Author Topic: Doublestandardness?  (Read 702 times)

P7PSP

Re: Doublestandardness?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:51 AM »
Sorry, too vague a thread start..

Wellz.. this thread was my half-baked attempt to start a thread about something I hate quite a bit. Yes yes, I'm probably not all the way free from doublestandardness myself.. and here and there I might 'judge' something s/o else doing negativity.. whilst yeah, properly looking at myself.. I do/did the p/m same thing too.

Old girlfriend, talking about this, said to me once.. That when you point your finger towards the other.. there are usually three fingers (of own hand) pointing back at you. Might be a christian symbolism or reference for she was.. (duh)

Animal nature? Was about to write that it's probably more human nature (than animal nature in general but.. ) but yeah, animals also do to others what they wish not to be done to themselves.

Um, that's one adage, i.e. 'Don't do to others what you wish not to be done to yourself'..  that seems to be totally forgotten nowadays. Thought Confucius said that.. a long time ago.. and maybe a tadski naive.
Not true IMO. When I use my index finger to point it is the only finger pointing.  The others are inert and out of the way.  Having the others out of the way is what emphasizes the fact that the index finger is pointing.  :indeed:

Your other fingers are inert because they are lazy slackers.  :hahaha:
:agreed: they can be indolent at times.

That's why you have the dust bunnies.  :zoinks:
It all ties together in God's plan.  :angel:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Doublestandardness?
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 07:15:49 AM »
Sorry, too vague a thread start..

Wellz.. this thread was my half-baked attempt to start a thread about something I hate quite a bit. Yes yes, I'm probably not all the way free from doublestandardness myself.. and here and there I might 'judge' something s/o else doing negativity.. whilst yeah, properly looking at myself.. I do/did the p/m same thing too.

Old girlfriend, talking about this, said to me once.. That when you point your finger towards the other.. there are usually three fingers (of own hand) pointing back at you. Might be a christian symbolism or reference for she was.. (duh)

Animal nature? Was about to write that it's probably more human nature (than animal nature in general but.. ) but yeah, animals also do to others what they wish not to be done to themselves.

Um, that's one adage, i.e. 'Don't do to others what you wish not to be done to yourself'..  that seems to be totally forgotten nowadays. Thought Confucius said that.. a long time ago.. and maybe a tadski naive.
Not true IMO. When I use my index finger to point it is the only finger pointing.  The others are inert and out of the way.  Having the others out of the way is what emphasizes the fact that the index finger is pointing.  :indeed:

Your other fingers are inert because they are lazy slackers.  :hahaha:
:agreed: they can be indolent at times.

That's why you have the dust bunnies.  :zoinks:
It all ties together in God's plan.  :angel:

Be sure to ask your priest about this after attending Mass this weekend!   :pope:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"