Educational

Author Topic: Animals on death row  (Read 773 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Animals on death row
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
what the fuck is this and why?

why?

no healthy cat/dog should be killed

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Animals on death row
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:12:58 AM »
If a animal is vicious and has killed people for no reason, they should be put to sleep. But I think it's fucked to kill an animal when they attacked someone in self defense or because they were provoked or because it was a puppy and it was just playing so it didn't mean to kill the baby.

When an animal kills rather it was for self defense or because it was provoked or because it was just playing, they put it to sleep thinking it can kill again. But yet if a child kills, they sure don't put it to sleep thinking it might be a sociopath and could kill again or grow up to be a killer. Obviously kids are valued more than pets and are seen more important than pets.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »
No healthy dog or cat should be killed IMO either, but if they can't be homed or adopted out to anyone what choice do they have?

They could release them into the big wide world I guess (let them become feral) but that wouldn't be good for public health or the ecosystem.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:44 AM »
I agree. What is the alternative. Perhaps just working out the "kindest, quickest death is what needs to be done.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:29:59 AM »
Sterilisation of cats and dogs kept as pets should be mandatory unless they are meant for breeding. The neighbour kept Liam (the cat) for two years without sterilising him. He could be responsible for heaps of unwanted kittens. Or rather, the neighbour is. Just boggles my mind why they didn't get it done.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:16:55 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:54 AM »
I agree with renaeden

I think more should be done to keep them. Government funded shelters etc to at least buy them some more time

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
They could release them into the big wide world I guess (let them become feral) but that wouldn't be good for public health or the ecosystem.

I'd much rather euthanise my dog than let her face a short, stressful, feral life and a death that would likely be prolonged and painful or otherwise deeply unpleasant.  She's about as domesticated as it's possible to be, and it would be terrible for her to starve to death or be eaten alive by a predator.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
You think it's alright for humans to be on death row but not animals?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:27:08 AM »
That's all well and good for cute things like kittens and puppies but what about livestock, are they not also on death row?  I understand they are born and bred for that but what is the difference when you really come down to it?  Also what about China and the breeding of Saint Bernard dogs for food  would they be considered pets or livestock?  Not to say I am unsympathetic to any animals plight or feel there should not be laws governing cruelty but it is an issue with many sides.   
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
i get what ur saying and honestly i dont know. i often think i am a massive hypocrite for not being vegetarian. well, i guess i AM a a hopocrite technically

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 10:47:50 AM »
I dunno why i would want to fund animal shelters out of my tax money. I think that the money better spent elsewhere in the economy tbh. I do not like cruelty to animals and I do not like the fact that idiots will make a problem they are not wanting to fix but it should not become my problem. I do not like animals and would not like to keep or shelter or feed one. I make that choice, I certainly do not want to contribute to doing that for others.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
FYI:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
^That's horrible^

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
i get what ur saying and honestly i dont know. i often think i am a massive hypocrite for not being vegetarian. well, i guess i AM a a hopocrite technically

http://pbfcomics.com/153
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Isn't sterilization a bit too harsh for animals?