Author Topic: Hipsters not so anomynous  (Read 1497 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Hipsters not so anomynous
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »
You forgot the love of geometric shapes (like triangles), space and having an unnatural obsession with fonts like Helvetica.

So Pythagoras was the first official hipster then? He really loved his triangles. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 09:39:35 AM »
He did go around barefoot and wearing a toga, so yes. Fucking hipster.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 09:42:31 AM »
He did go around barefoot and wearing a toga, so yes. Fucking hipster.

:LMAO:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
hipster -

Referring to young people of around 18-30 years of age, who drink cheap beer (most often Pabst Blue Ribbon, on occasion Budwiser), smoke Parliaments, Lucky Strikes or hard to obtain foreign cigarettes (such as Gauloises) and take recreational drugs, coke being the most popular. Use a great deal of sarcasm, claim to be ironic. Are usually less than 5% body fat, drink copious amounts of coffee and eat children's cereal. Listen to Indie Rock, rely heavily on Pitchfork Media to tell them what's cool. Don't dance at concerts. Wear a mixture of thrifted clothing and items bought at American Apparel (commonly Tri-blend v-necks) and Urban Outfitters. Extremely tight jeans worn by both sexes, pairing these with either a band or b-movie t shirt and a plaid shirt/v-neck and a cardigan along with Nike hi-tops/Vans/Keds. Females often wear retro style dresses and racerback tank tops without bras. Eschew public transport and instead choose to ride fixed-brake bikes. Often claim to know about literature and film - will have googled a good deal of Vonnegut and French New Wave cinema.

You found this somewhere, or is knowledge like this stored in your head?  :GA:

Looks complicated, and a lot of work, to be a real hipster.

Hubert, how much time does it take the average hipster to get ready to face the world in the morning?

(Just read an article about men and beauty, one of those guys spent six hours a day, before he dared leaving his home.... :zombiefuck: )
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »
hipster -

Referring to young people of around 18-30 years of age, who drink cheap beer (most often Pabst Blue Ribbon, on occasion Budwiser), smoke Parliaments, Lucky Strikes or hard to obtain foreign cigarettes (such as Gauloises) and take recreational drugs, coke being the most popular. Use a great deal of sarcasm, claim to be ironic. Are usually less than 5% body fat, drink copious amounts of coffee and eat children's cereal. Listen to Indie Rock, rely heavily on Pitchfork Media to tell them what's cool. Don't dance at concerts. Wear a mixture of thrifted clothing and items bought at American Apparel (commonly Tri-blend v-necks) and Urban Outfitters. Extremely tight jeans worn by both sexes, pairing these with either a band or b-movie t shirt and a plaid shirt/v-neck and a cardigan along with Nike hi-tops/Vans/Keds. Females often wear retro style dresses and racerback tank tops without bras. Eschew public transport and instead choose to ride fixed-brake bikes. Often claim to know about literature and film - will have googled a good deal of Vonnegut and French New Wave cinema.

It's the definition in the Urban Dictionary ;)

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 01:16:46 AM »
hipster -

It's the definition in the Urban Dictionary ;)

Pfffeewww, that's  relief.  I was starting to think you might be going batshit crazy.

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
Using Japanese characters in his username... who does he think he's trying to impress on here?

Offline BB

• Eye-Rolling Avian Ambassador Of The Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
  • @_@
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
Using Japanese characters in his username... who does he think he's trying to impress on here?

Actually its korean

I got blue raven translated into korean, im currently obsessed with korea

Its pronounced
Beullu kkamagwi

Offline BB

• Frequent Poster
  • @_@
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 10:12:45 PM »
I love korean language, how its written is so smart I want to learn it ones day and some day go to korea

힏글 hangul is korean for the korean language

This is the way its written

ㅎ ㅣㄷ =힏
H   a  n = han

ㄱ ㅡ ㄹ= 글
G  eu  l = gul

Each little clump of characters is  a single sillable

So cool

midlifeaspie

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »
Fucking aspie  ::)

Offline BB

• Frequent Poster
  • @_@
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »
You are too

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »
I like Kimchi, especially Bowl Noodle Soup, kimchi flavored.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 12:45:46 AM »
Fucking aspie  ::)
You are too

Love between the two of you finally being consummated?

Offline BB

• Frequent Poster
  • @_@
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 05:52:00 AM »
OHmigod, kimchi is the most amazing thing, how can they make cabbage taste so good
Bib im bap is soo good , I also like this raw fish and buckwheat noodle salad with chilli thing at my local korean restuant , dont know how to spell it. also korean corn tea is amazing .
Im not much of an eater, I only really eat dinner properly and drink coffee alot.

Haha  hubert and i....

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:44 AM »