punch. I have known many of those who are too stupid to have a decent, logical bias. Thank you.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »
Sorry, DD. My edit popped up in my head right after I hit "Submit". I'm pretty sure you could have done it more eloquently than I did. I have this crazy urge to insult perfect strangers. Subtly if I can, but if not, well, anything goes.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »
Yippee. Figured out why I couldn't get AspectJ to work.

Turns out it wasn't creating the files at all (which explains
why I couldn't find them) - I had too old a copy of eclipse
for the pluggin to work.

Now, let's see if my code works.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »

yes, i was making a safe argument.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »
Pulled up weeds
Dusted and wiped down everything in my room
Cooked hot wings and chili dogs
Took pictures of our flowers outside
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »
Pulled up weeds

looked for an antacid.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »
Pulled up weeds

looked for an antacid.

Surprisingly, neither hot wings nor hot dog chili give me indigestion. Regular chili gives me such bad heartburn that I ended up going through sleep paralysis a few nights ago. Not fun.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law